LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Brand

Guest baby

• 4 weeks later...

I miss the old Attends, but am currently wearing the breathable extended wear (which finally arrived as a free sample). They're nice, but oddly loud for a cloth-like diaper. For a diaper this noisy, it might as well be plastic (which I'd prefer). That aside, it is rather comfortable.

• 4 months later...

I have great news for people who loved the old Attends...I discovered this quite by accident. Read on...

On a whim, I decided to order a 22-pack of medium Attends diapers from AB Universe, expecting the same-ol' horrendous 'clothlike cover' and cheap construction, the stuff we had to endure with PaperPak. Not anymore! Apparently, PaperPak sold out in 2009 and now they're made by Attends Healthcare Products in Greenville, NC. Pulling two out of the pack (I love to double my diapers up), they now use the same plastic as the '90s Attends and still have 3 tabs per side (they're white with little blue stripes). The lining is the nonwoven Rayon as always, the padding appears to be like the days of old. So, I doubled them up and put one on...and it's just like the old days! Extremely soft and flexible, almost feels like you're wearing nothing! Not stiff, excessively bulky, none of that.

Conclusion: it's safe to say that we got our old 'Pampers' back...as good as they're ever gonna get compared to the ones we knew and loved from the '90s. I can once again recommend Attends without hesitation.

Haven't the six tape plastic backed always been available? Perhaps they're better now than they where in the recent past but I don't think they ever went out of production.

Yeah, I think Sojourner ordered the "classic briefs" from ABU instead of extended wear. ABU refers to the 3-taped waistband as the "classic brief".

The 3-taped waistband has been around forever and wasn't ever discontinued. You just have to special order it from XP Medical, ABU, etc, as it's rarely carried in stores. CVS does have it online though.

Unfortunately, the 3-taped is much worse now than ever, and continues its steady decline towards depends-alikeness. The new wavy-blue tapes are okay, but the diapers are smaller, tighter, and have less padding.

I haven't gained weight, but I may have to order large from now on. I think Attends, much like Depends, is now modeling diaper sizes after underpant sizes. Typically if you were a small large underpant brief wearer, you would still be a medium diaper wearer. I think Attends made their briefs smaller to force people to pay more for large on the margins. Medium is no longer comfortable for me, and like I said, I haven't gained any weight since I last wore attends.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a large stash of the current production Attends Waistband style in medium size :) I couldn't resist the Craigslist deal at $5 a bag :girl_happy: I'm no expert on Attends having never tried toe older ones, but I can say that these are equal to the current "Depends Protection with Tabs" (which is the new name for the old 'Depends Max') in performance and in plastic ;) These are more predictable when nearing their limited capacity as you feel wetness beginning to rise in the back when they party is almost over- with the Depends when you feel this you may already be leaking :o These also fit me better than the Depends (YMMV) The lower legs are cut a little wider, the rise of the sides a bit shorter, and the rear being a little lower too. The front padding is a bit thicker and there is a little more droop in the seat, but not excessively so. Laying down on my back, these both absorb much more slowly than sitting or standing so a wet bed is very likely :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to put in my period update on Attends Waistband style (plastic backed, 3 tapes, with waistband).

Nothing really has changed in these as far as I can tell, with the possible exception that the quality control on this product has gotten even worse.

And to let you know until recently, believe sometime mid last year, Small attends still were baby blue, and still had the Micropore lining. The worst thing ever. I can bet that Pampers didn't have anything like it or there would be some seriously cranky babys, from that ad it looks more of some kind of pressed cloth like material with the holes formed

Guess I'm I weird one but I actually preferred that when exercising. Kept the diaper from sagging and all that. Everything since those unless I am wearing a leotard or onesie you are constantly pulling the diaper up every dozen steps.

And to let you know until recently, believe sometime mid last year, Small attends still were baby blue, and still had the Micropore lining. The worst thing ever. I can bet that Pampers didn't have anything like it or there would be some seriously cranky babys, from that ad it looks more of some kind of pressed cloth like material with the holes formed

Ok going to throw a wrench in the batch lol. I have been using the attends with waist band and im very happy with them. Been through 5 cases so far no tape issues either. Sounds like you got a bad batch. There is some sap but not alot. When i need extended wear i use a booster liner.