LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Folding Cloth Diapers...

Guest YkDave

Although i mainly prefer disposables, i do have a selection of cloth and i just cant seem to get them to fit quite the way i would like...

Which style of fold works best for you guys?

Why fold it? It it too big for you?

Just lay down on it and use a pin on each side.

If it is too long, fold it over in the front where you need the most absorbancy.

Don't worry about it bunching up between your legs. That is where you need the absorbancy

Although i mainly prefer disposables, i do have a selection of cloth and i just cant seem to get them to fit quite the way i would like...

Which style of fold works best for you guys?

Im talking about flat/prefolds, i dont see how anyone could just pin on a great big ol square and have it comfortable and stay in place!

Ahhh, the simplicity of a contoured prefold... i love them, they are idiot proof lol

If you are a heavy wetter, the contoured diaper isn't a good idea. The contoured diaper has less absorbancey where you need it.

Im talking about flat/prefolds, i dont see how anyone could just pin on a great big ol square and have it comfortable and stay in place!

Ahhh, the simplicity of a contoured prefold... i love them, they are idiot proof lol

The contoured prefolds that i have are actually pretty absorbant, not as much as the flat prefolds (obviously because theirs about half the material) but they are decent for a daytime diaper as they are (to me) alot more comfortable and stay in place!

But, for a nightime diaper they definately wouldnt do the job without a few layers!

With flat prefolds, I use the "Angel Fold"-fold the front in thirds leaving the back alone. Pull through with legs spread wide, and open the front as far needed when you pin. If I plan on a lot of bending over I'll pull out more and pin further towards the back so the pins don't poke me and my diaper cover as much ;)

Bettypooh

I wear regular Gerber baby diapers. The flat ones are just the right size to pin nice and snug around my waist and the prefolds make wonderful liners for extra padding down the middle. I use one flat 27x27 diaper with two prefolds down the middle and a sceond flat diaper on top. Since I am a heavy wetter and don't like to be changing my diapers all the time I usually wear at least two and often three diapers made up as I described.

Hi Dave,

Just wondering where you got your contoured prefolds from. I have been looking for some, and found one vendor, just wondering if there were others for comparison.

qwack

Got pretty much all of my cloth diapers and other goodies from babykins.com though i did get a nice velcro one through b4ns.com that was made by abcharm!

Yup, thats pretty much what I do with my prefolds, fold in 3rds lengthwise, and fan out the back, and fan and adjust the front to fit...works great and no unnecessary bulk between the legs, plus this fold also creates a nice "pocket' in back for containing the occasional load, if necessary :blush:

I don't get why anyone would even bother with just plain flat diapers you have to fold all the time, I tried that too, and it got old after a while and I wanted prefolds!

qwack

I wore pre-folds for about 6 years before trying the adultclothdiaper.com flat gauze. They are wonderful. Folding is not a problem, I layer them to the thickness I like and they wash and dry quicker.

To fold them (I use their 4-ply 44" square diapers)... I lay one flat, in the center of that I lay one folded lengthwise in thirds, and on top of that I lay one folded lengthwise in fourths. I then fold the sides of the bottom diaper over the top, so the entire diaper is 1/3 width, fold the top down as needed for length (about 7-9"), fan out the back and pin on.

The other advantage to this, rather than the EH Angelfluff's is that they are much easier to pin on. I don't have to pin through so many layers.

All told when complete, they are thick (the front section when doubled has 80 layers of cloth) are very absorbent, nedded since I'm a heavy wetter, and the gauze is wonderfully comfortable. Granted, they are so thick that I waddle, but then I don't wear outside the home (or if I do, I wear thinner diapers).

The last benefit... I really enjoy folding my diapers out of the dryer, stacking them in the closet and then folding them out before pinning them on at night. They are part of my "ritual".

Over the years I have tried many combinations of diapers and have found this is what suits me, makes me comfortable and meets what I find as my right diaper of choice. What works for me, may not for you.

Best of luck in finding your "right" diaper.

CDL