LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Poll: Interest In Midlands Munch

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Munch in the Midlands?

• YES
    • NO
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Where would you be willing to meet?

• Birmingham
    • Leicester
    • Other (please post suggestion)

Just wondering about any real interest. If you have any suggestions on places to meet please let us know. Please keep in mind its best if there is decent transport to the area since not everyone drives. I list Birmingham as its pretty central to the midlands and Leicester as there are a few of us that live here.

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly I would like it to happen in Leicester as it would be easiest for me to get to and I think most people will most like say there nearest city for there convenience. What may be a little more help full is if people say the place they would be willing to travel to. Then when one city gets enough people saying they would be willing and able to get to a munch there we hold one in that city and see how it goes. Personally I am fairly easy as I will most likely get the train to any city that is picked other than Leicester so it does make a whole lot of difference (i.e. my list is any sizeable city in the midlands)

Also on the Time and date I am guessing where ever it is people will be coming from cities other than the one it is in so to make it easier for people who are travelling, about 2pm and Saturday may not be a by option.

Nottingham is about as far North of civilisation I dare to go, and it's very expensive from Birmingham to Nottingham unless booked well in advance.

*shock* The world started in the north...

Nottingham to Brum isn't terribly expensive (as trains go) and at least it's only one line.

Does the midlands network really not cover the midlands?

Are we still debating weather or not to have a meet? or are we going to decide when and where, I sugest a weekend would be better for those who have work comitments and revolve it say Birmingham, Leicester, then Nott's sounds good to me, Im willing to travel and i'm in Coventry :biker_h4h:

Well as much as hate to say it (lol) it would seem the only place everyone is at least sort of ok with is Birmingham and seeing as abrera seem keen to go it would be nice to avoid Saturday if possible how would people feel about midday Sunday so it is still likely possible for people that live and work in other cities.

Also if it is going to be in Birmingham I would think some here near Birmingham new street station would an idea (?) does anyone know any pubs that may suitable around the area.

Well as much as hate to say it (lol) it would seem the only place everyone is at least sort of ok with is Birmingham and seeing as abrera seem keen to go it would be nice to avoid Saturday if possible how would people feel about midday Sunday so it is still likely possible for people that live and work in other cities.

Also if it is going to be in Birmingham I would think some here near Birmingham new street station would an idea (?) does anyone know any pubs that may suitable around the area.

I'm up for it, I live in birmingham too, erm sunday would be fine, as for pubs it depends, are we going dressed up?, erm if your going just for a chill out I recommend scruffy murphy's straight walk up from the bull ring, or weatherspoon which does meals etc.

oh if you do want to go dressed up I recommend the BBB at the nightingale pub held every 3rd sunday of the month. its a fetish market that lets you dress up or down.

You can't just chill at Murphy's, not with their sound system.

In terms of wanting to chat and noise, it's worse than the spoons.

Ok then so where is good?

I have only been to Birmingham city centre twice so this is not something I can really have much of an in-put in but having been to a munch before I would say the things you really need are large setting areas, not too loud music etc and idealy quite at the time the much is to be held. Anything else like food etc is great but as long as you can all sit together and talk it tends to make for a good munch.

I guess there is not much point deciding on somewhere to meet until we know if enough people are interested and can all make it there. So if the Munch was to be somewhere near Birmingham new street station starting at around 1 o’clock on a Sunday who would be going?

• 4 weeks later...

I guess there is not much point deciding on somewhere to meet until we know if enough people are interested and can all make it there. So if the Munch was to be somewhere near Birmingham new street station starting at around 1 o’clock on a Sunday who would be going?

Put me down as a definite depending on the date. :-)

Benjie

Well I was starting to lose hope with this but maybe it will happen after all :)

I do know there are a few other people that don’t come on here or at least not much that are interested in go so may have a fair few people turn up if and when it happens.

Benjie if there are certain dates you know you will not be able to make it we may be able to work around them.

Oh and Suddy if you was to get the train I am guessing you would get off at Birmingham new street (I could be wrong) and if that is the case it may be easier to meet some else that is going to that station. As for driving... I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think it is quite likely that it would happen if all the people that are thinking they would like to go said so (there seem to be a few of them before a day and time was half set, odd that) and if the people who know the area we are currently looking at meeting could post ideas of possible meeting place (nice quiet pubs or something similar).

Unless those two things happen then you are quite right it will not happen but seeing at it did seem like there was a few people that wanted to meet up I can't see any reason why it should be possible for it to happen.

On the second point abrera, and I may be wrong about this but seeing as you seemed to be able to give good reason why the place saya suggested would not be suitable I am guessing I am not, your input may be of some use if you can think of somewhere to have the meet if it does ever happen.

Abrera just to be clear is that some where you think would be a good place to meet? It would seem from what you say that is not but I can’t think of a reason you would post saying a place you don’t think we should meet... and if you don’t think that would be a good place to meet is there any where you can think that would be good to meet? As far as I am concerned as long as it has seat and the person 3m away can hear me then it is good enough.

I think it's called 'the loft' in the Bull Ring.

Big Open Public Space, mediocre food and lots of seating.

I haven't been to the city centre in ages, is that the one with the balcony over the old market?

Only just seen this. Think I am one of the people cid said may be intrested but not come on here that offten.

Could make a weekend of it again cid.

when is the next B.B.B?

Anyway will keep an eye on this post now and see if we get a date.

It's a pain trying to get everyone to say a date and place that everyone is good with. I tried once. Alton towers anyone? lol.