LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Snap-on Pants

HuggieBaby

Hey everyone, with college out and christmas break coming, i ordered some supplies (a couple of packs of abri x-plus, cloth snap on diaper, and a pair of snap on plastic pants). Hopefully they'll be here before the end of the week, got them through amazon.com.

My only question was I've never had snap-on plastic pants before, and I was just curious about how they stop from leaking where the snaps are?

HuggieBaby

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M5UTM2 <---plastic pants I ordered

Also has anyone ordered from KCK Medical or All Together Enterprises, just wondering about shipping times and if they're shipping is discreet....

You got to love Amazon, I know I do.

I don’t know about you but most of the leaks I have encountered were in the crotch or between the legs. With that said, snap on pants are great for easy changing while standing. Now I guess if you were sleeping on your side leaks could become a different issue.

'

The plastic pants you ordered are ok. They feel nice and give reasonably good protection. Laying down is the problem particularly with just cloth diapers..it's known as gravity and if you sleep on your stomach...well.

Amazon also sells leak master...a very thick, sturdy, comfortable, pleasantly smooth plastic pant. Works well except for some wicking issues.

Could I recommend using two diapers with one or two of the "gel" filled diaper liners or, an absorbant baby diaper or two (again gel based to lock in the wet) with the plastic cut between them.

I love cloth diapers, but usually have to resort to something like this to keep leaks away.

Now that having been said, snap-on plastic pants have saved my butt, so to speak, several times when I had to get my diaper stuff off at warp speed to avoid detection. Nothing worse to be in locked pined cloth diapers and rubber pants with just a tee shirt and have a relative or friend come to the door!!! Snap-ons allow you to get undressed pretty fast.

Remember what i said about the LOCKING diaper pins, think that through before you go that route when you're not sure you'll be alone.

As for Amazon, let me echo...wonderful for all sorts of things. I was dumbsruck when I did a quick search for "plastic pants" one day and their listings popped up. Of course very embarrassing when you visit their "recommended for you" list with loved ones while Xmas shopping and they pop up...

Stay wet, and stay happy!!!

When I was a child probably there were snap-on pants being sold, but my Mom only bought pull-on Gerber vinyl panties.

By the time I was a teenager who needed diapers for bed, I saw ads in magazines including snap-on pants. Several times I discussed the choice between pull-on and snap-on with the nurses at my many physicians offices. Those first conversations took place after 1976 but before adult disposables were generally accepted.

Back then nurses found it a lot easier to use snap-on pants with nearly all patients. Yes, there could be leaks out the open sides of snap-on pants. Hospital beds usually are made up starting with waterproof mattresses, a waterproof sheet and also an absorbent draw sheet. Minor leaks onto the draw sheet are no problem. Besides being easier to change, nurses felt the open gaps of the snap-on pants increased ventilation and thus reduced diaper rash.

Clearly pull-on pants with welded side-seams leak a lot less with patients sleeping on their belly or sides. In a hospital setting usually patients sleep on their backs. The downside to the pull-on pants is less ventilation, increasing the risk of diaper rash. A positive about pull-on pants is that they also reduce odor.

As an adult I have always owned some snap-on panties. In my experience these need to be made of more robust and therefore thicker vinyl to last. Since I normally wear ultra-thin vinyl pull-on panties to me the experience is different. Where I do select my snap-on are situations where I will not be in bed and I do not want to remove my shoes while changing. Even if I am wearing slacks I have learned to change my diaper standing up. That is okay so long as I do not need to also change pull-on panties. I find my skin is healthier when I always change both my diaper and panties at the same time. Snap-on panties work good enough while I am moving around and are more convenient to change.

For bed my feet are only covered by socks and I do not wear PJ bottoms, just nighties or a Onesies. For me in bed it is as easy to pull-on my vinyl panties. Since I do sleep on my side and do not use a draw sheet, I avoid wearing snap-on pants to bed.

I've made my own snap on pants in the past, and there are a few construction issues with them.

Even if the edges of the plastic are folded over and heat seamed-the stuff is just too weak to pull the snaps free. They almost always tear out through either the snaps, or at the corners where the sides meet the ends of the elastics. The solution I found was to put a back fence on the bag closer I use for the seams-so I could clamp the plastic to that and fold it to an accurate width.

This made about a half inch sealed tunnel down the sides. Then I would thread a piece of flat woven nylon seam binding through that.....and stitch some of the same onto the ends of the elastics. The ends get folded under when you sew the elastics on-and I would leave a little of the nylon in the ends sticking out past the corners to get a grip on.....and let the inner edges go back under the elastics for about an inch and a half.

This left the seam binding encased so it could not stain or wick. And by having it reenforcing the vulnerable corners-it would not tear out there. You can also start the elastic in about an inch from the corner-making the snaps lie flatter, decreasing the bulk at the joins. Trying to set a prong snap through two layers of elastic properly is a bitch.

I used to use these in diaper bondage objectification play- so they could get popped open pretty roughly at times. I liked to grab the corners and yank them open. You would destroy comercial pants if you treated them that way. I preffered clear plastic-so I could see the state of the cloth diapers beneath. It was much more humiliating.

I have never seen these made so commercially. It probably would make the labor costs pretty much prohibitive for most buyers. But for my own use-it was the only way to go. I didn't care if they leaked-the girls were restrained over a waterproof backed bed pad.

I remember wearing snap-side pants as a teenager. I wore the Salk, Davol, Bittner, Sears and Wal-Jan pants. All of the snap stud pants leaked in bed.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I did not have good family support back then. They thought I was a mental case. Things are much better now

Hey everyone, with college out and christmas break coming, i ordered some supplies (a couple of packs of abri x-plus, cloth snap on diaper, and a pair of snap on plastic pants). Hopefully they'll be here before the end of the week, got them through amazon.com.

My only question was I've never had snap-on plastic pants before, and I was just curious about how they stop from leaking where the snaps are?

HuggieBaby

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M5UTM2 <---plastic pants I ordered

Also has anyone ordered from KCK Medical or All Together Enterprises, just wondering about shipping times and if they're shipping is discreet....

I use both snap-on and pull-up plastic pants over both thick cloth and disposable diapers. Some of my snap-on pants are heavy vinyl from Comco and some a thinner from Fetware. All work well if you take care when unsnapping them so as not to overstress the snaps and tear the plastic. To me the snap-on pants are more babyish, I'm from the old school when all we wore was cloth diapers. They are much easier to change out in public and do allow air to cirulate. However, as stated by others, they do leak at night when sleeping on you side, as I do.

The real point here is to enjoy what you purchased. No one can tell you if you made a good purchase or not, you must use them and judge for youself. I have been wearing diapers and plastic pants for avery long time and have my likes and dislikes. Others my or may not like or use what I like to wear. Example: I like thick cloth pull-up diapers over pin-on diapers. I sometimes wear two of these, in two different sizes, for extra bulk, while at other times I will use a 6 layer diaper insert/double in one pull-up. And depending on my liking I my use snap-on or pull-up plastic pants for day wear.

I have purchased good quality items that did not last like they should. I've also purchased cheaper plastic pants that I was very happy with. Use the proper care and they will last, and make you a happy wearer. Don't forget to wash all cloth diapers several times before first wearing them.

Let us know how you enjoyed your new items and how you rate them, so others will know.

So I got my stuff, and needless to say I couldn't get my underwear off fast enough lol

As far as the cloth diaper I ordered, should have followed what the reviews told. It doesn't fit right, very uncomfortable, and honestly I don't really know the proper way to wear it haha. The only thing I have used it for is to put it over everything else to make it seem thicker.

The plastic snap-on pants are pretty nice. I really like being able to change without having to slide the pants all the way down my legs. I find if I use one of the Abri X-Plus with the snap-on pants at night it keeps all leaks in pretty well. I can mostly sleep on my back anyways so its not much of a problem anyways.

Then I come to my two packs of Abri X-Plus Medium diapers. Well I've had them before but only in small. So first of all the medium fit a lot better. I've got about a 30inch waist, so I'm pretty small but they still fit better. Then to step up between absorbency amounts (2200-3600mL), WOW!!

I thought my smalls held a lot of liquid but these things are insane! GET THEM if you have not tried them yet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BF1GMU............Cloth Diaper i bought

HuggieBaby

• 7 years later...

I've just bought some snap-on plastic pants and have a problem mentioned by one other user here of such pants; how to master the technique of undoing the snaps without the plastic tearing. I find considerable force is needed when pulling the snaps, which are high quality metal ones (the pants themselves are from a high quality manufacturer, and the plastic therefore reasonably thick but I still fear tearing and therefor ruining the pants. Any tips would be useful as I really want to try out snapons. I mostly wear plastic pants on there own as an alternative to normal underwear as I invariably dribble after I pee and the plastic retains enough of the dribbling that otherwise leaks through normal underpants and stains my trousers, sometimes embarrasingly in public or in front of friends. The snap-on

The snaps are really no different than the overlap of the tape on disposables.

I always wanted slip on plastic pants but for years all you could find in the adult market was snap on kind.

Here is my basic discussion on the matter