LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Brand

Guest baby

• 1 month later...

I know you're just trying to make a buck, but you're SERIOUSLY overstating your costs here, which I would say is probably tantamount to fraud. If you're paying 25 bucks a bag for Attends, you have no business being in business, anyway.

A.

Some people might think this is expensive.
  • 3 weeks later...

I am just new to the idea of trying diapers and have been learning a lot. It seems as though so many of you prefer Attends. Can any one tell me what stores usually carry them other than the internet.

Would appreciate your response,

Thanks, Pad

Guest Guest

Basically any medical supply store will sell them, and if you want, you can call a hospital and ask if they will let you buy directly from them.

Well the major (US) chains don't carry them as far I have found. Fortunately, my local independant pharmacy does. If you have a local independent pharmacy in your area, check it out. Also, you can ask them to carry it or to special order it. I asked my local pharmacy (under cover of a phone call) to re stock them, and they have been there every time i've gone for them the last few years.

The above comment is good aboput the medical supply store, tho I have had varied luck there. They seem to lock into one or two brands and don't like to stray. Others will, like the independernt pharmacy try to get what you want.

Off topic: I'm in Malaysia right now and have gone to the local supermarket - they carry:

Dr P (with the hearts)

Two types of Tenas (Value and Daytime Plus)

and 2 other brands (unknown to me)

Incredible. So far they have not been overcome with the Depends monopoly.

Guest Guest

their is a boy in my class who wears attends so their is an adult size changing table, wipes and all that in sight I get an errection just seeing all that. because I wear pull style I would love to switch though.

• 5 months later...

just switched on a whim to the new blue clissic 10. they are not only accomodating for fit and absorbancy but very "stimulating" also. feels great.

greenpins56

Attends have long been my favorite diaper. Sure, Abena X-Plus and Molicare Super can hold more, but for comfort, discretion, fit, and availability, nothing beats the Attends 10 with six tapes. Definitely a favorite.

-RMS

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have searched far and wide and don't understand something, Attends 10 are a over seas item? Cause the attends here in the USA really suck! Granted they are the closest adult diaper to a baby diaper looks wise. USA Attends are paper thin, crackly and leak after a single wetting. I found a site in the UK that shows an attends and they look 10 times thicker and boast a capasity of 2500 ml?

So are attends in the UK thicker than the thin wafer briefs here (the US)?

C-ya

Rocky

:boxing:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen or tried the new attends Slip S. They look great, but only seem to be available in Europe right now. Any why is it that the better attends products are only available in Europe - I mean - what's the deal?

Has anyone seen or tried the new attends Slip S. They look great, but only seem to be available in Europe right now. Any why is it that the better attends products are only available in Europe - I mean - what's the deal?

I've not tried the Attends in Europe, but from the posts here, most seem to agree that the disposable diapers here in the US are typically better. I've heard a number of our brothers and sisters across the pond say that they're jealous of the nappies we have here.

I have had the opportunity to try some diapers in Asia--Tena, for instance--and much prefer the versions we have here.

-RMS

• 3 weeks later...

The Attends 10, I buy here in KY, IN the USA, Are greeat, nice and thick. Try the classic style, They arent thin at all, and the can hold quite a BIT of pee, as long as you arent holding it for alll day, and then trying to let it go all at once. But then again, short of plastic pants and a cloth diaper, I dont know of any other diapers that will.

The Attends line of "briefs" is confusing because their terminology overlaps different models. Coincidentally I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to explain to my local phramacy which ones to stock (that I personally like). I should have gone to the Attends site first, as it helped clarify matters. (attends.com)

First of all - they use the NUMBER (as in Attends 8) to refer to the level of protection with "10" being the most absorbent.

At the level of "Attends 10 Briefs" there are three models or styles. Two of the three have what they call "Rapid Lock System™, technically superior design, translates into better resident outcomes, less nursing time, less waste, and lower overall facility costs." Some people say it has a stick-to-your-skin feel. It has a plastic-like surface with little "micro-pores". A friend of mine likes them best because they are "kinky" and he likes the blue color. Personally I don't care for them as much. They do have a thinner feel as well. And I wonder how they could call them "Rapid-Lock"? They actually FEEL like Rapid-Block...to me.

Both of those styles are two tape systems. But one of the two has an additional feature they call "Easy-Fit" Tapes. These have the two-part sticky surfaces.

Anyway, only one of the three styles comes without the Rapid-Lock feature. It happens that it also has the three tapes and a waistband. These are the ones I like best and probably you do to if you don't want that so-called Rapid-Block. They are called the Attends Briefs 10 Waistband Style.

In summary, the specific names of these three diapers are:

1. Attends Briefs 10 Classic Style

2. Attends Briefs 10 Easy-Fit Tapes

3. Attends Briefs 10 Waistband Style

Number 1 and number 2 are basically the same with the micropore plastic feel lining; only the type of tape is different. All I want is #3. Confusing, but there it is. Making matters worse, ...

1) I have seen several of the major medical supply ewebsites where this information is terribly garbled or missing which can easily lead to a mistaken purchase.

2) The few pharmacies - usually always the independent type pharmacies or the smallest chains (in the USA) - that carry Attends will most certainly NOT carry all three. If you speak to the pharmacist (non-expert), he/she will almost certainly not know what you are talking about if you try to differentiate. A patient one will lead to the result you want. An impatient one, as in my case leads to lies and stupid statements like "We never carried those before." #$%^&*( Sorry - I digress.)

3) Some outlets which may not sell briefs all that often will have older packaging on their shelves or even older models of the three types described above. I recently purchased Attends with 3 tapes at a pharmacy near Atlanta and they were the older type. NOTE: longer on the shelf can mean that the tapes do not have as much stickiness.

4) As already mentioned, Attends products in Europe are different - which the Attends website makes clear.

-Hugs, Joey

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone knows Attends got thinner last year but they were still a great diaper. And they even looked better after PaperPak removed the yellow wetness indicators.

However it seems in the last 5 months, they are thinner even yet. :angry2:

I can’t even use my own tape anymore. If you even touch the plastic with standard tape game over. I got so pissed the other day when I was in the middle of putting the diaper on my tape accidentally touched the plastic and it was literally impossible to get the tape off without ripping the entire diaper. :angry:

I’ve thrown 3 diapers out in the last two weeks because of this. This was the last straw, I usually don’t send nasty emails to companies but this time I let them have, and I am calling them tomorrow on my cell phone.

Here is the letter I sent them by the way

What’s it going to talk to make you guys understand that your new attends now suck!

I’ve been emailing the company on this for the last 3 months

The outer shell on the new attends are too thin but now they seem to shipping thinner yet. I’ve thrown three of them out today because they rip when you take the tape off.

The Attends were so much nicer when Proctor owned them.

THEY SUCK NOW! Because you guys what to save money.

Thanks for nothing

It's nice to let them know that their product has gone downhill, but I doubt it will do much good.

We (the diaper-wearing-mostly-for-fun folk) don't buy enough diapers to make a dent in their business. Products in the USA are designed to meet the needs of hospitals, nursing homes and other long term care facilities who are required to change diapers/briefs within a short time frame (usually something like every 2-3 hours). These companies won't pay for a quality brief that will be thrown away anyway. When they demand a cheaper brief, they'll get it.

That said, I'm sure a few rational, calm letters from diaper wearers (avoiding the word "suck") are not completely without merit. I hope you hear something from the company--that alone would be encouraging.