LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Surgery To Become Incontinent.

Hey everyone. 

I know I’m very late to this conversation lol, but was hoping I might be able to share my current situation, my “wishes”, and receive some feedback from those with some actual experience....

I’ve been paralyzed (T7 complete) for 13 years. In the beginning when my foley was removed, I had major incontinence due to atrophy of the sphincter. That eventually regain strength. Then my bladder was basically permanently closed off as I’ve relied on intermittent cathing to void my bladder since then. I’ve also dealt with some stress and overflow incontinence. 

I’ve also had a diaper fetish my whole life. Not being able to properly use them as intended now has really been a bummer. That was 90% of the fun. I’ve experimented with Foley catheters short term but it seems to lead to infections more often than not. 

I’d love to know more about these Botox injections to the sphincter I’ve seen mentioned. How long did it last? Was all control/restraint gone? How did you approach your physician? Side effects? Health risks? 

I have no desire for permanent total incontinence. But I could manage it for a week to 6 months like I’ve seen mentioned. I’ve endured far worse. I had the shits for 2 weeks straight once. That’s a nightmare when you can’t stand or walk lol. 

I’d just love to occasionally be able to induce/experience true incontinence now that I have a mommy to help me with it. I hate not being able to wet myself and ABDL is about the only sexual outlet I have. (Zero orgasms in 13 years lol). 

I appreciate any insight you can offer! Thanks! 

2 hours ago, DiaperWheels said:

Hey everyone. 

I know I’m very late to this conversation lol, but was hoping I might be able to share my current situation, my “wishes”, and receive some feedback from those with some actual experience....

I’ve been paralyzed (T7 complete) for 13 years. In the beginning when my foley was removed, I had major incontinence due to atrophy of the sphincter. That eventually regain strength. Then my bladder was basically permanently closed off as I’ve relied on intermittent cathing to void my bladder since then. I’ve also dealt with some stress and overflow incontinence. 

I’ve also had a diaper fetish my whole life. Not being able to properly use them as intended now has really been a bummer. That was 90% of the fun. I’ve experimented with Foley catheters short term but it seems to lead to infections more often than not. 

I’d love to know more about these Botox injections to the sphincter I’ve seen mentioned. How long did it last? Was all control/restraint gone? How did you approach your physician? Side effects? Health risks? 

I have no desire for permanent total incontinence. But I could manage it for a week to 6 months like I’ve seen mentioned. I’ve endured far worse. I had the shits for 2 weeks straight once. That’s a nightmare when you can’t stand or walk lol. 

I’d just love to occasionally be able to induce/experience true incontinence now that I have a mommy to help me with it. I hate not being able to wet myself and ABDL is about the only sexual outlet I have. (Zero orgasms in 13 years lol). 

I appreciate any insight you can offer! Thanks! 

I had it twice, they inject 80 to 100 units of Botox in several areas of the external urethral sphincter, the first week you won't notice a difference, it starts working actively after 2 weeks, however for me personally, it did very little, I still had spasm contractions of the sphincter and little loss.

Even incisions in the sphincter didn't cause much incontinence, trust me they will never do surgery that causes full urine incontinence unless they have no choice (such as cancer or something).

But even if the sphincter is constantly closed they will tell you to use intermittent catheters instead.

I had a Botox injection in my anal sphincter in Spring of 2018, and it had no effect on my continence. A year later, this past April, they partial cut my anal sphincter in a procedure calls a lateral internal sphincterotomy. 

That procedure has the potential to cause incontinence, particularly if you’ve had pelvic trauma before such as childbirth or multiple rounds of the procedure. 

The only side effect I’ve had is minor flatus incontinence, which means sometimes a small fart slips out. Very small, never heard, and never smelt (thank god), typically occurring when I need to have a bowel movement. It will always be like that.

I will say, I’d never wish the condition that led to that procedure on anyone, and the surgery sucked. I was in pain and continually bleeding for two weeks, and for six weeks I had dirty underwear. I’d leave the bathroom clean and sighing 20 minutes would not be clean because I wasn’t voiding completely and had much looser tone in my sphincter (which is what the surgery is supposed to do, to promote blood flow). That’s still a problem depending on how much protein and fiber I get in my diet.

On 10/25/2009 at 4:50 PM, chrisdps said:

In reference to using Bo Tox Injections I am confused. My Urologist has suggested we try Bo Tox injections to help improve my uncontrolled wetting. Currently it is not covered under my health care so we have decided to wait. He recommended we try these Bo Tox injections after several procedures and sugeries I have had over several years including a bladder wall surgery and another surgery installing a urological pace maker. None of which improved my situation.

I was confused as several posts suggest that these injections can induce wetting and my urologist talked about Bo Tox as a product to improve my wetting. Any thoughts?

Long, long time ago, but I’ll answer this. Some incontinence is caused by the urinary muscles and/or bladder contracting too strongly, causing a sudden and irresistible urge to go or an accident.

What Botox does is relax muscles. Only in very high doses will it completely paralyze a muscle, which would probably cause an underactive bladder and lead to infections and the need for a catheter until the Botox wore off. Far from causing incontinence, it will probably cause an inability to go either voluntarily or involuntarily because the muscles that force urine from the bladder just won’t contract, hence needing to cath.

In a regular dose, the Botox will relax the muscles and make those sharp contractions less sharp and less frequent.

By way of comparison, when I had surgery in the pelvic area last spring, in addition to the sedation that put me to sleep, they injected a local anesthetic into my pelvic floor. It numbed everything in the region. I woke up from surgery needing badly to urinate and barely could. I had to force it, and I still couldn’t empty all the way. I was in such pain that I asked for a catheter, and they wouldn’t give me one because my bladder “only” had 350ml left in it. I spent the entire day like that, in pain and needing to urinate, trying to force it out because I couldn’t get the muscles to work. I ended up in a diaper, which I’m glad I packed even though i was staying at my parents for 24 hours, next to the bed on my knees trying to force urine out. It was a miserable fucking day. 

2 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Long, long time ago, but I’ll answer this. Some incontinence is caused by the urinary muscles and/or bladder contracting too strongly, causing a sudden and irresistible urge to go or an accident.

What Botox does is relax muscles. Only in very high doses will it completely paralyze a muscle, which would probably cause an underactive bladder and lead to infections and the need for a catheter until the Botox wore off. Far from causing incontinence, it will probably cause an inability to go either voluntarily or involuntarily because the muscles that force urine from the bladder just won’t contract, hence needing to cath.

In a regular dose, the Botox will relax the muscles and make those sharp contractions less sharp and less frequent.

By way of comparison, when I had surgery in the pelvic area last spring, in addition to the sedation that put me to sleep, they injected a local anesthetic into my pelvic floor. It numbed everything in the region. I woke up from surgery needing badly to urinate and barely could. I had to force it, and I still couldn’t empty all the way. I was in such pain that I asked for a catheter, and they wouldn’t give me one because my bladder “only” had 350ml left in it. I spent the entire day like that, in pain and needing to urinate, trying to force it out because I couldn’t get the muscles to work. I ended up in a diaper, which I’m glad I packed even though i was staying at my parents for 24 hours, next to the bed on my knees trying to force urine out. It was a miserable fucking day. 

I had this right after a urethrotomy surgery (removal of scar tissue in urethra).

They insert a catheter for 24h untill the bleeding stopped and then you're discharged.
Unfortunatly I had the same probem as you, I could not empty my bladder, unless i pushed it out. At first I knew this was from the catheter and surgery so I thought it'd pass away in a few hours.

Except, the next morning I was still like this, and had to rugh to ER. There they emptied the bladder with a catheter first but found no debris or blood clots, so they told me to drink a bottle of water for a sonar image  to see what was wrong with the bladder. Worst mistake ever!
Because another patient came in, in danger, and needed urgent medical attention, so in all this chas they forgot about me and I was about to burst, shaking from the pain because I was waiting there for more than 6h with an overly full bladder.
After they took the sonar the guy was shocked of the volume and then they let me go to the bathroom but I literally just dribbled when pushing all my might out to get something out.

I had a bilateral inguinal hernia as a result from overpushing and they told me I had an "atonic or toneless bladder" but did not know why and gave me myocholin glenwood for it.

After a few days it got better though, but this was really one of the scariest moments ever.
I just thought it was a blood clot or piece of tissue blocking the way out....

6 hours ago, kincaid said:

I had it twice, they inject 80 to 100 units of Botox in several areas of the external urethral sphincter, the first week you won't notice a difference, it starts working actively after 2 weeks, however for me personally, it did very little, I still had spasm contractions of the sphincter and little loss.

Even incisions in the sphincter didn't cause much incontinence, trust me they will never do surgery that causes full urine incontinence unless they have no choice (such as cancer or something).

But even if the sphincter is constantly closed they will tell you to use intermittent catheters instead.

Thanks for answering. I have ZERO desire for permanent incontinence or any surgical procedures. My normal routine now is intermittent cathing about 6 times a day. And it works just fine for what needs to be done. 

I just want to experience wetting, emptying a full bladder, or a constant dribble keeping the bladder empty once again. My only way to wet a diaper is using a Foley catheter and I’ve had some bad luck with those causing infections and sometimes I forget I have one in and I’ll transfer in/out of my wheelchair and it’ll get snagged on something. Terrified I’ll rip my dick right off! Lol. Not that it really serves any useful purpose these days anyway lol. It’s mostly just there for show and it’s not even much of a show lol. Atrophy is really real! Haha. 

I think I’ll just talk straight forward to my neurological doctor at my next appointment about the Botox shots a little. He’s alway’s been very encouraging to explore outside of comfort zones sexually after paralysis if you don’t have any luck with conventional methods. 

It sounds like it’s a low risk procedure and far safer than risking UTIs with a Foley catheter.  

Best case, 6 months of total/heavy incontinence that I’ll probably both love and hate. But it would be temporary and still be far far far away from the worst inconveniences and complications I’ve dealt with since being paralyzed. 

Worst case, nothing happens. 

Unless there are risks and side effects I’m not aware of....

1 hour ago, DiaperWheels said:

Thanks for answering. I have ZERO desire for permanent incontinence or any surgical procedures. My normal routine now is intermittent cathing about 6 times a day. And it works just fine for what needs to be done. 

I just want to experience wetting, emptying a full bladder, or a constant dribble keeping the bladder empty once again. My only way to wet a diaper is using a Foley catheter and I’ve had some bad luck with those causing infections and sometimes I forget I have one in and I’ll transfer in/out of my wheelchair and it’ll get snagged on something. Terrified I’ll rip my dick right off! Lol. Not that it really serves any useful purpose these days anyway lol. It’s mostly just there for show and it’s not even much of a show lol. Atrophy is really real! Haha. 

I think I’ll just talk straight forward to my neurological doctor at my next appointment about the Botox shots a little. He’s alway’s been very encouraging to explore outside of comfort zones sexually after paralysis if you don’t have any luck with conventional methods. 

It sounds like it’s a low risk procedure and far safer than risking UTIs with a Foley catheter.  

Best case, 6 months of total/heavy incontinence that I’ll probably both love and hate. But it would be temporary and still be far far far away from the worst inconveniences and complications I’ve dealt with since being paralyzed. 

Worst case, nothing happens. 

Unless there are risks and side effects I’m not aware of....

Well....the only side effect is in the beginning that it stings a little.

But since I have no paralysis there, I feel eveyr bit of pain from every type of catheter, even with lidocaine (of course less then). But I will not agree to intermittent catheterisation.
I hate it, if the Botox would have worked better I would agree to a 6 monthly injection but i was very dissappointed.

Intermittent catheters are indeed a much better solution when you have paralysis because then you don't feel the pain, though the biggest risk, is trauma to the urethra, scar tissue and narrowing of the urethra. I am very prone to that, had 8 urethrotomy surgeries already so I don't want that anymore.