LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Abuniverse Overnight Diaper

Guest AllenABDL_BabyFur_Dragon

Guest AllenABDL_BabyFur_Dragon

I just got in my new ABUniverse Diapers i have not used one yet but i am soon. they dont look as thick as bambinos. but the prints on the front are perfect for little boys. they have that plastic feel to them like baby diapers. i will be posting some pictures soon for everyone!

Lucky you! You're a couple shipping-days closer to the source... mine aren't due to arrive until Friday. (Oh well, I'm used to the 7-day-via-Ground ship wait, here on the east coast... Bams come from CA, and so does xpmed (Abena's).

You can be the first to write a review ;)

These will be the first diapers I've bought since early summer-- been in a serious lull...

From the pics, I can't say I'm too thrilled with the print on front (too dark, should've left off the dark-blue background and had everything else on clear tape, so the diaper (and its wetness, heh) would show through... oh well). My main interest was that these new ABU's were THICKER-- the original ABU's were great in every way except for absorbancy. In that aspect, they weren't really much better than a plain old DependsOvernight.

Uh-oh... I'm writing a review and I don't even have em yet :lol:

Let us know, Dragon!

wv

Got mine Tuesday. I actually like the print. It's more of an "in-your-face" baby-print. Gave my mom a good laugh too.... when will she learn not to open boxes? :)

The plastic is nice, a little crinkly so you know you're diapered. Absorbency seems good (haven't really tested em much.) All in all a good addition to the dl market. Plus, starting Jan 1st they will be sponsoring DailyDiapers which is always a plus :)

Got mine Tuesday. I actually like the print. It's more of an "in-your-face" baby-print. Gave my mom a good laugh too.... when will she learn not to open boxes? :)

The plastic is nice, a little crinkly so you know you're diapered. Absorbency seems good (haven't really tested em much.) All in all a good addition to the dl market. Plus, starting Jan 1st they will be sponsoring DailyDiapers which is always a plus :)

Is the plastic the same as the originals? That was my favorite detail of the ABUs-- MUCH more like 70s-80's era baby diapers. (Now they've just gotta start working on the scent...... mmmmmmmmmm :wub: )

LOLZ to your mom, DD... and w00ts to you for having that diaper-kewl domestic situation-- and the upcoming ABU sponsorship! (Time for an ABU "sticky" topic...?) High five, dude.

wv

Yeah ..funny I looked at them again..it would be better if the three prints weren't lined up..more random pattern would look better to me..but anyway..thanks for the comments and reports.

It would look a million times better if it was just one big design, that design looks cheap has heck, its like they googled the picture and copied and pasted it a couple times and called it good...

Just got mine yesterday... first impressions:

1) They're still not as thick as a Bam or an X-Plus. Slightly thicker than a Depend Overnight.

2) Same plastic as the original ABUs... thin, not much gloss, but a nice little crinkle-- even when wet.

3) The taping-panel design may not appeal to ABs-- it's more of a "big-kid-in-diapers" look (which is more my speed :) ).

4) Absorbancy? 5/10-- they were leaking after one flood and a few tinkles (about one hour). BUT, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt: I'm a 34 waist so I ordered Mediums (just like Bams and Abena, as well as my previous ABUs). But these were SNUG-- the tapes barely reached the taping panel-- so the diapers were stressed tight, and tended to "wring out" whenever I sat down. Maybe the Large would be better for me.

EDIT (night 2): Trying them with two slashed Luvs 6's as stuffers.... this is one thick diaper now :lol:

EDIT (next morning): Stuffer recommended... <sigh>

wv

Eh, no waistband - I much prefer ones that have a waistband personally.

I dont mind the No waist band. Thats fine for me...its the design that gets me. The first version of diapers ABU had were much better as far as design goes. I agree with a previous post...it seems to Cut n Paste to me.

I think I'm going to have to pass. It sounds like their definition of "extra thick" is very, very different from mine. If you have to use these diapers in conjunction with another product to get any joy, it's not worth the money or the trouble, in my opinion.

The front panel looks pretty pathetic. They should have gone with one strip, or at least tried to be a little more subtle about piecing it together. Besides, if they really wanted the 80s/90s look, they should have used pastel colors on white, not neon on black (who puts BLACK on baby products, anyway?). It looks very big-boyish with the space theme (the critter is adorable, though), and especially with the size "8" marking. If they're catering to adult babies (it is, after all, ABUniverse), what was up with those decisions? I realize some people like the big kid look, but it would be nice if they offered a selection of different looks, including something more girl-oriented, and definitely something babyish.

I get the impression that ABUniverse has some good ideas, but very half-assed execution, and they don't like to do their research.

Can't really tell about the "feel when wet", because I stuff a Luv 6 inside. They seem to swell up nice-- but that could be the stuffer, too.

Sigh... Aleia's post spelled out my opinion of these, almost exactly: Not Abena/Secure/Bams thick at all... and the front panel isn't very AB-oriented (altho I'm more of a "big-kid" and don't mind it so much, it's pretty obvious this wouldn't appeal to ABs at all). I really like the plastic though, and the tapes are great.

Swing and a miss.

wv