LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rawr

To be honest it's difficult to give hard and fast guidance: I've been in nappies 24/7 for several years and am often in a messy nappy for 10 or 12 hours :-) I don't use any cream or oil and I never get a rash - but I think that's probably because my skin has adapted over time (and it's still smooth!!) But if you're not used to it I can imagine you'd get a bad rash if you were in a dirty nappy for that long. As a suggestion I'd be careful about going over 2 hours if it's your first time.

Have fun!!

I'm in a similar kind of situation. Wearing is a treat.

Get yourself some unscented talcum powder. I've been slowly conditioning my skin to take it. I usually mess then leather up and go out for a ride on the bike in the messy load. It's an experience beyond words and lasts for around 2 hours before I get changed.

Diaper rash can depend strongly on your skin.

I've gone longer than 12 hours in a messy diaper with no rash at all.

If it's a problem, seek out some nice powders or creams.

If you are going to be in a wet and/or messy diaper for any extended period, then skin protection is needed. A baby can be in a wet and/or messy diaper for 8 to 12 hours overnight. For you, an adult, without the natural protection barrier a baby has, I strongly suggest two things -

1 - Have that area shaven clean - start shaving up to a month before the event so that the razor burn does not cause a rash and that your skin gets used to having no hair their. Hair traps moisture and will cause / increase a rash and skin breakdown.

2 - Use a good barrier cream. Baby powder smells nice, reduces friction, but does nothing to prevent urine / feces irritating the skin. I suggest something like petroleum jelly.

3- In the daytime, when a parent notices that its child is wet / messy, usually changes the child. This is cause the child will feel the uncomfortableness of a wet/soiled diaper and fuss. This is usually before the diaper causes a rash.

If you intend to stay a long time in a wet/soiled diaper, I suggest that you also get a good rash cream, and intend to either not work the following day, or work from home. I wouldn't like to have to explain why my gait is wide and I am walking funny to my boss - would you?

Natural barrier? Really? Then how come I seem to be nearly rash proof? Did I rebuild such a barrier being 24/7 for so many years?

Same.

I simply cannot get rashes.

Probably depends on what you`ve eaten recently too. Lots of spicy stuff and I shouldn`t imagine you would last as long as if you had been eating bland food the day before.

Realistically, if it`s starting to itch or burn then it`s time to take it off. If getting caught in a messy diaper is an embarrassing concept, think how being caught itching a diaper rash would be!

Natural barrier? Really? Then how come I seem to be nearly rash proof? Did I rebuild such a barrier being 24/7 for so many years?

Same.

I simply cannot get rashes.

A baby, after approx 4-6 weeks, starts secreting oils on its skin. This forms a natural barrier from rashes.

Early forms of disposable diapers used to absorb at such a high rate (high super-absorbent polymer) that it would cause these pores to bleed. Also, these skin oils can react with some washing powder residue.

As most incontinent people here will attest to, the skin will also build up a high tolerance to urine, if the urine is not concentrated. The lower the concentration of urine, the lower the possibility of urine creating a rash. The second form of rash from diapers is friction rash - usually occurs at leg elastics / inner thighs - and long term diaper wearers know how to avoid inner thigh friction rash, and the skin at the leg elastic has got tougher over the years - due to repeated healing. Faeces overnight tend not to cause a rash - due to the lack of movement, but during the day, long term in a soiled diaper, and you will remember it for the next week / so. But, fecal incontinent people build up a resistance due to the continuing rashes and healing cycle.

Goden and Diapered_Witch, and myself are fully incontinent, so diaper rash is a distant memory - unless we change our diet drastically etc. Spicy Mexican food will go through me like water, and I better change fast - cause the food is hotter comming out than it was going in. Thus, I avoid spicy mexian food.

Goden and Diapered_Witch, and myself are fully incontinent, so diaper rash is a distant memory - unless we change our diet drastically etc. Spicy Mexican food will go through me like water, and I better change fast - cause the food is hotter comming out than it was going in. Thus, I avoid spicy mexian food.

You don't have to be incontinent for that to happen. Spicy foods cause me to have explosive diarrhea.

A baby, after approx 4-6 weeks, starts secreting oils on its skin. This forms a natural barrier from rashes.

Early forms of disposable diapers used to absorb at such a high rate (high super-absorbent polymer) that it would cause these pores to bleed. Also, these skin oils can react with some washing powder residue.

As most incontinent people here will attest to, the skin will also build up a high tolerance to urine, if the urine is not concentrated. The lower the concentration of urine, the lower the possibility of urine creating a rash. The second form of rash from diapers is friction rash - usually occurs at leg elastics / inner thighs - and long term diaper wearers know how to avoid inner thigh friction rash, and the skin at the leg elastic has got tougher over the years - due to repeated healing. Faeces overnight tend not to cause a rash - due to the lack of movement, but during the day, long term in a soiled diaper, and you will remember it for the next week / so. But, fecal incontinent people build up a resistance due to the continuing rashes and healing cycle.

I'm not incontinent. :mellow:

Unless you mean something else by your post.

When I go poop, I don't wait long to change. The mess is really not something I enjoy staying in. When I wear a diaper to bed, it can be wet most of the night, and unless it's an extended wear one, and it clumps up, I can wear until morning.

When I go poop, I don't wait long to change. The mess is really not something I enjoy staying in. When I wear a diaper to bed, it can be wet most of the night, and unless it's an extended wear one, and it clumps up, I can wear until morning.

Overnight is always the best!

When I first started out wearing diapers, I would get rashes, but eventually, I think my skin thickened up and I haven't had any rashes since. I've sat in it for a long time, too. I also shave my pubes, front and back.

When I first started out wearing diapers, I would get rashes, but eventually, I think my skin thickened up and I haven't had any rashes since. I've sat in it for a long time, too. I also shave my pubes, front and back.

How the diaper rashe? How it fell?

For me if I use powder and or Vaseline I can stay in a messy diaper for several hours. I can normally tell my limit, because by butt starts to feel like It's getting a little hot. That is the warning for me to cleanup and change, as for a wet diaper I have worn one for 8 hrs with no problem. I guess I have a better tolerance for pee.

I once stayed in a wet messy diaper for about 36 hours. It was the best feeling that I ever had. I wore a cloth diaper covered with a molicare. I would change the molycare when it was soaked. The feeling was just increadable. I just can't explain the feeling in the diaper after several messings. After changing this diaper I messed again and went to bed. I did get a rash from it but is was great. Some people are aroused by spankings. Getting a diaper rash may arouse you. Give it a try next time.

If you are from this side of the pond, try one of the old reliables - Vaseline..... it works... as your grandparents - they never suffered rashes and that was due to the power of Vaseline and cloth diapees.

I have really sensitive skin and can usually go an hour or two in a poopy diaper before it gets too uncomfortable. And really, the thing that I love about poopy diapers is the warm squishy lump under my butt. Once it's been smooshed down and is completely cold I want out of it as soon as possible.

I've gotten friction rash a couple times. I've also gotten a pretty bad rash from squishing around in a huge enema-filled diaper after only a short time.

I think the secret is this: when you develop a rash, it'll be too late.bash.gif

Experiment as you've been doing. Use some form of barrier as suggested above and I'd be more cautious the looser the stool is.

Good luck and have fun!

i've never pushed the limit since i still live at home and don't want to stink up the joint. only get a couple hours at a time so i don't have time to vent the house.

You could try a secluded spot out doors, say a fishing spot or somewhere out in the woods that you know about.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try a secluded spot out doors, say a fishing spot or somewhere out in the woods that you know about.

There's still changing out of the offending Diaper and disposing of it. Once I get that side sorted, I can wear more.

• Rawr changed the title to .