LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Brand

Guest baby

I went to Attends main site. They do have news about a new type of diaper that they will be selling. It's breathable with a cloth like outside. But doesn't say anything about it being thicker. They will still sell both 4 and 6 tab Attends with plastic on the outside.

This is what's been getting me worried lately. I suspect in 2 or 3 years they with phase out the plastic diapers in favor of the cloth ones.

I just tried some Attends for the first time. In fact, I'm wearing one now. They are really nice and the only bad thing I noticed was that the plastic was thin. I hope they do change that soon.

This is what's been getting me worried lately. I suspect in 2 or 3 years they with phase out the plastic diapers in favor of the cloth ones.

This has worried me as well, but I don't think it would actually happen. Isn't a cloth outer layer less protective? I'm sure the brands' most absorbant/protective diapers will remain plastic.

It's not actually a real cloth diaper though. There's a plastic layer underneath the cloth layer to prevent leaking so it's really not a true cloth diaper, but it'd still piss me off if they changed over completely.

Voltz, I keep hearing that Depend has diapers with cloth-like outer covers, but I can't find any evidence of that, not even on their website. I'm not a Depends fan, but I have to say that I'm curious. Where did you hear about these?

-RMS

Voltz, I keep hearing that Depend has diapers with cloth-like outer covers, but I can't find any evidence of that, not even on their website. I'm not a Depends fan, but I have to say that I'm curious. Where did you hear about these?

-RMS

There refastenable underware is there cloth like diaper.

There refastenable underware is there cloth like diaper.
Yeah, I've tried those. They're even worse than the actual diapers. The post I read sounded like Depend was coming out with some diapers with a cloth outer cover. I'm not sure it would have been an improvement . . . just curious.

-RMS

• 2 weeks later...

Doses anyone know about this diaper or have any real photos?

see attachment.

I'm looking for one that is all white on the outside and plastic.

Their site has never been clear; even after all the million emails I've sent them they still refuse to put a photo up. One of the representatives told me that they planed on thickening the outer shell up.

Now I know they have a new line out, but I’m not interested in those because they are cloth on the outer shell.

I usually get the large (BRW1030)

But I would like the X-Lg because of the way I fold them.

Thanks!

post-4024-1152020920_thumb.jpg

post-4024-1152020920_thumb.jpg

Hi, Nik. I'm not at all sure what you're asking for. In a post asking for a picture of a particular kind of diaper you've . . . posted a picture of the diaper. Is it that you're looking for a picture of someone wearing this diaper or just a different picture, perhaps one with it all taped up?

Here, on a site called momsup.com, is a picture of the diaper taped onto a dummy.

http://www.momscatalog.com/shopping/produc...2&iProductID=57

I hope this is what you're looking for.

-RMS

Actually I posted the wrong picture now that I look at it.

But what I meant to say had it been the correct image was:

-

Because of all the different product numbers and differences among the Attends line, I wanted to know if all the diapers in the list in that picture were (All White and Plastic) on the outershell?

But this next image is the correct line and as it looks they do not make an X-Large size in this family line.

I know that the Large (Catalog # BRW103036) are white and plastic like the vintage day as I call them.

Not so easily found though.

post-4024-1152069078_thumb.jpg

post-4024-1152069078_thumb.jpg

The Attends 10 with 6 tapes and a waistband are my favorites. They're not the most absorbent, to be sure, but they fit great. I just love the way they feel on. Yes, they are a pure white plastic, and they do crinkle when you move. If that's what you're after, these are the ones.

-RMS

Well, I just got an email back from them again, and I was wrong. They said they are coming out with a thicker diaper but have no plans on changing any current diapers.

But how about this.

Today I want to a pharmacy 7-5-06 and was shocked to find one blue and white 18 pack of attends. These are the ones from when proctor just sold them to PaperPak. They still have the tree yellow lines which I never liked but they are thick and do not rip. These things rule!

The most noticeable aspect of them is that these diapers were cut even and with precision. Unlike the new Attends which don’t even line up. It looks like a 3 year old cut the edges.

I am really disgusted with PaperPak. I have sent them so many polite emails kindly asking them to consider some of these later flaws. I am done being nice.

The next time I email them I will bluntly tell them how much their diapers suck and that I'm disgusted with them. I wish I had people here to back me and send them emails but know one ever doses anything.

GRoebuck@useast.paperpak.com

Well, I just got an email back from them again, and I was wrong. They said they are coming out with a thicker diaper but have no plans on changing any current diapers.

But how about this.

Today I want to a pharmacy 7-5-06 and was shocked to find one blue and white 18 pack of attends. These are the ones from when proctor just sold them to PaperPak. They still have the tree yellow lines which I never liked but they are thick and do not rip. These things rule!

The most noticeable aspect of them is that these diapers were cut even and with precision. Unlike the new Attends which don’t even line up. It looks like a 3 year old cut the edges.

I am really disgusted with PaperPak. I have sent them so many polite emails kindly asking them to consider some of these later flaws. I am done being nice.

The next time I email them I will bluntly tell them how much their diapers suck and that I'm disgusted with them. I wish I had people here to back me and send them emails but know one ever doses anything.

GRoebuck@useast.paperpak.com

I just sent them the following letter...

Dear Attends:

I am an active person who uses a wheelchair to get around due to a spinal cord injury. I have used Attends fitted briefs for over 10 years. I currently use the newest equivalent, the Attends 10 waistband style large size diapers (with six tapes). For the majority of those years they were nearly top notch. They fit great, had good absorbency, and guarded against leaks quite nicely. Attends was way better in quality when compared to Depend and other department store brands, and it was just a few improvements away from being the perfect diaper on the market. When I heard that PaperPak products took over the name Attends, I patiently awaited a new an improved diaper that would protect me any time of the day or night. When a person with incontinence or/and a disability has an excellent product they can rely upon, it helps increase the comfort, independence, and ultimately the confidence of that individual. Quality incontinence products also make the job of caregivers of people who need a personal care attendant, home health aid, as well as caregivers who work in nursing homes and hospitals easier and cleaner for everyone involved.

Unfortunately, instead of seeing improvements to Attends 10 Briefs, the quality has declined to a disturbing degree. I noticed the following:

1. Reduced length.

2. Reduced wing area and wing length.

3. Decrease in elastics quality, particularly the waistband.

4. Reduced padding in wing area.

5. Thinner overall padding.

6. Thinner plastic covering.

Since this is an Attends 10 large size maximum absorbency product, I would expect it to have the greatest leak protection in the Attends line, but this is no longer the case.

One quality that Attends had in the past was that they fit very well in key areas and on many body types. Attends had a high waist fit, which has several benefits. For one, a high waist fit helps keep the diaper from slipping down when turning in bed. People that have paralysis have to slide over in bed since they can’t use their legs. The friction of sliding over in a bed causes a poor fitting diaper to shift, which creates a looser fit. This causes leaks. Additionally, for anyone who has involuntary leg movements or is an active sleeper, the high waist fit helps keep the diaper snug and in place. People who have a larger midsection benefit from a high fit waistband as well, because it allows the wearer to pull the waistband above the thickest part of their midsection. This keeps a tighter fit in the leg gathers. The current lower waist design causes the diaper to eventually move below the belly, which creates a looseness all around. Again, this leads to leaks overnight and embarrassing odor to escape in public during the day. Also an important benefit of the high waist in the front and back in the previous Attends 10 was hat it simply gave more area for liquid to be absorbed to during heavy overnight voids! Unfortunately though, the reduced length of the latest Attends has eliminated all these qualities.

The original Attends also had longer wings on both the front and back panel. This made putting the diaper on a much easier task because the wings were long enough to fit further around a persons belly. Longer wings make it so a person with limited dexterity in their hands, perhaps due to arthritis or disability, will have an easier time putting on their own diaper with a good fit. Additionally, longer wings create a greater overlap that helps prevent leaks on the sides. The shorter wings in the latest Attends make it much more difficult to get a snug fit, and less overlap has created more leaks, especially when laying on ones side. The combination of the shorter length/lower waist fit has also reduced the distance between the tapes along the back panel. Since the tapes are now closer, there is less adjustability in fit. As mentioned before, these factors often leave the wearer with a diaper that ends up falling well below their belly button, creating the gaps that cause leaks, and as mentioned before, odor escapes, which is embarrassing for the wearer.

Another good quality of the larger sized Attends of the past was its better quality waistband and leg gathers. The quality of the elastic is what allows the diaper to remain very snug in numerous body positions. This allows a person to be active, yet remain confident that the diaper won’t come loose. Reduction in recent Attends elasticity, particularly on the waistband, has made this diaper one that easily becomes loose and sags downward. Again, gaps.

Obviously preventing leaks is the purpose of any diaper. Restoring the things mentioned so far would help bring back the quality that Attends was known for. However, some additional improvements would make this diaper the best on the market. Today it seems as though many manufacturers try to minimize the thickness of the padding. While a thin diaper might be desirable for someone who needs lighter protection in a more discrete brief, a maximum absorbency diaper should be designed to prevent leaks over being discrete. Yes, increases in technology may allow thinner padding that absorbs what thick padding did in the past, but too thin a diaper causes a problem, particularly for overnight wearers. Today’s thinner Attends often creates gaps between the padding and genitals. This is even more apparent when lying in bed after turning over a few times throughout the night. Any time there is a gap between the padding and skin, urine will flow freely across the skin and not be absorbed until it hits padding. However, all too often it travels to an area like a leg gather or towards the wings, quickly causing leaks. Some people use diaper doublers, but these products do not stay in place as well as a diaper that has thickness in the proper areas to begin with, and they also become saturated quickly.

Ideally, the diapers thickest area should start from a few inches behind the anus, and come forward all the way to the top of the front panel of the diaper. This will allow continuous contact of the wearer’s genitals against the padding, regardless of gender. For women, the vulva would be up against the padding, allowing fluid to directly flow onto the padding and be absorbed before it has a chance to run across the skin and leak out the sides. For men, the same would be true, but the increased padding in the top panel will ensure wicking regardless of whether the wearer is flaccid or having an involuntary erection. Some diaper manufacturers recommend the wearer’s penis be pointed downward, but this is very uncomfortable when involuntary erections occur. The ideal heavy protection/overnight brief should have a thick surface layer of deeper padding for the purpose of molding to the wearers shape and keeping contact with the wearer’s genitals, while the second layer underneath will absorb and hold the liquids away from the skin. Attends current padding creates gaps very easily. Again, leaks.

In the event that a small gap does occur, the addition of leak barriers within the leg gathers would help prevent leaks as a backup to the increased padding. Prevail briefs have excellent leak barriers in regards to size, elasticity, and effectiveness. Another area leaks often occur is from the wing areas, especially when laying on ones side. Increasing the area of padding coverage in the wing areas both front and back will essentially create an absorbent barrier all the way around the wearers waist, further preventing leaks during heavy overnight voids. The padding should go all the way to the edges of the front wings, and any urine traveling to that area will be caught by the overlapping in padding within the back wings. An evenly distributed increase in the density of padding in the back panel will help prevent leaks when wearer is laying on their back. These improvements will greatly increase the effectiveness of Attends diapers, making them truly a “10

What an excellent and thorough letter, Ronnie! I hope for everyone's sake that PaperPak pays attention to your points and improves their product. :thumbsup:

Thanks. :) I already received a response saying that based on complaints they will have to remake the original length.

That really was a good letter, Ronnie. I too have contacted Attends to complain about their diapers, though I did it by phone. I told the person I spoke with that they were no longer reliable after even just one wetting and it's no wonder given how thin they are now. She replied that although they were thinner than they used to be, there is exactly the same amount of absorbent material as in the older version. She said that it's the shrink wrapping used to reduce the package size that has caused them to be thinner, but that the amount of material hasn't changed.

Undeterred, I told her that although that's not been my experience, and that the new versions of Attends are no longer as reliable as the older version, the bottom line is that they no longer compete with the best diapers out there, the Molicares and Abenas of the world. Finally that seemed to have made an impact with her, so she offered me some free samples. Why is it that when you say that a product isn't any good they want to give you more?

I love Attends, and I don't think anything fits quite like them. But I'm to the point now where I have to use a Depend Boost just to make it past the first wetting. It's a little ridiculous.

-RMS

Those "Depend Boosts" are awfully hard to find in stores. I never seem to happen on a place that has them. I was in a "Giant" store in PA tonite and all they had there were the refastenable underwear. Grrr. I also like the Attends brand for fit and overall pleasure, but agree they just don't absorb as they should.

Well after I sent Attends the letter they got back to me saying that they were going to return to the previous length and size, and offered me free samples as well as mentioning that the requests I made on improvements will be forwarded to the appropriate people. Today I got a box in the mail and in it was a full pack of 18 large sized waisband style 6 tape briefs. At first I thought maybe they were just trying to pacify me with free stuff, but I did notice that these diapers were definitely longer, great news! Hopefully they will implement other improvements as well!

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a couple samples of the new Attends 10 Breathable. It comes with a clothlike cover and 2 velcro tabs. The Mediums come in white, while the Large are blueish in color. They still have the two yellow wetness indicators on the outside. I havent had a chance to try them out yet. But they look comfortable. Let me know what everyone else thinks about these? I got y samples from my local home medical supply place.

I just got a couple samples of the new Attends 10 Breathable. It comes with a clothlike cover and 2 velcro tabs. The Mediums come in white, while the Large are blueish in color. They still have the two yellow wetness indicators on the outside. I havent had a chance to try them out yet. But they look comfortable. Let me know what everyone else thinks about these? I got y samples from my local home medical supply place.

Haven't tried them yet. I just hope they don't quit manufacturing the attends waistband style with the plastic backing, they're my favs, and these new breathables are making me nervous.

I tried a sample pack of the Attends S number 9... Which is with the cloth things coming around the sides...

2 velcro to fixate then 2 huge tapes...

I hated it, the tabs and all that irritated my skin and I spoke with somone at Attends, I believe her name was Lindsay..

She said this is what the new Slip Super, and Slip Super Plus 8,9 and 10 will become...

I said that it was time I went to a different brand..

I've tried them and like them. I think they are a little thicker then they used to be, they are definately more absorbant then the old style. The plastic is still noticeable under clothes :)

Only thing I dont really like is the mesh material on the inside will cling to your skin after you wear it for a while. It doesnt hurt or anything it just kinda annoyed me. I give the diaper a 8 out of 10