• Maybe Not.
    • Nah.
    • NO!
    • Other.
    • Trust Me, Y'don't Wanna Know...
    • None of the above.
    • All the above.

Guest VladYvhv

People like action movies. Action heros're generally seen as being cool, no matter what kinda crazy stuff they do. So, do y'all think an action movie hero would work for or against us if the movie, itself, wasn't influenced by the fact that he's wearing a diaper? No poking fun at the fact that the char's wearing a diaper. And no showing of him using it or needing to be changed. Just a good action movie with a standard action hero with a little quirk. Of corse, he'd wear normal clothes over his diaper while slaughtering his way through the badguys to resue his girl (be it girlfriend or wife). Not to offend any gay guys out there, but making the char gay would seriously offend the core action movie fans (myself included). Sorry, but that would definitly taint the results of this experiment. The purpose of this experiment would be to see if anyone outside the AB/DL community would care about the fact the hero's wearing a diaper, with that particular detail having no bearing on the story or behavior of the chars. Would it be seen as a bad thing? Or possibly help people to see that wearing diapers doesn necessarily make a person any different than they normally are? And, before anyone flies off the handle, no this is NOT a serious endevor... Just the musings of a DL/action movie fan...

Maybe. Depends upon how the material was handled.

But the more I think about it, if you can say: "making the char gay would seriously offend the core action movie fans (myself included)" ... then, doesn't it stand to reason that any NON-abdl might have a response similar to yours if you had a straight DL action hero?

Personally, I'd like to see a gay action hero, but not where being gay was the main point. But who really knows what Batman and Robin do in their time off? Then there was Flash Gordon [sigh].

I think MAYBE a DL action hero might work, if the diapers were even less of a side point as the hard boiled detective character that drinks a whiskey.

But your question was, would it help or hurt. If the "hero" was also a straight AB, how would that be portrayed? It certainly would NOT help if he was also seen being babied by a "mommy" including diaperchanges, breastfeeding, or spoonfeeding his supper. It MIGHT (big might) fly if it was an escapist kind of thing done solo, but it would be hard to show without it having some kind of psychotic interpretation. Here's an example - he's listening to somebody on the phone communicate drivel... he yawns, sticks a paci in his mouth, and makes like he's tuning the person out.

Just random thoughts.

Guest VladYvhv

Y'all seem to have not been paying attention to my post, there... The idear is simply that the char wears diapers under his normal clothing. There's no exploration or mention of the diapers or why he's wearing them anywhere in the movie. There's no foucusing on them (no diapering scenes, no getting dressed scenes, no camera shots or enhanced sound effects designed to make it clear that he's wearing a diaper, not even the other chars in the movie noticing them). For the most part, it could be considered an easteregg, ruther than anything significant to the movie. The very nature of the movie would be such that you could remove the diaper-wearing and it would be the exact same movie. The sub-experiment would be to find out how many even notice that he's wearing a diaper at all (through the initial viewing), with no prior info on it being avalible (total secret until the DVD is released).

Of corse, if there's not too much negetive backlash, there's the possibility of a sequel (or prequel) that could focus on the diaper aspect. This, however, would have to be marketed to the AB/DL audience, though, as it would be way too big a step to take with the core action movie audience and expect a positive reaction.

Movies with gay charactors have an audience. I'm not part of that audience... This is a much bigger issue than can be used within the same context... It would change the nature of the movie and would be inherently aimed a different audience than my idear would be... It would guarantee a negetive reaction from many (if not most) of those who might not even notice that he was wearing a diaper... Thus, it would skew the results and invalidate the experiment(s)...

As for superheros... They're not action heros. Action heros don't wear costumes or have superpowers. They just tend to be slightly more durable than the average soldier and tend to be up against incompetent people with really bad aim. Completely different classification... I'm not a fan of superheros... Action movies bend reality just enough to make it fun for the goodguys to kick the badguys' butts... Superheros movies/shows/etc. go too far and make everything seem way too hokey... Sure, they've got their own audiences, too... But they lack the shreds of reality that pure action movies still have. An action movie hereo is still a mortal human, capable of being hurt or killed like the rest of us. Super heros tend to require obscure stuff to hurt or weaken them (special rocks, certain colors of objects, magic, etc...).

• 2 months later...

Sure, go for it! Vladyhv's point is well taken in that the viewers could see if they notice the hero is wearing diapers, and if the outcome and story would be the same if he weren't. But in a different scenario, why not have an action hero who is incontinent and has to be in diapers? And how would that affect the story? Any ideas?