LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Still Buy Underwear

I haven’t bought regular underwear in over two decades as a matter of fact not since I moved out of my parents’ home. I only saved a couple for unforeseen circumstances but they are over 22 years old, they are still fine. I don't need no underwear since I wear diapers 24/7.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds a little erm, unsettling but I haven't bought new underwear in about three years. I used to even after I became incontinent but now don't bother - I can't walk and to be honest, rarely have sex so it doesn't get "stretched" much, just sits there as an extra layer and is in a perfectly usable condition.

I have discarded some old ones which began to develop holes etc and haven't replaced them. I don't think I will do if/when I run out either. I don't advertise the fact I wear nappies but am not too concerned about people noticing.

• 2 years later...

Nope. No underwear on top of the diaper. I mean, the diaper IS the underwear so why wear two pairs? As for some of the comments about using underwear to hide the diaper or minimize the noise, I don't find that necessary. I change at the gym and at my weekly basketball games with the diaper in full sight as I am getting in or out of my clothes but I don't think anybody really cares. BetterDrys are quite noisy but I am not bothered. Again, these are all personal choices, right? Everyone deals with their stuff in their own way. The fact that we still even discuss these issues means that there is still a long way to go towards incontinence becoming a normal part of life for a huge (and growing) segment of the population. Oh, and with the money I save from not buying undies, I take trips to the Greek islands instead ;)  

For the last 20 months, my underwear has been only high quality diapers due to total bladder and bowel incontinence caused by a ruptured L5-S1 disc. I expect I will never wear regular underwear again as the nerves in my spine are perminantly damaged. I am just happy I can still walk.

3 hours ago, stevewet said:

I wear net fixing pants and inco pants over my nappies to keep them in place and guard against leaks. I have no proper underwear at all now.

I am not 24/7 at all and never want to be, but I do find at times good cotton briefs can help in holding a diaper tighter, especially cloth backed ones where they stretch and loosen after a while, especially when wet and droopy (I said droopy, not poopy! ?)  The idea is the same as net fixing pants but since I only wear diapers once or twice a week for a few hours, I have all my regular underpants that I usually wear so sometimes I will put a pair on over my diaper.

It has nothing to do with, "I wear diapers 24/7 now so why bother with any underpants over them", or, "I wear diapers 24/7, they are my underwear and I don't need to try and hide them from people by wearing regular underpants over them".  If you are 24/7 in diapers, are comfortable with your situation, don't have any worries about anyone noticing and nave no leaking, sagging or need for anything over your diaper to help hold them in place better, then I see no need to buy regular underpants, plastic pants or even fixing pants to wear over your diaper.  There are always adult onesie's if you find you could use a little help now and then with diaper sag.  I myself have found that when home in just a low end diaper for a few hours some kind of snug underpants over it helps, especially with my belly and not being able to wear diapers as high up around my waist as thinner people. 

On the rare times when I am out of town for the whole day running errands or shopping, a premium plastic backed diaper like Betterdry or Confidry 24/7 doesn't need anything over it to help hold it in place better.  First, it's much thicker than a cheap store brand.  It's plastic backed and has much less tendency to stretch and loosen up because the tapes hold tighter on plastic than cloth backed diapers.  It also can last many many hours due to the sap and thick padding so it won't really start to sag after a couple hours like a cheap diaper will.  Lastly, I naturally won't be walking around the mall in just my shirt and a diaper!  I wear jeans over my diaper and those alone keep a premium diaper in place and prevent any sagging.  Before I started wearing premium diapers out of town Christmas shopping and instead wore lower end store brands, my diaper would sag under my jeans and I would have to change after 3 or 4 hours and even wear plastic pants over them to control leaks.  Being thinner disposables, there was still some "looseness" or room in the seat of my jeans to allow some sag and droop.  Premium diapers, being thicker, filled out the seat of my jeans to the point that there is no possibility of any sag or droop, therefore no need to wear anything over them to help hold them up or keep them tighter in place.  Only reason in that situation to wear regular underpants over a premium diaper would be if I was afraid someone would see my diaper out the back of my jeans if I had to bend down and my shirt rode up. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't buy underwear. I've been severely incon for years and chucked them out after about 18 months. I'm considering buying some cute underwear but I think if I can find diapered versions of it (for example, ruffle diaper covers instead of panties) I'll use those instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't bought any for about 2 years.  There are a couple of pairs floating around that I rotate in and out of my gym bag for 45m sessions.  Once or twice recently I've noticed that I've dripped a little in those after changing out of my nappy.  If this continues, I'll switch to pull-ups for gym and probably toss the old gym undies.

15 hours ago, Stroller said:

I've got none these days.  My mother-in-law bought me a couple of pairs for Xmas, but my wife showed them to me briefly and I haven't seen them since.

That is interesting!  So many things come to mind.  As you are listed as an Adult Baby, does your mother in law know that you wear diapers (possibly noticing them showing, thick diaper bulge or from discussions between her and your wife), or is she clueless?  Could she have bought them as a gag gift knowing you're AB and wear diapers, or maybe she was hoping to cure you from always being in diapers and hoping you might get a desire to wear underpants again?

19 hours ago, Stroller said:

I've got none these days.  My mother-in-law bought me a couple of pairs for Xmas, but my wife showed them to me briefly and I haven't seen them since.

She had for years not only perpetually labored under the delusion that you were four years old, but also a girl.

20 hours ago, rusty pins said:

As you are listed as an Adult Baby, does your mother in law know that you wear diapers (possibly noticing them showing, thick diaper bulge or from discussions between her and your wife), or is she clueless?

No - she's no idea I'm in nappies.   Buying underpants for Xmas is just the sort of thing she does.  And of course my wife knew there was no point in keeping them.

My wife actually maintains a drawer of boxers for me I guess to keep the illusion that I wear underwear if the kids were to snoop through our drawers???  The thing is though, hidden underneath those boxers are my white and pink protective panties so the would not have to snoop too much lol.

I keep underwear around for the gym. Haven't found a diaper or pull-up yet that can stand up to a 5 or 8 mile run. However now they are in my closet in a bin next to my gym clothes; my dresser drawer where I used to keep them now has a stack of my daytime diapers, and a couple of stacks of night diapers in it. As to the question posed at the start of this thread, presumably that situation has resolved itself, because the kid would be 18 now, but, back when I wore diapers as a kid, I used to wear underwear over them if I was at a sleepover, for example, so getting a kid oversized knickers to wear as a diaper cover would make sense. 

• 1 month later...

I don't buy any new underwear but I still have two pairs of underwear that didn't throw away that I rarely put on to of my diapers (diapers are better then underwear anyway especially if they are retape-able like tykables.

• 2 weeks later...

Not bought any underwear in years, but I do use boxers in the summer, when onesies just get too warm and clingy 
A loose t-shirt is so much better 

I haven’t bought any new underwear but still use what I have to help keep my diapers from sagging but thinking about buying plastic pants and getting rid of underwear.