LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Job

I am very sorry to hear that you've lost your job.

I don't know where you live but do you belong to a Trade Union? If do and you believe that you've been unfairly dismissed (and feel able to discuss the issues involved) they should be your first port of call. If you aren't in a Union, do you have a Citizens' Advice Bureau (or equivalent organisation) where you are? In my experience they are very informative and supportive with employment rights.

In England, other factors may affect a claim for unfair dismissal, such as the length of time you have worked for a company (minimum 2 years I believe) and your Contract of Employment (if you have one).

If you think the company has terminated your employment unfairly, I hope you feel able to pursue it. I wish you well.

Dolly

Agreed with Dolly. Immediate gut reaction is that your firing was discriminatory, and just downright unfair. If the only reason they gave you was because of others noticing an odor (due to medical reasons), they really need to get a clue - that's as inconsiderate as you can get, and most probably illegal. There are ways of masking fecal odors (someone here mentioned a product called "Nullo" before - this is supposed to work very well), too - this could be looked into. But your employer needs to understand that they've treated you unfairly - and quite possibly broken the law. Hope things get better for you - I'm sorry to hear that you were treated with such disrespect.

Actually, val onwheels said the reason she was let go was because business was slow. Unfortunately thats all it takes for some of the less reputable companies to shed unwanted employees. Its a shoddy business practice but commonplace in this day and age.

val onwheels might have a case if employees with less seniority remained with the company after her lay-off. Then she could pursue the issue with the labour relations board or what ever may be equivalent given we do not know from where she hails from.

Something else to consider is that she may not want the management to know about her condition. It may be a small company and walls have ears if you know what I mean. I certainly wouldn't want the people where I work to know that I use diapers.

The situation is indeed unfortunate, and the lack of information doesn't help with our understanding the reasons for dismissal or the job situation. A job slowdown may indeed be a factor, we don't know. It's understandable for her fear of management knowing of her incontenance, and if she were to be terminated due to that factor, she may even have issues, in the states, of discrimination. Her incontenance could be viewed as a handicap. But then that involves bringing it out into more and that could bring out psychological issues on her part. There are many factors we are unaware of, but we as brothers and sisters can lend our advice and let her know that there are many caring individuals here. Even to vent her frustrations in a forum such as this can be a good release valve to help keep her lid from boiling over. We hope that the situations resolves itself to her satisfaction, mainly, and for her former or future employer. ;)

Well, good luck on finding some new work. I know what the job search thing is like -- I'm doing that right now. Kinda got slowed down because I got selected for jury duty this week and next week. Nothing so far for the jury duty, but I had to keep my schedule open for it.

• 3 months later...

Hang in There Val, as DryNot said Kinda Check to see if people less senior to you were let go as well, that could be a great course of action. Although after trying to fight such a company, I would doubt you would want to remain. None the less you can make a "Little Stink" (Hadta throw that in :P) then maybe you could at least get alittle compensation. I guess it's a big missconception, but when I was in a wheelchair, I just figured most were incontinient to some degree such as myself, so I would think they would have at least speculated to the fact. Anyway hope all goes your way soon, best of Luck and God Bless.