LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaking While Seated?

so i've noticed the few times a diaper has leaked on me i've been seated. last night it happened really bad, and it was only the second wetting in that particular diaper (depends fitted maximum protection). day before yesterday i was able to pee in one 5-6 times and it still didnt leak. it sure was soaked though.

am i taping these things on right? each time i've had a diaper leak, it always happens right around where my thighs meet my butt. any help would be greatly appreciated.

It would be interesting to know your volume of urine.

Let's say the volume might be 200ml.

In reality, a Depends diaper would be at its limit at 200ml.

The permium diapers talk about 1600ml but that is considering the whole diaper. The capacity is less when sitting up.

You may want to try a better diaper. Depends are a joke

so i've noticed the few times a diaper has leaked on me i've been seated. last night it happened really bad, and it was only the second wetting in that particular diaper (depends fitted maximum protection). day before yesterday i was able to pee in one 5-6 times and it still didnt leak. it sure was soaked though.

am i taping these things on right? each time i've had a diaper leak, it always happens right around where my thighs meet my butt. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes depends are a joke as a diaper, you would be better off with a pair of underwear and plastic pants, but I have noticed if when you pee if you stand and walk around a little bit after you let go, it gives the diaper more time to absorb the new liquid.

Give it at least a min untill you sit again after you wet

Yes depends are a joke as a diaper, you would be better off with a pair of underwear and plastic pants, but I have noticed if when you pee if you stand and walk around a little bit after you let go, it gives the diaper more time to absorb the new liquid.

Give it at least a min untill you sit again after you wet

Try changing your diaper more:)

Your computer is OK but your diapers need an upgrade :P My comp chair is metal so I don't sit here too long and so I don't have to worry about leaks :blush: If things get too leaky I just put a towel under me and finish what I'm doing then change ;)

Betypooh

maybe get a laptop so you can be online and laying down in bed at the same time.then you would not have to sit in a chair.that is what I do.a diaper upgrade would be nice as well anything is better then depends.I do like there new pull ups tho:)

All diapers are prone to wicking.

Every morning I wake up in a wet disposable. So I can continue wearing the diaper I put on plastic pants and then proceed to have breakfast. After breakfast I sit at my computer for at least an hour and continuing to wet. The plastic pants are the answer unless you are wearing really cheap diapers or simply flood the diaper. You could also use a chair pad but then that will get wet from the wicking, anyway but it will save the chair.

Phil

better diapers would definitely be part of the solution, but will have to wait. im too chicken to go to a medical supply store, and i wont order online because i dont know who'd be here when ups would come.

plastic pants would help too, but i dont think i'll be getting those any time soon either. do the major pharmacy chains carry those?

i guess for now i'll just have to pee standing up. kinda defeats the purpose of wearing a diaper for me though, as i like to lounge around without getting up. ah well, i guess nothing is perfect.

plastic pants would help too, but i dont think i'll be getting those any time soon either. do the major pharmacy chains carry those?

You can usually find the Salk 'Sanipants' locally. They're PUL, a coated fabric, but they're more suited for using with pads than diapers. I don't like the fit (especially since they're low-waisted with a narrowish crotch) but they work OK for me anyway. I don't know which chains carry them but if you look around you will find them ;) These are all I've ever seen at any retail stores, even the 'Medical Suppliers' :(

If you need discrete shipping there are a lot of online vendors who do that but not all do. In fact one I buy from clearly states that a customs tag will be attached that says "Medical Garments" and it's not exactly inconspicuous in the package :o Some have 'suspicious' return addresses, but again many do not. One just uses their initials and nobody who didn't know about them already would have a clue about the contents. Others ship with a company name that isn't exactly obvious. A lot of Ebayers ship with their screen vendor name and a lot use their real name and address. Read the listing and check out their feedback to see how they do. DailyDiapers is full of this info elsewhere, just browse the forums for specifics :D There are still things left to fate though. One Ebayer sent my diapers bagged in a trash bag which was wrapped in paper. The paper was well torn at the corner as was the trash bag leaving the original packaging well exposed :angry: Luckily that corner showed only white plastic but had the tear been any bigger or on another corner ... :blush:

Bettypooh

discrete shipping wouldnt really solve the problem. if my roommate or friends are around when its delivered, they'll ask what i got. im a horrible liar, so i'd rather not be put in such a situation.

Someone else (I can't remember who) recently offered a wise solution to that problem on DD :D Go buy a new sweater (or whatever), hide it so your roomies don't know about it, then show that to them when the package arrives and they ask. If the item chosen is light and bulky then they'll never know the difference B) In my business one of the oldest acronyms is "CYOA"; for "cover your own arse" :P You'll find it a quite valuable technique to be good at as you go through life B)

Bettypooh

I have that problem, too. I get awful cases of the leakies. I find that if I don't give it enough time to absorb before I sit or if I have wet a lot, then when I do sit, it leaks. It's not a problem exclusive to cheaper diapers. It happens to me in Abena X Pluses. I always paranoid when I'm out somewhere, diapered, cause I'm afraid I'll leak. Well, it's usually obvious I have a diaper on cause apparently I have a longer than average torso and my shirts usually don't cover the top of my diaper, which is sticking out of my pants.

Ok, I'm rambly, sorry. My point: I have that issue, too. Don't flood them. That's my advice. Hope I helped.

I have that problem, too. I get awful cases of the leakies. I find that if I don't give it enough time to absorb before I sit or if I have wet a lot, then when I do sit, it leaks. It's not a problem exclusive to cheaper diapers. It happens to me in Abena X Pluses. I always paranoid when I'm out somewhere, diapered, cause I'm afraid I'll leak. Well, it's usually obvious I have a diaper on cause apparently I have a longer than average torso and my shirts usually don't cover the top of my diaper, which is sticking out of my pants.

Ok, I'm rambly, sorry. My point: I have that issue, too. Don't flood them. That's my advice. Hope I helped.

glad to see im not the only one having problems with this. however, i am disappointed that it happens to you with premium diapers.

aside from fixing my leaking problem, i want to find a diaper that i can absolutely flood. really dont know why though. guess that'll have to be just a fantasy though, unless there is some sort of super diaper out there i havent heard of.

I don't know of any diaper that you can flood. Every diaper needs time to absorb the pee.

By the way, it doesn't happen all the time with my Abenas, just every once in a while. Usually just when it's pretty well soaked and droopy.

glad to see im not the only one having problems with this. however, i am disappointed that it happens to you with premium diapers.

aside from fixing my leaking problem, i want to find a diaper that i can absolutely flood. really dont know why though. guess that'll have to be just a fantasy though, unless there is some sort of super diaper out there i havent heard of.

In my limited experience the only diapers that are flood-safe are cloth with a waterproof cover when they're thick enough and dry enough. When I flood, I pass the same amount in half the time that most people do, according to urologists :blush: Only cloth has handled that for me, and that's one reason I prefer cloth diapers :) Bambino's almost handled one of my biggest floods but they're too pricy (even now that they're cheaper) for my budget :( The 'old tech' wood pulp diapers absorbed faster initially but lacked the needed capacity so floods=leaks. The 'new tech' gels and SAP have the capacity but absorb more slowly so floods still=leaks. It just doesn't seem that anyone can engineer a disposable that absorbs fast enough while keeping a good capacity-maybe someday somebody will :D

Bettypooh

i guess i could always flood for the first wetting in a diaper, and if it doesnt leak, then i could just go every so often. im sure a depends with some kind of stuffer could handle a decent sized flood, right? at least until i can get some premium diapers to try.

Guest Pizaz

i guess i could always flood for the first wetting in a diaper, and if it doesnt leak, then i could just go every so often. im sure a depends with some kind of stuffer could handle a decent sized flood, right? at least until i can get some premium diapers to try.

Typically with diapers, and especially Depends, I find that the first wetting should be exactly the opposite -- a slow, steady affair. If you go just a little bit, the diaper will "wake up" and realize what it's supposed to do, as opposed to flooding it, when it doesn't know what to do.

But if you do want to go that rout, I would definitely get a booster ... that should be able to handle the flood.

in my experience most people dont fix their nappies properly, and if you want better absorbancy and leak guards get 2 size 6 baby nappies, open then out and fold them in half lengthways with the absorbant side faceing outwards, then tuck the wings into the inside (between the two outer layers that are now on the inside of the folded nappy), then tuck the end with the tapes on into the back of the standing leg guards one on each side with the absorbant side faceing into the middle of the adult nappy. then sit on the 2 nappies that have been arranged at the back of the adult nappy, hold the back of the nappies in position by sitting on them firmly then pull the two baby nappies togeather so they are touching at the front and pull them up over your nappy area as you would a nappy and hold them in position on your abdomen and pull the adult nappy over them then tape up secureing them in position.

this adds quite a decent absorbancey to even the most rubbish of nappies and it is a robust design too, once taped in place it wil stay there for up to 24 hours! and im a builder and i wear them to work and they have never leaked on me and i get myself in some REALY strange positions in my job!

admitedly i do use abenna but still even when i used rubish store nappies with the folded baby nappies in they where pretty good!

sorry if i ramble but i hope this lot helps

ps. if you are willing to meet me at abc this month i could show you how to put a nappy on properly!

Since a lot of people here tend to undergo leaks in some situations, the solution is simple. Put the diaper on correctly. This is NOT as easy as it seems, as full instructions are never given on the packages/ literature.

If you are going to be mainly lying down - ie in bed etc, place the diaper on with more of it up your back than your front. The way you will be sure that this is correct is that the tapes are higher up the front of the diaper.

If you are going to be mainly walking etc, put more of the diaper up the front rather than the back - ie the tapes will be lower on the diaper.

Sitting, you need to make sure that your diaper is the same level both front and back.

On all of these, without folding the diaper correctly before putting it on, the diaper will leak. With an adult diaper, open it up fully - that includes un sticking the leg gathers etc that get stuck down from the compaction in a diaper bag. Also, a diaper is more absorbent if it has had a chance, maybe a day or two, to expand back to its original ie outside its diaper bag. The packaging tends to compact all the absorbent material, which makes it almost useless. Once that is done, crease the diaper lengthways. This has the multiplel effect in creating a pocket in the centre of the diaper to allow it to absorb at its own pace, allowing the diaper edges to fit tighter into the crook of your legs, reducing the constriction of diaper to your skin.

If after all this you are still getting leaks from sitting/moving when the diaper has not reached it capacity, over the diaper wear either a loose fitting cloth diaper and plactic pants or a pair of cotton breifs/boxer shorts and plastic pants. This can easily absorb the weepage from a disposable as most will weep when full even through the plastic backing.

The failures of a disposable are all due to the high pressure packaging involved. The gel beads tend to put tiny pinholes in the protective barrier - the fluff is compressed so tight it cant absorb anything, and the folds are the source of leaks since that line is almost imprinted into the diaper.

However, once an adult diaper is soiled, the fats in adult stools tend to prevent urine from passing into the absorbent fluff, and any heavy wettings that occur most always involves in leakage.

Adult diapers are not designed like baby diapers - form fitting. This is nothing to do with the diaper design, but more to do with the human design. A baby has baby fat on its diaper area which tents to form a seal between the diaper gathers and the babies skin. An adult does not have this luxury. Also, diapers for adults are not made in the same proportion as baby

diapers are for babies. Adult diapers are designed to be discrete, one wet/soiled - changed, and for semi-mobile patients. Baby diapers are designed for active moving babies, and still they tend to leak, but a babies wet diaper leaking does not usually cause the child any concern - and a parent will change the child's clothes if needed.

The idea of using a stuffers (baby diapers/ pads etc) inside a diaper only increases the absorbency if the adult diaper is one or more size larger than normally worn.

You might want to try a boost pad. they are smallish inserts (like a maxi pad\sanitary napkin) that go in the diaper and boost the capacity of the diaper. Depend, among other companies, make them and they are called, get this, Depend Boost Pads. You might have to look around a little for them, not every store carries them, but they are usually right next to the diapers themselves. They are pretty cheap, 5 or 6 bucks for 20, and add an amazing amount of absorbency\capacity to the diaper. Using them took care of my leaking problems (I wear depend same as you).

thank you all for the replies. i have a lot to try next time i wear!

i havent tried the depends boosts yet, i've only seen them for sale at one store. i know too many people there to buy them. however, i have tried adding another, smaller sized depends into my regular one. that worked great, but added a lot of bulk between my thighs. thats ok if im just sitting around, but walking in it was so difficult it became kind of annoying. i wonder if the depends boost pads have a similar effect?

i agree that putting a diaper on correctly isnt easy. i've tried several different ways, and had different results each time.