LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Poll: Interest In Midlands Munch

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Munch in the Midlands?

• YES
    • NO
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Where would you be willing to meet?

• Birmingham
    • Leicester
    • Other (please post suggestion)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ I am not sure if you was one of the people I was thinking about when I said that, I may have assumed it would be too far for you to want to travel but of course it would be great to if you can go.

I know there is someone else that was going to post saying that they thought the Loft is a perfectly good place to meet but they clearly have got around to it yet but unless any one object to it I for one would be fine saying we will meet there then if we ever get it going :)

Are ‘we’ still saying that Sunday is the best day?

If so may I suggest me say it will happen no soon than six weeks to give us time to get it sorted and give people time to plan. So if anyone is 99.9% sure they will be going and there is a weekend they know they will not be able to make it say so so that we can avoided having it on that weekend... or if any way has a weekend in mind they would really like to have it on then say so and if every (or enough people) are ok with it we will go with that. (so if there is a weekend you really really want it on I would post quickly if I was you, lol)

Ok then Abrera, sorry to hear you can’t make it but thanks for helping out with a place to meet (and you never know the way this is going it may go back to being a weekday lol)

Ok well I think it has gotten to the point where we just need to pick a date but I am quite aware of the fact it can’t be any time too too soon but it is also getting closer to Christmas (and the finical and family commitment that come with it) so don’t want to leave it too long ether. But before Christmas may not now be possible for some people

The easiest way to sort this may be a straight vote. If you are wanting to go which date would be best for you

Sunday the 6th of December

Or

Sunday the 7th of February

(If you have any other time dates etc you would proffer it to be still feel free to say, I am just trying to make it as simple and clear cut as possible)

And just in case you have not read the rest of the post I think it is the general view that it will be at the Loft in Birmingham about midday.

Ok then Abrera, sorry to hear you can’t make it but thanks for helping out with a place to meet (and you never know the way this is going it may go back to being a weekday lol)

Ok well I think it has gotten to the point where we just need to pick a date but I am quite aware of the fact it can’t be any time too too soon but it is also getting closer to Christmas (and the finical and family commitment that come with it) so don’t want to leave it too long ether. But before Christmas may not now be possible for some people

The easiest way to sort this may be a straight vote. If you are wanting to go which date would be best for you

Sunday the 6th of December

Or

Sunday the 7th of February

(If you have any other time dates etc you would proffer it to be still feel free to say, I am just trying to make it as simple and clear cut as possible)

And just in case you have not read the rest of the post I think it is the general view that it will be at the Loft in Birmingham about midday.

sounds cool to me im free both days

Cool I will hope to see you both there ^_^

And Tommy are you ok with both of the dates I suggested? Or is there one that would be better than the other?

And if everyone say that they are ok with both I think we will go for the closest as with thing that a few months away people then to say yes now then forget and double book.

I'd join the table on the 6th...

Need to come up with a plan or signal to make sure you know who, where, which table etc

Don't think raincoats and "are you redfox?" would cut it.

Well it is looking like people ether don’t mind which or they proffer the 6th so unless someone shouts at me in the next day or two it is looking like it will be the 6th. I am only rushing to get a date so that I can post on other sites so people that don’t us DD can possible come.

Good Point about being able to find each other. I think the normal way at munchs is to put and A-Z on the table but that is not always too effective, well not once you have a few people there that least. I am not keen on any idea that has anything to do with AB stuff as the point is that no one else knows. I will happily post a photo of me on here so that there is something to go by (partly just because I never like the idea of meeting people I haven’t seen before so I am guessing other people proffer to know what other people look like too). Other than that can’t think of much else we can do.

As a general point the way munchs normally work is there is a set start time when you can expect that there will be some people there and then a ruff end time and then you pretty much turn up when you like have a bit of a chat and then leave again when you like. Seeing as the bullring close at 5 on Sundays, and as far as I know the Loft is in the bullring, May I suggest a start time of 12?

An A-Z would be fine as long as it doesn't coincide with an ordinance survey get together.

And yeah, you couldn't exactly leave a few bottles or rattles out without drawing possibly negative attention.

I'll be honest, I've little idea of munch etiquette. I say little, none.

Well having been to.... what is it 3 now... munchs for ‘other things’ I am no expert but it is pretty much act as you would act if you was meeting up with your friends (well if you are anything like me there will be a bit more nerves neck rubbing etc than when I meet most of my friends but you know what I mean). Just wear normal cloths etc (if you are going to wear or have to that is fine as long as it is not intentional noticeable) and pretty much talk about anything you like. I tend to find other than the odd joke and innuendo most of the conversation tends to be about normal every day stuff but that doesn't have to be the case.

Hi all, I was trying to find a little bit more information about 'the Loft' to make it easier for people to find it and (I may be wrong about this but quite sure I am not) there is no such place in the bullring itself. There is a place not too far from there called the 'the loft lounge' (http://www.theloftlounge.co.uk/) so I am not sure if this is the place Abrera meant.

But seeing as (according to Google) the loft lounge is only a 7 minute walk away from both New Street Station and the bullring it shouldn't be any harder for people to get to so unless any one has any objection (or an address for 'the loft' in the bullring) I would suggest changing the location to the loft lounge to save any confusion.

I'm available on the 6th as well, and The Loft looks alright; I've never been there before but I know my way around the city centre pretty well (having been in to the gay quarter a couple of times). The Loft isn't in the Bullring, it's about 400m south of it.

I'll consider going; I've been to real-life Internet subculture meets in the past and if we're meeting in the Loft (rather than say, the train station) then I don't have much of a problem. (Why yes, I am paranoid and neurotic, thank you :) ). I've developed quite a bit of an ability to detect "Internet people" in my midst so I'll probably spot you out pretty easily (that is, if certain bulges don't give you away).

I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with "out" behaviour though, even more so since it's literally a few miles from where I live. Whilst it isn't for me to dictate anything to the group, I'd like to keep things socially-acceptable for everyones' sake (I've been burned in the past by people acting inappropriately at meets, it wasn't a pleasant experience).

What's the attendance figures of these things, btw?

Cool I didn't know that but just checked it out and as far as I can tell it has been there since Feb of this year so it should be a fairly good place. That is on a saturday but I can't imagen it would be any busier on a Sunday so should all be fine.

Hay SomeThing good to see someone as crazy and paranoid as me :P if you do come we will have to have some sort of competition lol.

As for attendance figures, it is hard to say as it is the first one (or the first on in the UK I have heard of any ways) I am fairly sure there will be at least two people there but past that your guess is as good as mine but enough people have posted over the past few months saying they are

interested to make me hopeful.

And yes I quite agree, it is very hard to do anything to stop people turning up and making it all too obvious but it is not really in keeping with the idea of a munch and I suspect it would be greatly unwelcome for the rest of us not to mention the other people there.

And yes I know the Loft Longeis is not in the bullring, it is just a little bit of confusion from the other place that the munch was going to be (which as it happens isn't in the bullring ether)which unhelpfully had a similar name only adding to any possible confusion

And yes I know the Loft Longeis not in the bullring, it is just a little bit of confusion from the other place that the munch was going to be (which as it happens isn't in the bullring ever)which unhelpfully had a similar name only adding to any possible confusion

I dont know about anyone else but im even more confused now and i was confused in the begining.

Um. Well if people don't mind being photographed fair enough. Lets just be clear that people who don't want their photo taken should be respected.

Yeah, I'd be on the strict no photographs list. One reason for this is because I've become aware of advances in DSP and photo processing, we're already seeing "reverse image-search" sites like TinEye but I feel it's only a matter of time before say, Google, adds facial recognition technology to their image search service. Their desktop software, Picasa, already includes this functionality and it's surprisingly accurate.

I'm tempted to come in a V for Vendetta mask, but I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself, of course.