LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaking While Seated?

just remember the bottom tape is there to secure the leg gathers and the top tape is there to secure the waist band. if you tape up with this in mind it will make the nappy more effective

Plastic pants would help too, but i dont think i'll be getting those any time soon either. do the major pharmacy chains carry those?

At the risk of being distastefully practical, perhaps plastic bloomers would work better? Plastic pants have a hem which runs under the hip. This is a hard region to seal. Bloomers protect better by moving this hem down towards the knee. This will keep a fresh wetting from running out behind the hip, and holding it in until it is absorbed. However if it isn't absorbed eventually, it will still run out. For example, if you are wearing bloomers over leaky disposables, the urine will stay in the bloomer, unabsorbed, until you stand up. Then it will try to run down the leg.

The drawback to bloomers is that they aren't babylike by any measure. They are practical for use when sitting or laying down, but being babylike is more important for some of us.

Adult diapers are not designed like baby diapers - form fitting. This is nothing to do with the diaper design, but more to do with the human design. A baby has baby fat on its diaper area which tents to form a seal between the diaper gathers and the babies skin. An adult does not have this luxury.

That was a great post, Babykeiff. As you pointed out, baby fat tends to make things round, and the good curvature makes for a good seal.. The flattened sections of the bottom against the seat might be an exception. Here the plastic pants would have a hem, but the bloomers wouldn't. Physics is unfair in other ways. For example, babies are less prone to leak because they have a lot of surface area for their volume. Because of physics, we need to put up with lots of tapes and consider bloomers to get almost the same leakage protection as a baby. Yet another reason for us to be envious.

I have no problems with leaks while sitting on furniture, but I always seem to leak when in my car. I always wear plastic pants with my diapers but when in the car I leak.

Any thoughts?

I have no problems with leaks while sitting on furniture, but I always seem to leak when in my car. I always wear plastic pants with my diapers but when in the car I leak.

Any thoughts?

Are you comparing apples with apples or apples with oranges? Your car seat isn't a hard seat and sinking into it can change where pressure is applied compared to a hard seat ;) Not only that, but sinking into upholstery deeply can even move where diapers and plastic panties 'ride' on your body, pulling away the seal you had, squeezing saturated areas, and compressing areas needed for absorption. Bloomers aren't the only answer here :) Plastic or rubber panties can be just as effective but you have to keep the legs down on the thighs -_- If you pull them up to the body's creases you open a chance for leakage :( Fit matters a lot, they need to be tight enough to seal even if it's uncomfortable(just don't cut off capillary circulation by having them too tight). Many people use their diaper cover for added support in the crotch area but diaper covers aren't designed for that purpose :o If you're diaper doesn't stay up correctly then fix the diaper's problem with tape, pins, or a better technique-don't use a cover incorrectly and expect it to perform a job it wasn't designed for. Sometimes pulling the cover up for support helps and sometimes it doesn't, your mileage will most definately vary here so experiment until you solve the problem in the way that works best for you :D

Bettypooh

At the risk of being distastefully practical, perhaps plastic bloomers would work better? Plastic pants have a hem which runs under the hip. This is a hard region to seal. Bloomers protect better by moving this hem down towards the knee. This will keep a fresh wetting from running out behind the hip, and holding it in until it is absorbed. However if it isn't absorbed eventually, it will still run out. For example, if you are wearing bloomers over leaky disposables, the urine will stay in the bloomer, unabsorbed, until you stand up. Then it will try to run down the leg.

The drawback to bloomers is that they aren't babylike by any measure. They are practical for use when sitting or laying down, but being babylike is more important for some of us.

hmm... up until this i hadn't even heard of plastic bloomers, i'll have to look into them. i may go with plastic undies though, so i can explore my AB side a bit. or just get both and try it all.

If your looking into plastic pants, look for snap pants, I seem to have better luck with those sitting, than the pull up variety.

And for diaper changes, if you wear alot of clothing like I do in winter they are great, you don't need to remove everything to do a diaper change, just open them pull them off change the diaper and slid the pants back on.

What I often do is if I don't have too much wetness in the pant, I dry the pant off and reuse it, that is almost impossible with pull on pants, you can never seem to get those dry enough to reuse them.

I never had a pair of bloomers I would like to try a few pair some day, it sounds like they would work good for bed.