LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chaffing..... What Do You Do?

dlbbyboy

I recently got back from a week long trip visiting Family, and wore a diaper on both plane flights. My problem was uncomfortable chaffing from sitting down for an extended period of time, and then getting up and walking to the next gate during the lay over. On the flight over I chalked it up to lack of powder around the legs and fixed it. on the return trip I tried Baby Oil and it worked initially but not after sitting for a while during the flight. Another issue was the onesie (not for baby purposes but for anti diaper flashing...) was making the matter worse, because it was just barely rubbing my inner thigh. I really think if it weren't for sitting down and getting warm and sweaty on the plane I would never have the problem.

So the million dollar question is:

What do you use/do to minimize chafing? Let's hear it!

I recently got back from a week long trip visiting Family, and wore a diaper on both plane flights. My problem was uncomfortable chaffing from sitting down for an extended period of time, and then getting up and walking to the next gate during the lay over. On the flight over I chalked it up to lack of powder around the legs and fixed it. on the return trip I tried Baby Oil and it worked initially but not after sitting for a while during the flight. Another issue was the onesie (not for baby purposes but for anti diaper flashing...) was making the matter worse, because it was just barely rubbing my inner thigh. I really think if it weren't for sitting down and getting warm and sweaty on the plane I would never have the problem.

So the million dollar question is:

What do you use/do to minimize chafing? Let's hear it!

I can't say what to do to minimize chaffing, but I will tell you that if you do have sore, red areas from chaffing, especially in your inner theighs, a product called "Sween Cream" will take care of it overnight or the same day. The stuff works great and is the best I've found.

I find because I wear some form of diaper 24/7 that since I lost bladder control my skin has gotten resistent to chafing. As a precaution when I know it will be over 4 hours between changing, and when wearing gauze diapers with separate vinyl panties, I apply a tiny amount of Desitin diaper rash ointment to my inner thighs and any other place that seems irritated. The trick is to rub such an ointment in to your skin really well.