LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dose Having Catheter Draining 24?7 Cause Incontinence?

I need to become incontinent and I have been following the twelve month diaper program consistently since June and nothing is happening to my sphincter muscles, I think because I get erections. I think because I clench these muscles its working against me somewhat.

I need to have a foley catheter in all the time so I lose the muscel tone so I can become incontinent, would wearing a catheter work? I need this

bill

I need to become incontinent and I have been following the twelve month diaper program consistently since June and nothing is happening to my sphincter muscles, I think because I get erections. I think because I clench these muscles its working against me somewhat.

I need to have a foley catheter in all the time so I lose the muscel tone so I can become incontinent, would wearing a catheter work? I need this

bill

Goerge,

You need to past past the desire that you NEED to become incontinent. You can just go when you get the feeling and in time it will become second nature I suppose. Being incontinent and not having a snowballs chance of recovery is something you may want to do and over time will be something you may not want. Right now you can choose. Be thankful you can! Living with accidents that always happen at the wrong time is very much a pain. You may find that later in life you no longer want this and if you do something to your body to disrupt that may very well find you in the situation you are in right now except it may be something you no longer want. People change all the time.

Cathing causes trouble. You can open yourself to a whole host of problem including kidney failure...or worse. That is just not worth the risk. Kidney & bladder infections are something that could bring you to your knees in pain. Yes people use them for fun and have gone years with no problems but there are just as many people that have had the reverse happen. Don't be willing to take that bet!

There is really no untraining yourself. There is however the ability to just let go and teaching youself to do that without fear. Stick with that knowing that should you ever want to change you can even if its just for a little while.

I am incontinent with light bowell problems due to a lifting injury. I have no desire to be that way but it is what it is. There are countless surgeries and medications that can be used for which some I have tried but had nasty side effects. I've had to change some of my lifestyle and have done so. Here is something to think about. In my case I have a daughter getting married next year and as the proud father I will walk her down the aisle in front of hundreds of people. I will cath that day so I fit into my tuxedo pants properly. I will be in some pain that entire day. I will have to watch the leg bag closely and pray it holds together. It will be time like that you will have wished you never did something to make yourself incontinent.

I am not judging you at all as its your life. I am just speaking as a person that is incontinent and has little to no control and I hope you read this realizing that its best to have the control to not have control. Keep it that way as there is a lot of life ahead of you!

Have a great day!

Seriously, after a day or two of an open catheter, you will feel it in your bladder and kidneys more than likely. Like a numbing lower back pain on each side. Your opening a closed system that's not meant for the elements. Too bad there's not some kind of pressure valve on a catheter to open and close as more urine builds up. Also, another danger of having a cath in too long, it can eventually wear a hole through the side of your bladder. I've searched cases, though rare, it can happen if used for extended periods of time especially if you keep moving up in size.

Sometimes catheters feel like the only option to achieve your goal though so I see where you're coming from and your frustration. You couldn't probably care less about the consequenses until you have them. Like a smoker cares about lung cancer until they have it. Then it's a "should've quit" scenario.

Are you diapered 24/7 since June?

Yes, I have a printed copy of the 12 Month Program, and he specifically says that there was a long period of time where he felt that nothing was happening (it had become easier to 'let go', but still no real loss of control) then it was a sharp drop off a cliff, suddenly he was wetting the bed and unable to control his bladder or bowels unless he REALLY tried hard. It takes a lot of commitment. Keep in mind, even if you are able to "mind over matter" while you're awake, and NEVER clench your external sphincters, you will naturally do so when you're asleep. How long did potty training take? It takes TIME to train yourself for full time diapers use as well. It requires a lot of practice, and a lot of determination.

By the way, I still NEED to be incontinent, but the time isn't right. Someday, when I can afford diapers full time, and when I can feel comfortable taking that plunge again, I'll get there.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't NEED to become incontinent, EVER! You wouldn't like it if you had the chance to try it for real. I had spent a couple of weeks with no control and it was very distressing both mentally and physically. It gave me a real understanding to what it's like to truely be incontinent. You body will do whatever it needs, when it needs, and it doesn't happen just because you are dressed for it. Diaper or not, your body will empty when it needs to. You have not experienced incontinence until you involentarally pee all over the bathroom floor as you get out of the shower.

Keep the choice as long as you physically can.

You don't NEED to become incontinent, EVER! You wouldn't like it if you had the chance to try it for real. I had spent a couple of weeks with no control and it was very distressing both mentally and physically. It gave me a real understanding to what it's like to truely be incontinent. You body will do whatever it needs, when it needs, and it doesn't happen just because you are dressed for it. Diaper or not, your body will empty when it needs to. You have not experienced incontinence until you involentarally pee all over the bathroom floor as you get out of the shower.

Keep the choice as long as you physically can.

And you don't need to decide for him.... it's his choice, he can do whatever makes him happy.

As for catheter casing incontinence. No, it does not. I've had a catheter in for over three weeks and had no issues after about twelve hours. I've been playing with catheters for 20 years. There bogymen spouting bs about instant UTI have probably never used a cath and are just repeating the same BS as someone else.... it's possible to play safe, but there are risk.

InD

• Like 1

This is the 'Incontinent-Desires' forum. Those of you who cant accept this, and keep repeating 'you don’t need to....' or 'it is not all it is cracked up...' are totally disrespecting the free choice made by those who wish it on themselves, and is also insulting to this forum - in that you don’t respect the choice made by the admins in allowing this freedom to others.

Goerge, long term catheter wearing does NOT cause incontinence. It will cause bladder and kidney infection, which will result in hospitalisation and possibly mental evaluation re your choice. If incontinence is your intention, fulltime diaper usage combined with complete relaxation of all concerned muscle groups will create the desired effect – i.e. voiding by reflex of need similar to that of a chronological baby. This will take between 4 weeks to 4 months, however training yourself not to react to the voiding – clamping etc – will take a further 6 weeks to 6 months. These times vary per individual depending on the actual trigger(s) used to toilet train.

The mind remembers how not to respond to voiding and to remain relaxed. It is the toilet training that taught the mind to react, and it is this teaching, you have to extend – tell it that it is ok to void and to do so will not have any consequences.

The natural training method / 12 month method etc works this way, but it is slow. This can be accelerated by self hypnosis – i.e. repeating to yourself ‘it is OK to void in your diapers – you are a good ?? to void in your diapers ‘ etc. You have to convince your subconscious mind, and completely believe it – so that the toilet training and its trigger is nullified.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi george I have read your post and I wish you all the luck in becoming incontinent if that is what you want I realy hope you get there I have been catheterized for three years ( but not at this time) and it never caused me to loose control mind you I used a 18fr at the time I did not go above that size.

It was my doctor that fitted me with it and after that it was the distrct nurse that changed it.

• 3 months later...

The answer to the topic question is "yes and no". In some people it may in others it doesn't. The effect was recorded in very long term users mainly. One thing that you should try is being catheterised for a week or two (I would suggest a silicone cath for this length of time) the right guage and propery inserted in a sterile way. I found having a long narrow bore tube attached stopped any back flow. The reason to try this is because it is a whole different feeling from wetting the normal way. You have no feeling of wetting apart from the odd extra warmth once in a while. You might as well rig up a botle with a timer to let some water into you nappy every hour or so, the experience will be be exactly the same. I am sure some of our incontinent friends will bear this out, a desire is just that, it loses its excitement when its for real.

• 2 months later...

The answer to the topic question is "yes and no". In some people it may in others it doesn't. The effect was recorded in very long term users mainly. One thing that you should try is being catheterised for a week or two (I would suggest a silicone cath for this length of time) the right guage and propery inserted in a sterile way. I found having a long narrow bore tube attached stopped any back flow. The reason to try this is because it is a whole different feeling from wetting the normal way. You have no feeling of wetting apart from the odd extra warmth once in a while. You might as well rig up a botle with a timer to let some water into you nappy every hour or so, the experience will be be exactly the same. I am sure some of our incontinent friends will bear this out, a desire is just that, it loses its excitement when its for real.

Miss Marcia, I would have to partially agree with you. I've been urge incontinent for 14 years. I hated dealing with it at first but absolutely love wearing & wetting diapers now. One reason was catheters which reduced the sometimes painful urges (and subsequent flooding) to a more normal incontinence. My answer is yes, catheters will work but not if you only use them for a week or two. Based on my experience you'd need to use them for about 3 months before seeing even a small improvement. As for the scare tactics some others are saying about infections, if you stay clean and drink plenty of fluids (especially cranberry juices) then your chances of getting an infection are a lot less than most would lead you to believe.