LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Brand

Guest baby

We could try to recomend to Attends to have the extended wear offered in the six tape design with the plastic backing and waist band.

I've done just that, storzech. The response I got was "we have no plans to do anything like that". But I wouldn't let that deter you from lodging your own suggestions/complaints with the company. If they get enough of them, they may think about it. I think they got enough negative feedback on the original "breathable" briefs that they HAD to come out with the "extended wear" to fix them. (yes, I realize they are marketing both and I'm sure they'll find someone who will buy the inferior product just based on a price point)

But yes, please offer them advice on what would make a better product.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I am new here. I have a couple of questions about Attends. The store I use to buy them at close down in my area. My questions are: Does CVS carry waistband style Attends? And do these, what Paperpak is calling Attends briefs, are they plastic backed? Thanks.

Steven

I had sent them a product inquiry email a week ago and they have no gotten back to me on what they think.

It's adding insult to injury really. I tried the Extended Wear brief when they first came out, and the lack of a plastic outer layer is a real deal-breaker for me. But the absorbency reminded me of the older style Attends in the US.

Probably won't help much, but I'd encourage everyone to send in an inquiry as well. Hopefully at least enough people will send it in that they'll get the message.

P.S. It should go without saying, but don't mention the ABDL community. If PaperPak was interested in that market, they would have made a partner company (a la Bambino).

Update... got the same reply as others on this too. No plans for one with a poly backing, but that my suggestion "will be passed along". Or thrown in the trash can.

Hi Guys,

I am new here. I have a couple of questions about Attends. The store I use to buy them at close down in my area. My questions are: Does CVS carry waistband style Attends? And do these, what Paperpak is calling Attends briefs, are they plastic backed? Thanks.

Steven

They carry attends products, but you'll have to check your local store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw a package of the old style Attends briefs on EBAY the other day....I'll bet they sell for a mint! Pity Paper Pak had to go mess them up so badly!

I agree though....put the new extended care padding into their old style (and cut) Attends 6 tape diaper and they would have a good diaper that could complete a little with Abena and Molicare....still not as good as they would lack leak guards and SUPER absorbancy....but I'd buy them......

I wonder if Paper Pak had to change the design due to the patents held by Proctor and Gamble or if they thought they could make a great product better cheap. Paper pak is loaded with morons. I think a DL as the person incharge of diaper designing we would all be happier.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some Attends 10 however they are not listed on the Attends website. Is this an older model?

Like them, thicker than most adult diapers, plastic backed and really loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some attends 9m and must say im very disappointed. There not as thick as tena slip maxis and there medium is huge on me. Saying that i have lost 3 inches off my waist due to illness but all the same i was disappointed. Having wetted or messed them yet though so theres hope ;)!!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some Attends 10 however they are not listed on the Attends website. Is this an older model?

No, they're the thickest American Attends with a plastic backing. The extended wear diaper is thicker, but has a cloth outer backing.

• 1 month later...
Guest LOSTinDiapers

I would just like to say that I bought a pack of attends w/ waistband and I am very disappointed. I used to wear the older style of attends w/ waistband and loved them. I didn't know Paper Pak destroyed them. These are almost as bad as Depends. I guess I will stick to Bambinos and Abena.

I agree with you that these diapers are worse that what they used to be under Proctor and Gamble. If it may or may not help why not send a formal complaint to Paper Pak for the blatent incompetence in destroying a once great diaper.

• 1 month later...

I just got some attends 9m and must say im very disappointed. There not as thick as tena slip maxis and there medium is huge on me. Saying that i have lost 3 inches off my waist due to illness but all the same i was disappointed. Having wetted or messed them yet though so theres hope ;)!!

I always were attends 10 and have no problem

• 1 month later...

"JBonn says:At about $2/diaper I can't justify spending that much to get what is the equivalent of a diaper that I could get for less with more "features". If they took the waistband and plastic cover from the "waistband Attends" I'd gladly spend the money on it. As it is, I can get a better diaper for less."

what would be considered a better and cheaper brief then the attends extended wear that you can actually buy through a brick and mortar store?

I've been using the abena xplus since they came out with it, unfortunatly the local distro to my drugstore has uped the cost to 110$ a case witch is, unfortunatly, out of my price range. I only get so much money in my sfa to spend per year. Trying to get something that my drugstore can order for me that is almost as good.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently brought some Attends with Waistbands - awful! NO leakguard - very clearly thinner than before, and not as good a fit - too tight, but still leak when wet. Bitterly disappointed - think I reviewed old No.10s w/waistbands ages ago and loved them - real shame.

As stated - Depends Maxi are now better, and that's a real real shame to have to admit.

DP

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished trying out the Attends Extended Wear Briefs. They are the worst product I have used in a long time. They leak like no other brief I've used, they just can't seem to keep up with a flood. The issues I had with the brief are:

• Velcro tapes don't stick
  • No leg gatherers/leak guards
  • No elastic waist
  • Non-woven lining causes wicking of any pooled urine to the outside of the brief

The Extended Wear Briefs in my opinion would only be good for someone who is not ambulatory, and only dribbles urine slowly. I'm not sure for whom paperpak intended this product, but it's definitely not anyone who is active, or leaks large amounts or urine. Thus the DL/AB crowd probably won't like these.

I sent an email to paperpak letting them know what I think, and told them that I will be returning to using European products. All of us who have had a bad experience with their new designs should send them an email. Maybe that way they'll change their designs.

Those are no doubt the Classics which are no longer made. They replaced those with the Breathable brief with the cloth outer and velcro tab. They are not very good for someone who is active like mentioned further in this forum.

Like stated, the tabs break and do not take a flow very well and distribute it through the diaper. I personally use them as a stuffer inside another plastic backed one. Although I got two cases of them cheap on EBay, oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Uh... The Attends Classic 10 (with waistband) are not discontinued. The Extended Wear is just a newer (additional) option.

http://xpmedical.com/attends.html

Both are listed and in-stock. Just ordered a case of classics myself.

Edit: I just noticed the extended wear is now cheaper than the classics! Maybe PaperPak will take the hint and make an extended wear with plastic outer layer...

... Oh, wait, it's PaperPak, sorry... didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

I got a new case of Attends Waistband the other day and opened them up to find that Attends has (yet again) downgraded the quality on them even more.

Just when you thought a product could not get any worse, Paperpak has come through in spades.

Let me preface this by saying, I've been wearing attends for better than 10 years.

I wore them under the old brand.

I wore them after Paperpak took over.

I wore them when Paperpak made them narrower.

I wore them when Paperpak made them thinner.

I wore them when Paperpak narrowed the tapes.

I wore them when Paperpak made the tapes less sticky.

Now, they've once more made the product even thinner, gotten the tapes even worse to stick, made the plastic covering softer/quieter and to top it all off, the clumping problems that Attends have always had are terrible. Being a DL who also wets the bed, I not only want a diaper that looks/feels good, but can actually perform and keep me and bed dry. I wanted to test the diaper out before I actually slept in it, so I put one on and poured a glass of water in them, then laid down for a few minutes. The padding completely clumped to the bottom of the diaper. I mean totally and completely. When I took the diaper off and examined it I saw the liner and the plastic cover with nothing in between. All the padding had come unattached and slid down to the crotch from the front of the diaper. Add to this the fact that some of the gel crystals had worked themselves back out from the liner and attached themselves to my skin.

Paperpak seems to have made a checklist of all these things and progressively killed each variable until they ended with a typical store-brand diaper that performs terribly.

As the previous poster said, it seems like they've taken their old product, put a cloth cover on it, called it "new" and progressively destroyed their other products to make the "new" product seem good by comparison.

Never again.

Here's the letter I just fired off to their "contact" email addy:

Hello,

I wanted to write to tell you how disappointed I am with the current

incarnation of your Attends with Waistband product. I've been purchasing and

wearing this product for over 10 years now and have seen many changes in style

and performance of the product from the days when it was manufactured by Proctor

& Gamble.

Over the years I've seen the amount of fluff and gel reduced, the overall

thickness of the diaper reduced, the width of the absorbent mat reduced, the

size and stickiness of the tapes reduced, and the amount of clumping and padding

shift in the diaper actually increased dramatically.

However, I've still thought that the waistband feature of the product, price

point, and the overall fit were the best selling points of the diaper and have

stuck with it for those reasons. The latest case of Attends with Waistband that

I received, however, appeared to have been re-engineered (ie downgraded) yet

again. The plastic covering is thinner, the amount of absorbent material is

reduced, and now the fit and proportions seem to be different. In testing the

diaper, it doesn't seem to hold liquid locked away from the skin, and gel

crystals work their way back out through the liner to adhere to the skin. The

padding/fluff in the diaper all shifted away from the front of the diaper down

to the crotch. I'm not talking about a slight shift - there was NO fluff left

up front.

I understand that your Extended Wear diaper now has the capacity nearing the