LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby Powder

anondl

I spent the better part of today in a diaper. This morning I showered and put on a diaper about 9:30, went to breakfast at a nice sit down resturant then ran some errands. Around 5 PM I stripped out of my wet diaper and showered because I had an evening appointment to shoot pool with my best friend. I'm not "out" about the diaper thing with anybody. I had an idea that there would be some irritation or chaffing after washing myself to remove any diaper smell but I didn't want to use Baby Power because of the infantile and less than masculine aroma. So I suffered the expected discomfort and was glad to get back home and and douse the coin purse with Johnson's Baby Powder.

I suppose the simple solution is to use Mennon or something like that. Babies and Grandmothers can smell of Johnson's but not regular guys. When was the last time you saw baby powder in a guy's locker room?

I'm home, I'm dry and I smell of baby powder.

Anondl

Indeed. Its becoming more and more common for men to use baby powder for various personal needs. I've used it for years for my feet....its the one thing that helps to keep them from stinking really bad in the winter and early parts of the summer. My friends don't even question it anymore if I smell of baby powder. Honestly, I wouldn't care about the image bit and powder yourself if youre going to go the evening without a diaper on. I bet that your friends wouldn't even notice.

That's the biggest reason I don't use powder. The baby smell. Johnson & Johnson should make unscented baby powder. I've looked for unscented baby powder and never found any. Does the Anti Monkey Butt Powder have a scent to it, and where can you buy it? I've never seen it before.

must admit johnsons baby powder does get me closer to the AB side that I want to explore, but yeh that "clean, fresh scent" (as they put it) is powerful.

Even though I keep a small bottle of poweder inside two thick bags, in a box, in a closed cupboard, the smell still escapes! Thought I seen some "non-perfumed" powder in Boots once, but can't find it on their website.

Hope there is some out there 'coz it would help a lot, especially overnight and not make my room smell like a nursery.. not that that's a bad thing! but, parents :o would be on my case and soon after, find a case

:D Thanks for all the replies.

Many years ago I did see Johnsons Baby Powder ocassionally in pool rooms. I haven't seen any powder or powder blocks in pool halls lately. I personally don't like the stuff on my hands and I think that the finish on today's cues eliminates the need.

The corn starch is a good idea. I guess now I'll have to have two types of baby powder. One for staying in and one for going out. ^_^

Anondl

Just use cornstarch/flour... Find it on the baking supplies aisle of any supermarket. It's what all the 'non-talc' baby powders are made with so it should do the job and obviously doesn't smell of anything in particular.

I'd like to point out that while cornstarch is a possibility, that you should never use flour! Not only from the mess standpoint, it's going to turn to a goo, that many flours contain a percentage of yeast. That is going to Burn, itch and swell up like crazy..just a warning! Also the cornstarch such as for cooking, may clump up and get gooey, it's designed for thickening with heat and liquid..you get the idea. I imagine that they have added certain other products to baby powders to eliminate this as much.

I'd also like to add that from my experience, that women tend to be attracted by the smell of baby powder. Must kick off the maternal side. I have been approached many times through my life by complete strangers who would give me a discrete sniff, and then whisper that I smelled "GOOD"! So for guy friends yeah whatever, none of mine have ever said word one... but for the women I have been around and some to be a "sitter" or "mommy" eventually, they all like the smell. Just Say'n. ;)

p.s. I buy my wife "Loves baby soft cologne" MMMMmmmm. That's a great smell..good to spritz the diapers with too!

A simple google search will bring up a bunch of unscented baby powders out there. There is an organic one that amazon sells but you could probably find that brand or one similar at your local whole foods or all natural store if your in the US. Johnson and Johnson sells a cornstarch based one that probably smells different as well as a lavender one which would get you another scent.

Guest diapered67

If it helps I use it, no matter if it is baby powder or anything else... Who cares what others think.... I took have to use Baby Powder to get away from the chaffing. I love the smell as well... Have a great day..

Diapered

I'd like to point out that while cornstarch is a possibility, that you should never use flour!

Yep, I meant cornstarch/cornflour (not the wheat stuff :lol:). They're both the same stuff - which word you use depends on which side of the big pond you're from :P

Oh yeah, and make sure everything is *dry* before you use cornstarch as powder or you'll regret it :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dl_aslee

I know a girl who must use it after showering, though I think most people just think she smells good and don't make the connection. So just use it and don't worry about it.

My bf uses baby powder he prefers the feel an smell of it to cheapy stuff he isn't AB or DL he isn't into the whole scene but he uses it after his bath so do I even before I was into the whole scene, I always have done just makes your skin smooth after a bath/shower. It seems weird to me that its not normal for adults to wear it or blokes, where you are. UK its pretty normal lol. I'd just say wear it besides you probably won't even smell it under your clothes. Just spray yourself clothed with Cologne or deodrant.