LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposables Vs. Cloth Diapers

what would be better?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. what diaper?

• Disposables
    • Cloth

35 minutes ago, poobrat said:

hi lexis mommy,i am a cloth diaper user also,due to a now medical need.they are more work,but I think more comfortable and dependable and we save money too.

Well, I already do a lot of laundry with the spills and stuff that Lexi gets on her cloths so adding washing the cloth diapers wouldn't be much added work. I am also retired so I have time. Saving money is always a must. I am just really new and I suppose I got disposables out of convenience more than anything. I will probably transition over to cloth at some point.

• Like 1

A suggestion for using cloth diapers, but not liking the removal of poopies. If you do have to deal with poopies made in a cloth diaper, you can get disposable liners. These go inside the diaper, and you let it slide out, to be flushed, or trashed. They have been around a long time for cloth diapered babies. They

lexie mommy,if I can do anything to help just ask.i have loved cloth diapers most of my life.i do a wash load every other day,but wet diapers beats wet beds for sure.would you like to be friends?

9 minutes ago, poobrat said:

lexie mommy,if I can do anything to help just ask.i have loved cloth diapers most of my life.i do a wash load every other day,but wet diapers beats wet beds for sure.would you like to be friends?

Thank you so much phl655 gave me several links and websites to check out and I m going to look at them once I put my baby girl to bed at 8 tonight.

Baby Lexis Mommy,

There is a time and place for both. I had a mommy tell me that if I was at her house I would be in cloth diapers. if we went out, for a walk or in the car she would put me in "Pampers". It was just easier for her to use "Pampers" when we would go out. Always plastic pants though!

8 minutes ago, bbME said:

Baby Lexis Mommy,

There is a time and place for both. I had a mommy tell me that if I was at her house I would be in cloth diapers. if we went out, for a walk or in the car she would put me in "Pampers". It was just easier for her to use "Pampers" when we would go out. Always plastic pants though!

• 4 weeks later...

Just woke up   spent the nite in cloth diaper with liner   plastic pants my onesie    comfortable    quite wet in the morning  but no leaks    bed dry

Just did a wash  of two nites./days of wearing cloth ....my house is clean no diapers in garbage  

Cost  and time of washing is absolute minimal

the only problem is that I pricked my finger with the pins....I`ll be more careful tonite

On 10/22/2017 at 12:09 PM, BabyLexisMommy said:

Well after discussing cloth diapers with a few members this past week I have decided to take the plunge and purchase some gauze squares and liners

You still have to get panties and supplies. For panties I recommend the Gary 7 mil plastic at L L Medico and Johnson's Baby Powder and Rite Aid Baby lottion and the large pins from Protex.

I do not know your usage habits but for a test kit maybe 6 diapers and 2 panties

This is a page on cleaning baby diapers. Since DD was attacked hand my blog ispretty much dead for now. use This. Their two top picks are Tide and Dreft. http://www.fluffloveuniversity.com/how-to-wash-cloth-diapers/ What I do is derived from this I do a deep wash cycle to rinse, soak overnight in  Xtra with Oxy, then Express. At the end of the month I do all my diapers in either Whites or Heavy Duty Wash

Fro drying my panties

Rubber panty care

Rubber panty hangers for drying

• 1 month later...

Cloth diapers are the best in my opinion AND EVEN POOPY ONES CAN BE CLEANED USING A SPRAYER HOOKED TO THE WATER LINE THAT THE TOILET USES SO THE SOIL CAN BE WASHED DOWN THE DRAIN. I HAVE RE DIAPERED A DIRTY ONE on AND HAD AS MUCH FUN WITH THEM AS A FRESHLY SOILED ONE, BUT THAT JUST ME. Sorry I had forgotten the caps lock was on. I wasen't yelling.

I found Gary Wear to be the best diaper cover that is engineered for those of us that wear disposables and cloth diapers.  The back of the diaper cover is way bigger for the bum and diaper so it fits more completely and prevents leaks. I am quite slight and use an extra large diaper cover over my diapers just to be sure. A larger one than you wear cuurently will give you the best results. Happy wetting and pooping. Be sure to wear a condom or a tampon when soiling in a diaper for prolongged times, that will prevent UTI or bladder infections, which you do not want.

I diaper rash ointment over the princess parts if you are a girl is very important unless you like the discomfort of a rash, the same applies to boys on their equipment.

I wear ComfiDri 24/7 diapers and they last all day, before a change is needed as long as they are just wet.  Wet and dirty diapers gets changed as needed.

Cloth is easier to deal with as long as you have a washer and good dryer or cloths line.  The sun is the best disinfectant for poopy stains and diapers always smell fresh and inviting after being outdoors in the sun.  A 40 quart diaper pail is also need for the dirty and wet ones, as long as you want to use them at ahome its a great way to save money. Outside of the home disposable diapers are the best for me to use. ComfiDri 24/7 is the name of the diaper that lasts the longest and hold the most liquid without leaks, they have leg cuffs as well, to prevent wetting or soiling your clothes or furniture but Molicare  diapers are a close second choice though and are more stretchy than the plastic covered ComfiDri diapers.