LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Supplier In Canada

Guest YkDave

I don't think that model would work. B4NS serves all of Canada efficiently and within reason price wise and still manages to have excellent customer service. I don't think a country the size of Canada can support 7-12 distributors for a product with such a small customer base. One in Eastern Ontario/Quebec and one in Alberta would likely serve the country well. Even then, it might be overkill. Yes, it's the shipping that kills it, but what you would save by splitting the subdividing and shipping large quantities from one location in Canada to each 'local' distributor, you would spend in shipping locally. Then you would be back in the same place. Also at the same time you would have 7-12+ people all with their hands in the pot, looking to make a profit. Which means it might cost more (most likely) down east than it would out west.

If I had the money and space to do it, I would. As per a previous discussion with Bambino's, based on where their manufacturing is located and where I am located, it is not logistically sensible to distribute product from here.

Ultimately, what would be ideal, is for a company like Shoppers (unlikely) or another country-wide home health supplier to realise the potential and pick up the bambino product line. These companies already have a distribution network set up with local store front for customer purchase.

That's ok.......I was just putting it out there.

If Bambinos would tell my what their requirements are I could go about meeting them.

Also........have they contact B4NS?

I don't know, I was suggesting the B4NS as a business that is successful from 1 central location, I don't know if they have any interest in becoming bambino suppliers, or likewise if bambino wants them to distribute their product. You could inquire at info@b4ns.com. Philippe is usually quite helpful.

As far as Bambino's requirements, from my experience it is basically this:

- Logistically sensible location (Most likely Ontario-west). Close proximity to the manufacturer keeps costs for shipping down. Centralized location in Canada keeps shipping charges to final destination lower.

- An existing business, online - or a plan for a business.

- Money. Really, you need to have money to purchase a large quantity of diapers in various sizes. (A shipping container, basically - that's a lot of diapers)

- Warehousing: You need to have a warehouse or location that you can store a shipping container amount of diapers.

As I said, this is based on a conversation I had previously when I inquired - it may not be exactly what their looking for, but rather my interpretation (I don't speak for them). I inquired as I didn't know where their manufacturing facilities were located. I sent them an email to see if it was feasible to have a distributor on the east coast. As they are not located on this side of the continent, my location wouldn't work, logistically, unless Atlantic Canada had a large need for Bambinos.

That being said, if you have the resources and a sound business plan - send them an email. Be specific with your plans and perhaps they will take you seriously.

Good luck!

Guest YkDave

I think the biggest thing would be the $$$

A 40' seacan full of diapers is not cheap, i cant even imagine the cost of that...

Just rough estimate would be about 1200 cases per 40' seacan, @ almost $90 case (i dont know what price they give when buying bulk like this) your looking at nearly $120,000 + all the BS $$, its not going to be cheap!

"What exactly I told them was that I already have a business license, whorehouse space, do shipping for other products already and have a good amount of equity.........(snip)"

Maybe they aren't big fans of Whorehouses??? Who knows?? :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YkDave

Any updates?

Just got another case of molis today so im good for a while now, but it would be nice to get some bambinos again for my next order!