• Budwesier
    • Bud Light
    • Bud Select
    • Miller Genuine
    • Miller Light
    • PBR --- Yuck! lol
    • Guiness
    • Lime Beer
    • Ewww Beer is Gross, its for grown ups anyway!
  2. 2. Hard Liquor

• Rum
    • Vodka
    • Scotch
    • Whiskey
  3. 3. Extreme Hard Drink

• Blood (im a vampire Bllaaa!)
    • Apple Juice
    • Milk
    • Kool-Aid
    • No Thanks, Im a Vegatarian

Those silly flavored Martinis (lemon drop, apple, Chocolate, etc) are great but get you plastered rather quickly, because of all the sugar in them.....UGH...

You get drunk quickly because of the alcohol. You get hungover because of the sugar.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit drinking. One of the reasons why I haven't been around much. It got me into big trouble. But for beer... Blue Moon or Killians Irish Red. Hard liquor, anything with vodka, especially fresh squeezed vodka lemonade. Last few months have been nothing but sprite and apple juice. I had to quit caffeine too, yay intolerable migraines here I come! :bash:

Okay, the best beer on the go is actually...

Desperados.

I don't know if you can get it in the US/Canada (though it's also possible thats where it comes from, I don't spend much time reading the bottle.)

I usually drink Cider or Jack Daniels and Coke.

If things are tight I make turbo cider. Cider + Vodka. Does the job a little too well I find.

And softdrink wise, I'm a sprite kinda guy, but apple juice is the best you had.

• 1 month later...

Man, seriously, the beer selection sucks. If a bar had that beer selection, I'd turn around and walk out. I personally prefer brown ales, and stouts, so I picked Guiness. If you were going to pick mostly american beers, at least put Sam Adams up there! About the only mainline american beer I can take (and their brewmaster line and seasonal are pretty darn tasty!). Microbrews are also a must (Penn Brewery, The Weeping Radish, and Great Lakes FTW!!).

Hard Liquour: All I have to say is "Where has all the Rum gone?"

Bottle Drinks: Apple Juice all the way. Milk by itself makes me queasy.

As others have stated, the beer selection is lacking; the list is a selection of mass-produced American lagers and Guinness. Nothing wrong with Guinness, but it does effectively render "or Guinness" the only choice.

Also, gin is missing from the list of spirits. Gin has a distinctive, crisp flavor, and despite what others may say, it is the only spirit that should be used to make a martini.

Also, where is any sort of selection of wine?

Dear, now I'm sounding like a lush...

• 8 years later...
On 7/18/2009 at 10:02 PM, babykeiff said:

What I am going to reveal here, will be a shock to most - I'm Irish and I don't like alcohol.... yes, you read it correctly, I DON'T LIKE ALCOHOL. I've seen what it does, and how it affects people who consume it. It's consumption is soley responsible for drunken brawls, broken family, spousal an child abuse... and the list goes on and on. The monks invented it in error centuries before it was widely used... and the reason that they kept it a secret is cause of the damage it can cause.

For those people who enjoy a drink or two, all I can advise is - moderation and common sense. If the sole reason you drink is to get drunk - then STOP.

I been down that road with alcoholism. I been out of rehab since the end of April. I have been pretty good about staying sober since then expect for one slip up, but I got my head back on straight and stopped the next day. It is a disease that will ruin and even end lifes. People please be careful and don't head down that road.

I have a nice collection of various whiskey`s on the shelf. I really like them and I poor myself a glass if the circumstances are right and enjoy the smell the aroma`s every aspect of it.

10 hours ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

I been down that road with alcoholism. I been out of rehab since the end of April. I have been pretty good about staying sober since then expect for one slip up, but I got my head back on straight and stopped the next day. It is a disease that will ruin and even end lifes. People please be careful and don't head down that road.

So have I Lil Fox Scotty 91. I'm glad you got your head turned around so quickly. When I first tried to get sober I'd 'fall off the wagon' and go on 3 or 4 day benders. It was a lot of work but, I've been sober for almost 7 yrs. Find an AA meeting in your area, get a sponsor and say the truth. It doesn't really work any other way! BTW, my favorite drink now is Carnation Good Starts baby formula. I have between 4 and 5 bottles a day. Good luck, and remember 1 day at a time.

7 minutes ago, 'Lil Wendi said:

So have I Lil Fox Scotty 91. I'm glad you got your head turned around so quickly. When I first tried to get sober I'd 'fall off the wagon' and go on 3 or 4 day benders. It was a lot of work but, I've been sober for almost 7 yrs. Find an AA meeting in your area, get a sponsor and say the truth. It doesn't really work any other way! BTW, my favorite drink now is Carnation Good Starts baby formula. I have between 4 and 5 bottles a day. Good luck, and remember 1 day at a time.

Thanks so much for your support. I actually have a meeting every Monday evening and I am seeing a private therapist to find better ways to cope with life's problems. I hope all continues to go well in your recovery.

I mainly drink water and coffee.

If I'm eating at home I'll often drink milk.

If I have juice in the house I might drink that if the mood strikes me.

I rarely drink soda. It doesn't bother me or anything. I just prefer most other drinks.

And I'm allergic to Alcohol.

None of those beers is particularly attractive.

i drank Miller HIgh Life (The Champagne of bottled beers) in college until our local bar started selling Heilman's Old Style for 20 cents a bottle.

Now I drink reasonablly decent beers (local brews or at least the better of the massed produced stuff) oocassionally.

Mostly I drink either wine or rye or bourbon (Woodford or Knob Creek).

Coffee. Alcohol is strictly forbidden in my house. The reason for that is, I spent over seven years working on a crisis (suicide) hotline as a counselor and saw firsthand the damage that drinking causes to people and their families--plus do I need to mention all the people killed in drunk-driving accidents? Besides, that crap will pickle your insides and that's no fun.

19 minutes ago, BabyJune said:

Coffee. Alcohol is strictly forbidden in my house. The reason for that is, I spent over seven years working on a crisis (suicide) hotline as a counselor and saw firsthand the damage that drinking causes to people and their families--plus do I need to mention all the people killed in drunk-driving accidents? Besides, that crap will pickle your insides and that's no fun.

Isn't it a shame that the president won't let in muslims, who don't drink.

On 7/28/2009 at 9:08 PM, leafy kille said:

yeesh i drink lots but none of my drinks where there!   cider  of most varieties tho I prefer proper still cider and preferably nice and dry, Pims and lemonade, aftershock, hogarden (white beer) and by way of non alcoholic, tap water, and orange juice, I'm not sure how you managed to miss all of my drinks off this topic!

My grand father used to pay half his men's wages in Cider.

Gentlemen drink Perry.

I like sweet and fruity drinks, like margaritas and daiquiris.  Or a sweet wine.  For harder alcohol- any mixed drink. Like a Tequila Sunrise, Long Island Icedtea, Fuzzy Navel, Screwdriver, Black Russian, mimosas, etc, etc.  

Diet Coke, Sugar free power-aid & water. I don't touch a drop of alcohol anymore. I was a part time Uber/Lyft driver & hauled around drunks in the middle of the night. It's amazing how stupid some of the passengers are when blasted so not wanting to be like that I quit drinking and have no desire to have any more.