LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Reason To Celebrate

I have to voice opposition to this.

What you do in the privacy of your home is your choice.

I have a problem with subjecting the public to the alternative lifestyle. They may find it repulsive. I wouldn't want my children watching two men kissing.

I don't go out in public with just a diaper on. I would never expect the general public to accept it. I don’t wear exposed diapers around my children and grandchildren.

If I was gay, I would not do anything to purvey public hostility.

Just heard iowa legalized gay and lesbian marriages today. they join mass and conn. as the only other states to make legal something which should never have been 'illegal' in the first place!

Lets hope ths is the start of many more states to follow suit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090403/ap_on_...Qssd4Vo3aVvzwcF

I respect your opinion Redneck, but how about those of us who are gay.

Try replacing everything in your response where you refer to "gay" or "alternate lifestyle" to mean "straight." Why should we have to live our entire lives hiding our love and passion for someone just to prevent making someone uncomfortable.

How uncomfortable do you think it makes us feel having to stand there watching two "straight" people freely able to express their love for each other with nobody complaining about it.

There are two sides to every issue, I urge people to take an objective view. Just think ... maybe we should try to push for laws banning "straight" marriage too.

OK first off, i posted this to celebrate with all those who find this a great step forward,

Please dont turn this thread into a political debate or flame war... start a new thread for that..

also... red, you are entitled to your own opinoin.. but why do you post under rainbow diapers if you are obviously against homosexuality?

i just dont quite understand what you hope to gain from posting in this forum, unless your intentions are simply to piss a lot of people off..

Iowa? :huh: Who in the fuck would have ever thought that Iowa was more progressive than this shithole I live in? And as for Redneck's opinion,as much as I don't agree with his,I'll gladly still respect his opinion and his right to say it. Tolerance is a two-way street. The"Hidden Gay Agenda" conveniently forgets this all the time and it pisses me off to no end. Think of Redneck's opinion as an equalizer.

I'm celebrating with Sarah :wub:This is what people who truly believe in freedom and equality like to see happen. Only those who wish to opress others can have any objection because it's not forcing them to do anything themselves- they just want to run other people's lives without allowing others to do the same thing to them. This is a very good thing and I am looking forward to the day when it becomes the law of the land and equality becomes more than a misused word ;)

Bettypooh

i just dont quite understand what you hope to gain from posting in this forum, unless your intentions are simply to piss a lot of people off..

Now Sarah, don't you go around telling the obvious truth like this :lol: If you ask the fo, er redneck he'll tell you that he would never look at a GLBT forum thread because anything homosexual is against his religion- and he'll also tell you that he doesn't want to intentionally piss someone off because if he actually did that, he'd need to be banned for being a flamer :D Your clear perception of the situation must therefore be erroneous because he says he's right and you're wrong- so there! :P

I can't wait till equality becomes more than a concept- it should be the law of the land and the sooner the better :wub:

Bettypooh

OK first off, i posted this to celebrate with all those who find this a great step forward,

Please dont turn this thread into a political debate or flame war... start a new thread for that..

Sarah,

I apologize. My intent was not to hi-jack your thread, the ignorance that comes with the stated ideals really gets under my skin sometimes and I had a trigger finger =)

I am rejoicing as well because it's another battle won and a great step forward. I never would have expected it in Iowa, of all places. I grew up in Nebraska, so I know how stuck in their ways the general ideas are in that region.

I saw this without looking at the thread title. I clicked on "new post"!

I did not mean to offend anyone.

To explain things better, I have passions too. For instance, there are Confederate flags and anti-Obama stickers on my vehicles. I have no problems going to a redneck bar! Let someone with a rainbow on the back window go to a redneck bar and they will have problems! (This does not mean it is right.) If I was to drive in to a hip-hop bar, I would be in serious trouble so I don't go to hip-hop bars.

I am straight but there is a proper time and place for everything. I don't consider it proper to do certain things with my wife in public. We don't do sexual things in public.

Marriage is stereotypically tied to procreation. This becomes difficult for gay folks. I believe this is why gay marriage is a taboo subject.

Again this is America. You can do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home!

I respect your opinion Redneck, but how about those of us who are gay.

Try replacing everything in your response where you refer to "gay" or "alternate lifestyle" to mean "straight." Why should we have to live our entire lives hiding our love and passion for someone just to prevent making someone uncomfortable.

How uncomfortable do you think it makes us feel having to stand there watching two "straight" people freely able to express their love for each other with nobody complaining about it.

There are two sides to every issue, I urge people to take an objective view. Just think ... maybe we should try to push for laws banning "straight" marriage too.

I have a problem with subjecting the public to the alternative lifestyle. They may find it repulsive. I wouldn't want my children watching two men kissing.

I don't go out in public with just a diaper on. I would never expect the general public to accept it. I don’t wear exposed diapers around my children and grandchildren.

If I was gay, I would not do anything to purvey public hostility.

Trus story, when I was in college in a small town in Missouri, I was downtown with a friend of mine. He pointed at something and was really upset about it. VERY ANGRY. I asked what he was on about. He said "look over there". I looked, didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I said "At what?" He said "over there". All I saw was two people kissing. I said "I still don't see what you're talking about." He finally said "Those TWO, SHE'S white and HE'S black. I don't want to see THAT in public." And then went on about how much the interracial couple disgusted him. So redneck, does that offend you too? Should they have 'kept that at home' because someone might find it repulsive? My one friend sure did. So interracial kissing be banned in Missouri because he may see it and be offended?

Poetic justic ending: He found out his fiancee had once dated a black guy. He ALMOST broke up with her over it, but married her anyway.

I will admitt this. Watching two lesbians in actions does something for me. Perhaps I have perverted thoughts like getting between them!

Trus story, when I was in college in a small town in Missouri, I was downtown with a friend of mine. He pointed at something and was really upset about it. VERY ANGRY. I asked what he was on about. He said "look over there". I looked, didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I said "At what?" He said "over there". All I saw was two people kissing. I said "I still don't see what you're talking about." He finally said "Those TWO, SHE'S white and HE'S black. I don't want to see THAT in public." And then went on about how much the interracial couple disgusted him. So redneck, does that offend you too? Should they have 'kept that at home' because someone might find it repulsive? My one friend sure did. So interracial kissing be banned in Missouri because he may see it and be offended?

Poetic justic ending: He found out his fiancee had once dated a black guy. He ALMOST broke up with her over it, but married her anyway.

Again this is America. You can do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home!

I don't think this really applies to gay marriage. Marriage is a private thing which effects people in their own home and tax statements and such and such, it doesn't suddenly make gays start having sex in public. Sure it is traditionally/stereotypically meant for men and women reproducing but stereotype is a pretty bad reason to resist the pressure for equal rights from gays and the legalisations in the past/present show that, as will the inevitable future ones.

Anyway, "As goes Iowa, So goes the nation" is rather fitting quote being touted in the press about this though I can't find who first said it.

If Homosexuality has been legal before women's rights movements and feminism waves 1 and 2 took way then women would have had to fight even harder to be equal.

Probably because of a typo but this doesn't make sense

Anyway, "As goes Iowa, So goes the nation" is rather fitting quote being touted in the press about this though I can't find who first said it.

Iowa isn't the arch-conservative hell-hole outsiders might think it is. It's more liberal than some places I've lived, such as St. Louis and parts of Illinois I've lived in. I remember reading a local news story (this was over ten years ago) about a drag-queen wanting to bring his boyfriend to the prom. What did the principal say? "Ok, sure, fine"

i think the quote as iowa goes so goes the nation was based on iowas history of firsts..

first state to legalize interaccial marriage

first state to allow women to own property

first state to admit women to the bar to practice law

and among the first states to lead the way towards desegregating public schools.

iowa has always been a progressive state, amidst the thought that it is a conservative midwestern state.

i say again GO IOWA

Things are a bit different in the UK from the USA I see.

For instance, if anyone paid attention, or well even had their brain turned on, the UK legislation was very specific in that it clearly calls it a Civil Partnership rather than a Same Sex marriage.

Weirdly enough, I do agree with this wording, I kinda agree, MARRIAGE should be between a man and a woman, BUT I feel it took far too long for same sex couples to be granted the same rights as a married couple could get, it's actually fucking stupid that it took so long. It's the conservative prude inside me that feels that way about that specific word, but that's the way I am.

Things are a bit different in the UK from the USA I see.

For instance, if anyone paid attention, or well even had their brain turned on, the UK legislation was very specific in that it clearly calls it a Civil Partnership rather than a Same Sex marriage.

Weirdly enough, I do agree with this wording, I kinda agree, MARRIAGE should be between a man and a woman, BUT I feel it took far too long for same sex couples to be granted the same rights as a married couple could get, it's actually fucking stupid that it took so long. It's the conservative prude inside me that feels that way about that specific word, but that's the way I am.

in the united states a civil partnership does not provide ALL of the rights and privilages that a marriage has, hence the problem.. saying same sex couples get register as civil partners still doesn't allow them to marry which means it is still discrimination.

course the whole idea of marriage between a man and a woman is based on religious ideals so deep rooted many people cannot get over even their subconscious bias of the idea, even if those people claim the are not religious etc...

and in the usa, we have always had at least the ideal of separate of church and state.. although that hardly ever happens... but i feel iowa has made a great step in this ruling as has connecticutt and massachussettes and hope the lawsuit/appeal in california is ended soon and prop 8 is overturned.

HUZZAH for Iowa!!

May every other state follow!!

MONTPELIER, Vt. - Vermont on Tuesday became the fourth state to legalize gay marriage — and the first to do so with a legislature's vote.

The House recorded a dramatic 100-49 vote — the minimum needed — to override Gov. Jim Douglas' veto. Its vote followed a much easier override vote in the Senate, which rebuffed the Republican governor with a vote of 23-5.

Vermont was the first state to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples and joins Connecticut, Massachusetts and Iowa in giving gays the right to marry. Their approval of gay marriage came from the courts.

Vermont says hi

whoa was that today vermont did this??? i must google.... HELLO VERMONT!

**update --- yep vermont rocks too! and maine, nh, ny and nj all have bills before their legislature

I don't go out in public with just a diaper on. I would never expect the general public to accept it. I don

• 4 weeks later...