LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Surgery To Become Incontinent.

I had been searching this for awhile now! I'm probably the only one here who was excited to find out this may be possible, but i get it.. and i'd love to have it done. I was a little disapointed when i learned unpotty training was the norm.. knowing i don't NEED to wear diapers would make me second guess myself, and i'd be self concious..  becoming fully and permanantly diaper dependent would give me the confidence to own it. 

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I v'e just discovered this post.
I wanted to talk about my experience concerning incontinence.

On Feb. 2011 i had the chance to meet a comprehensive urologist un Tunisia.
After more than 10 years of wearing Folley Catheher for long period of time i can say i was very experimented about incontinence 24/24.
But also urinary tracts....
First he convinced me to try botox injection. It was supposed to work for 6 months.
Unfortunately it have only worked for 15 days.
I was very sad of this situation so after many mails we decided to try the diabolo stent.
a reversible way .....and it have worked at 50/100.....i was not satisfied at all.
After 1 year and many discussions he finaly accept to proceed to sphincterotomy at one condition  :to get the green light from a psychiatrist.
I can say i v'e never had this green light and my psychiatrist took me for a crazy guy (i can understand).
He drives me to an otyher psychiatrist who never wanted to recieve me ( a reference in france).
6 months after and more than 20 mails explaining my position My urologisty finaly accepted this surgery.
It was in nov 2012 : first sphincterotomy.
I came back 2 times more : one for the prostate resection (because it blocked the urethra.
And the last on May 2014 for a new Sphincterotomy (the first one was not efficient and my muscle was reconstituted)
4 years after in can say i get no regrets. Even if it's to recent to get a complete feedback.
I've always wanted to live this life and now that's for true.
The problem in france is that you can not have this type of discussion on ABDL sites.
There's a form of intolerance about it and before to place this testimony i've read all of the messages of this post.
And i did not find such hate in french abdl sites.
Sorry for my english....im a french happy nappy guy.
Nathan

• Like 1

As long as your decision made you happy that is all the really matters.

Personally it is no one's business to judge what you do with your own body.  Here you may be given advice to seriously consider your decisions but generally regardless of what you decide you will be supported.

I know the desire you felt because I have the same need everyday.  I wear diapers permanently now hoping that eventually I will become permanently unpotty trained naturally.  If it was possible to simply walk into a clinic and have a procedure done to allow for me to become permanently incontinent I would have to say I more than likely would do it.  After all it is what I am trying to accomplish now why would I not do it.

There are a few of us that simply just need to be in diapers forever and not having any control seems to help justify that need.

I hope you found inner peace with your decision to have the procedure and enjoy your constantly wet diaper.

34 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

As long as your decision made you happy that is all the really matters.

Personally it is no one's business to judge what you do with your own body.  Here you may be given advice to seriously consider your decisions but generally regardless of what you decide you will be supported.

I know the desire you felt because I have the same need everyday.  I wear diapers permanently now hoping that eventually I will become permanently unpotty trained naturally.  If it was possible to simply walk into a clinic and have a procedure done to allow for me to become permanently incontinent I would have to say I more than likely would do it.  After all it is what I am trying to accomplish now why would I not do it.

There are a few of us that simply just need to be in diapers forever and not having any control seems to help justify that need.

I hope you found inner peace with your decision to have the procedure and enjoy your constantly wet diaper.

As someone who has been a bedwetter all my life, and when out and about no longer have total confidence in my continence, I say this to those of you who have the choice about whether or not to wet your nappy.

If God has given you a good bladder, don't muck it up.

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings about this, however we all need to remember that it is not for us to judge anyone else. Especially here in the Incontinence Desires forum where almost all who have unwanted incontinence feel similarly about us :huh:

When you get right down to it, what better way to become incontinent than for continence to be impossible? No training, no waiting for results, no other effects. If it could be achieved non-surgically most of us here would probably do it :whistling: It's the same effects we seek achieved in a different way. The only part which troubles me about it is the surgery, as any surgery is somewhat dangerous. Yet as a TG, I'd have a different surgery done in a heartbeat if I had the money to pay for it :girl_happy: 

So rather than being hypocritical or judgemental, we should be supportive of each other :thumbsup: We can still discuss every aspect of this, but remembering that it's to each their own, and that we're all different for a reason.

Bettypooh

• Thanks 1

I understand why someone who is incontinent through no choice of their own would recommend against this.  Having to deal with being incontinent can be a hassle and an inconvenience often times.  I know this because that is the way I have lived for the last year by choice which has made me very happy in life.  Honestly as I start to become unpotty trained I am more at ease and more comfortable with the decision I have chose.  Life would be easier if I had no control at all because I would not have to worry about flooding my diaper at times which leads to many untimely leaks.  

I do have sympathy for those who are incontinent that wish more than anything they were not.  What would make these individuals happy is to not suffer from incontinence and I completely understand that.  Please understand that some of us just feel differently and being incontinent is what would make us happy.

What makes anyone think a reputable surgeon would do this? The next question is why wouldn't any reputable surgeon do this?

9 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

I have mixed feelings about this, however we all need to remember that it is not for us to judge anyone else. Especially here in the Incontinence Desires forum where almost all who have unwanted incontinence feel similarly about us :huh:

When you get right down to it, what better way to become incontinent than for continence to be impossible? No training, no waiting for results, no other effects. If it could be achieved non-surgically most of us here would probably do it :whistling: It's the same effects we seek achieved in a different way. The only part which troubles me about it is the surgery, as any surgery is somewhat dangerous. Yet as a TG, I'd have a different surgery done in a heartbeat if I had the money to pay for it :girl_happy: 

So rather than being hypocritical or judgemental, we should be supportive of each other :thumbsup: We can still discuss every aspect of this, but remembering that it's to each their own, and that we're all different for a reason.

Bettypooh

Yes, but we are not here to be an echo chamber, either.  If someone wanted to put firecrackers in their urethra and/or their anus in order to become incontinent, we have the freedom to judge them and tell that person what a bad idea that is.  

There are times I want to be incontinent, and the longer I live the chance I will have some form of incontinence increases.  If and/or when that happens, I'll accept it.  If people in this forum want to try to become urine/fecal/flatulence incontinent by wearing diapers constantly, that's fine.  The benefit is that it is somewhat reversible should something in their lives change, and they decide that they may want to back off from total incontinence, even if it is only for a brief period.  

But once surgery is done to make one incontinent, that's permanent.  Run out of diapers because unforeseen circumstances caused you to become broke or bankrupt?  Better figure something out.  Supportive spouse slowly becomes less and less accepting of your ABDL fetish/lifestyle?  Hope you've been married for less than 10 years, because there's no divorcing diapers at this point.  Wake up one morning years after the surgery and realize that it is a pain in the ass to have to wear diapers every microsecond of every day / month / year / decade?  Too bad, so sad - put that diaper on.  

It always pays to remember: Be careful of what you ask for -- you may get it.

14 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Yes, but we are not here to be an echo chamber, either.  If someone wanted to put firecrackers in their urethra and/or their anus in order to become incontinent, we have the freedom to judge them and tell that person what a bad idea that is.  

There are times I want to be incontinent, and the longer I live the chance I will have some form of incontinence increases.  If and/or when that happens, I'll accept it.  If people in this forum want to try to become urine/fecal/flatulence incontinent by wearing diapers constantly, that's fine.  The benefit is that it is somewhat reversible should something in their lives change, and they decide that they may want to back off from total incontinence, even if it is only for a brief period.  

But once surgery is done to make one incontinent, that's permanent.  Run out of diapers because unforeseen circumstances caused you to become broke or bankrupt?  Better figure something out.  Supportive spouse slowly becomes less and less accepting of your ABDL fetish/lifestyle?  Hope you've been married for less than 10 years, because there's no divorcing diapers at this point.  Wake up one morning years after the surgery and realize that it is a pain in the ass to have to wear diapers every microsecond of every day / month / year / decade?  Too bad, so sad - put that diaper on.  

It always pays to remember: Be careful of what you ask for -- you may get it.

Great food for thought for those contemplating incontinence. And before moving forward one should think about everything you've said carefully. Years ago I did think carefully about it and while I did not have any surgeries I moved forward with it. I've no regrets at all today.

It's about having some understanding and some sympathy here. Yes, we can and should advise against someone doing something harmful, but exactly what constitutes harm? And isn't it harmful mentally and emotionally to truly need to be incontinent but unable to achieve it? So there is a place for surgery, but it should be either the last resort or for those who have experienced being effectively incontinent for long enough to fully understand what they are doing. 

Sad to say, but the many in society do not understand the gravity of mental or emotional distress at the level which would drive a person to do this. It can become deadly if the needs go unfilled, and we certainly shouldn't ever be involved with that happening. And occasionally after getting what was sought some will certainly want to go back but can't, having similar consequences. So I think it best to be supportive of those who have already had the surgery done, which is the case here. That is why the rules for this forum are different than most of the other ones, and why were less tolerant of bashing others regards their desiring incontinence here.

We can and should try to be sure that we don't give anyone bad advice or allow them to make a harmful mistake without saying something about that. But we need to remember that what we want, like, or need doesn't necessarily apply to anyone else. We should remember the nay-sayers regards our own desires and goals, and how their words affect us before we say "no" to others who seek similar goals. We should never be hypocrites, even if there are no rules here preventing that. There is perhaps as much in how something is said as in what is said, and do our best to say things in non-hurtful ways. That includes when we disagree with someone else too. And that should be applied to everything we say everywhere. 

I am not here to restrict speech or prohibit the expression of opinion in general but I am here to limit those who bash others. It's a hard line to draw sometimes. Think before you post, especially about how others will perceive what you are saying. It matters more than you may think.

Bettypooh

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Bettypooh said:

It's about having some understanding and some sympathy here. Yes, we can and should advise against someone doing something harmful, but exactly what constitutes harm? And isn't it harmful mentally and emotionally to truly need to be incontinent but unable to achieve it? So there is a place for surgery, but it should be either the last resort or for those who have experienced being effectively incontinent for long enough to fully understand what they are doing. 

Sad to say, but the many in society do not understand the gravity of mental or emotional distress at the level which would drive a person to do this. It can become deadly if the needs go unfilled, and we certainly shouldn't ever be involved with that happening. And occasionally after getting what was sought some will certainly want to go back but can't, having similar consequences. So I think it best to be supportive of those who have already had the surgery done, which is the case here. That is why the rules for this forum are different than most of the other ones, and why were less tolerant of bashing others regards their desiring incontinence here.

We can and should try to be sure that we don't give anyone bad advice or allow them to make a harmful mistake without saying something about that. But we need to remember that what we want, like, or need doesn't necessarily apply to anyone else. We should remember the nay-sayers regards our own desires and goals, and how their words affect us before we say "no" to others who seek similar goals. We should never be hypocrites, even if there are no rules here preventing that. There is perhaps as much in how something is said as in what is said, and do our best to say things in non-hurtful ways. That includes when we disagree with someone else too. And that should be applied to everything we say everywhere. 

I am not here to restrict speech or prohibit the expression of opinion in general but I am here to limit those who bash others. It's a hard line to draw sometimes. Think before you post, especially about how others will perceive what you are saying. It matters more than you may think.

Bettypooh

Thank you Bettypooh! I remember becoming urinary incontinent due to a accident and the horror that went with it back then. Prior to that I never had any desire for this at all. About 5 years after that I started to feel a need for fecal incontinence also. I've no idea why. It was something deep seeded that I never could explain. Somewhere along the line I decided to work on that. Not with surgeries but with training. I knew what I wanted and kept working toward that. Today I'm comfortably there. It happens without thought and is just a routine part of my day. There is a completeness to it all. Really the only time I think about it is when I come out here on DD. Otherwise it just doesn't enter my mind. I also realize that there are many people that want/need/desire this and I wish them all the best in getting what they want either by surgery or otherwise and I stand behind whatever choice they make. I also realize others may be against it or even repulsed by it and I won't judge them as I hope they will not judge me. This is a big world with plenty of room for all of us.

9 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Bettypooh

No one is bashing anyone here.

Is it harmful to remove properly functioning sphincters?  That's likely up to doctors to determine, as they are bound by the Hippocratic oath.  In this thread the doctors identified as willing to perform the surgery are in Thailand and Tunisia.  I am unaware of any doctor in more developed countries that would perform that surgery on properly functioning sphincters.

Surgery to become incontinent is pretty much a moot point anyway.  Besides trying to find a doctor who will perform the surgery, there's the cost of the surgery (not covered by insurance).  Also, as the person who got the surgery pointed out, the surgery may not work the first time, and several other surgeries may be needed (at additional costs).  I also remember a former member detailing his lengthy attempt to get his sphincter removed, and his sphincter wasn't performing properly but was causing him pain.   

Like you, I've seen numerous ABDLs over the years become despondent due to not being able to act on their diaper fetish.  But the vast majority of those were due to spouses either refusing to allow their husband act on it, or a formerly supportive spouse no longer support the husband's fetish.  I have no specific examples, but I assume at least one could have committed suicide over it, and others could have had their life shortened due to a broken heart.  But I have doubts that anyone who wore diapers 24/7 has committed suicide because they hadn't yet reached full incontinence.

A reality in most of our lives is that we will never reach that point of perfection in our lives as it relates to ABDL.  There will always be something more that we want that we can't quite achieve.  It could be that a particular diaper we wore as babies / toddlers is no longer in production, nor can a vendor recreate it.  Or it could be the reality that one must work to afford the equipment and supplies needed to be an adult baby, and during those workhours one cannot act like the baby they want to be.  Or it could be that the AB's caregiver isn't the perfect caregiver they have in mind.  Or a plethora of other issues that makes the experience not quite like the one we have in our heads.  For me, I will never be spanked in a mall, then diapered, and then made to walk around the mall in diapers.  I suppose if I had a billion dollars I could hire actors and rent a mall, but even then, it wouldn't be authentic - it would be a play.   

Nevertheless, all of us have to determine what we can live with.  As the song goes, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find you get what you need"".

From an optimistic point of view, it's always possible in the future that there will be a discovery of a substance that can cause temporary and/or reversible incontinence, or the discovery of a non-harmful method of overriding the body's control of the sphincters in order to allow incontinence.  These discoveries would likely be side effects of other issues, but that's how Viagra was discovered.

It is interesting that doctors can remove a man's penis and give him a vagina but it is against the hippocratic oath to render someone permanently incontinent.  I am glad that it is NOT common place and this is coming from someone that is trying to become unpotty trained.  For a lot of us our desires are based on sexual need and what you desire when sexual aroused can be very different after a sexual release.  Making the decision to become permanently incontinent would be like making the decision to remove your penis, something that would need to be evaluated, reevaluated, and thought about again.  At the end of the day if that is what made that person happy I am okay with that.  

My guess it would be darn near impossible to fine a Dr to do this under any circumstance. That's just not what they do. If this is something that someone wants then the best way to get it is by working for it. I know for an absolute fact that it can be done without a knife.

I don't know the history around sex reassignment surgery other than what is in Wikipedia and articles on the net, but one can take a guess that the surgery was first performed by a doctor that believed they weren't harming the patient.  As time went on, it's also likely that some doctors in the mental health fields determined that the surgery was beneficial in certain cases, which then allowed for more doctors to become willing to perform the surgery.  I also surmise there are doctors in the same field(s) as doctors that perform the surgery who will not perform the surgery for personal or religious reasons.  In fact, I bet there are still some urologists that will not perform vasectomies due to their religion (for example, Catholic).

A similar path likely would have to be traversed for elective sphincter removal surgery to become more commonplace.

1 hour ago, dyperbole said:

A similar path likely would have to be traversed for elective sphincter removal surgery to become more commonplace.

If this was more commonplace & readily available at the time I may have considered this only to speed up the process

4 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

It is interesting that doctors can remove a man's penis and give him a vagina but it is against the hippocratic oath to render someone permanently incontinent.  I am glad that it is NOT common place and this is coming from someone that is trying to become unpotty trained.  For a lot of us our desires are based on sexual need and what you desire when sexual aroused can be very different after a sexual release.  Making the decision to become permanently incontinent would be like making the decision to remove your penis, something that would need to be evaluated, reevaluated, and thought about again.  At the end of the day if that is what made that person happy I am okay with that.  

Caution - Soapbox rant -

I also find it odd that you can have things turned inside out/outside in pretty easy these days with just a simple form from a psychiatrist, but a man that hates their penis and do not want a vagina cannot just have their penis removed. 

Women can get their ovaries removed at will and removal of breasts ahead of cancer possibilities are both acceptable.  But if a man shows up and asks for a penectomy or orchidectomy, that is a show stopper.  I have very bad pain in my testicle and would gladly give it up.  I am already on T for low levels, and have all the kids I want.  My wife had a hysterectomy without issue.  I have been told by numerous doctors to the point of exhausting the list of them locally, that they will simply not remove it unless it is verified cancer.  Irony is that most doctors that suspect cancer will remove it before biopsy to avoid possible cross contamination!

The doctors want me to go on long term pain management with opioids!  What sense does that make?

I also have very painful bladder spasms that are very unrelated and unique pains in my gut.  While I am functionally incontinent at this point, I would gladly also elect for a sphincterectomy to help reduce my spasms.  I have no problem changing a diaper a few more times day to avoid these damn spasms!

I have lost other body parts like fingers and such so I can tell you from living with it that you simply learn to live without them and without very much time, it seems totally normal without them.  I have no hang ups on fixing things, even it means I will not die with what I was born with.  I will still die and would rather it be under my terms.

In the end, there is a hypocrisy (no pun intended) that some can modify their bodies with little to no concern, but others are locked out for other but similar in nature needs/wants by Dr's hiding behind the Hippocratic oath!  Healthy tissue removal is just that.  Either allow it or don't.

Sorry for the rant.

3 hours ago, joemama said:

Caution - Soapbox rant -

I also find it odd that you can have things turned inside out/outside in pretty easy these days with just a simple form from a psychiatrist, but a man that hates their penis and do not want a vagina cannot just have their penis removed. 

Women can get their ovaries removed at will and removal of breasts ahead of cancer possibilities are both acceptable.  But if a man shows up and asks for a penectomy or orchidectomy, that is a show stopper.  I have very bad pain in my testicle and would gladly give it up.  I am already on T for low levels, and have all the kids I want.  My wife had a hysterectomy without issue.  I have been told by numerous doctors to the point of exhausting the list of them locally, that they will simply not remove it unless it is verified cancer.  Irony is that most doctors that suspect cancer will remove it before biopsy to avoid possible cross contamination!

The doctors want me to go on long term pain management with opioids!  What sense does that make?

I also have very painful bladder spasms that are very unrelated and unique pains in my gut.  While I am functionally incontinent at this point, I would gladly also elect for a sphincterectomy to help reduce my spasms.  I have no problem changing a diaper a few more times day to avoid these damn spasms!

I have lost other body parts like fingers and such so I can tell you from living with it that you simply learn to live without them and without very much time, it seems totally normal without them.  I have no hang ups on fixing things, even it means I will not die with what I was born with.  I will still die and would rather it be under my terms.

In the end, there is a hypocrisy (no pun intended) that some can modify their bodies with little to no concern, but others are locked out for other but similar in nature needs/wants by Dr's hiding behind the Hippocratic oath!  Healthy tissue removal is just that.  Either allow it or don't.

Sorry for the rant.

FYI: I recently found that the constant spasms/thumping stop with THC. At least it does for me

I have a story ... Maybe. But first, thanks for necro posting to a decade old thread. I actually read the whole thread (re-read?). I actually had 8 procedures/surgeries done on my urethral tract area. 3 of them were botox into my external sphincter. 

Wait, let me back up. I was injured in the military overseas in 2002, and my urethral system got messed up. I don't like talking about the memory because I have PTSD. Just know that it was serious and I was in ICU for over a week. I had to have 3 urethral strictures removed because of scar tissue. I still couldn't pee. I had my external sphincter injected 3 times with botox every 3 months. It did not help. Eventually I had the majority of my internal sphincter surgically removed. That finally helped! I could finally empty my bladder in less than 1 minute!!! It used to take no joke, 5-20 minutes to pee. 

But it took them 8 years from the injury to finally cut my internal sphincter. By that time, my bladder had become a monster. My last urodynamics test before the surgery showed my bladder pressure during contraction to be literally off the chart. The test had no number for me because my bladder pressure was higher than their instruments measure. My doctor told me it was "astronomical", and he is the head of urology at some college in Palo Alto, and also works for the VA.

Have these operations made my life better? Hell yes! I no longer strain to pee. I no longer get kidney infections and turn green. You have no idea how painful it can be to strain to pee every day, everytime. I did end up incontinent and the VA kindly provides me with Confidrys. When they cut my internal sphincter, combined with my insane bladder pressure, and combined with the fact that my external sphincter was on botox for 9 months, after they cut my sphincter in 2009 ish, I have been diaper dependent ever since. My bladder being as hypertrophied as it was/is, it has shrunk since my last surgery a decade ago to the point where I can not even flood a Goodnite on my fullest bladder. I can hold at max only 4-5 ounces and thats not much. 

But here is what is interesting. I have been a life long DL. I knew my body was not working right. I knew I could become incontinent from these procedures. I still did them, and am glad I did! My doctors generally leave me alone now about wearing diapers. They told me that my only other option is to get a belly bag with an artificial tube to my bladder. Umm, no thank you. 

As a life long DL, I rather easily slipped into the diapered lifestyle. There may have been other more invasive options I could have pursued like the Interstim (hell no). But I was actually a little (lot) happy to find I was diaper dependent. Some people want to be President, all I ever wanted was to wear diapers again. I am living my dream haha. 

The OP was smart not to screw up his body when it wasn't necessary. I had no choice, yet am one out of a million who was happy with becoming incontinent. I don't really like how some people responded to the OP with anger. Incontinence isn't the end of the world. I became incontinent at 30 now 40. I prefer my life today vs. before when it was a 10 minute ritual of pain to pee. I have a loving partner/caregiver who is totally accepting of me and I wouldn't give this life up for anything! I'm kind of rambling now, and kind of high, so signing off diaper friends.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, XyXy said:

I don't really like how some people responded to the OP with anger.

I personally understand how the OP's needs for incontinence were/are so strong. I hope he finally found a way to get there. It truly was something he needed. It can be all consuming.

20 hours ago, dyperbole said:

No one is bashing anyone here.

Is it harmful to remove properly functioning sphincters?  That's likely up to doctors to determine, as they are bound by the Hippocratic oath. 

There has been something close to bashing when you see it from the position of a Mod applying the special rules of this forum. Hence my mentioning those as a reminder, for I truly do not enjoy having to do any ' official' work here. 

As to the oath, it says many things including that you will treat anyone needing that, but go try getting treatment without money or insurance. Ain't gonna happen with almost all of them  unless you're nearly dead, and then they act only because laws make them do it and a hospital pays for their time then. No, they don't follow their oath. And there's the Mental health involved too- that is why some doctors will remove and alter genetalia and other body parts which are functioning perfectly, or do cosmetic surgeries when no disease is present. With SRS there is a set standard for determining who can have it that includes the mental health aspects. It would be very wise to have something similar here, but this is even rarer so that likely will not happen anytime soon.

I know of someone who was not a TS that got an Orchidectomy, and I've heard of a couple others. It took them many years to find the right doctors to have this done. I know f no simple Penectomy's but you can get it enlarged even if it isn't small. This is pretty much what TS's had to do in earlier times, and it's known as "Doctor Shopping". There has been mention of how any surgeon who would do these things might be substandard somehow, but that isn't often the case. I think that comes from people thinking that medicine where they are is the best, and elsewhere can't be as good, and that is a rather absurd view to have. There are great and rotten people in every field of work in every nation, and medicine is no different. Laws and Medical societies are different in different places, which can force folks to travel to get surgeries like these. Those doctors can be as good as can be found anywhere. And here in the Us there have been many cases where incompetent doctors and surgeons have caused deaths for years before action was taken against them. I recall hearing of one who had received several commendations form the AMA at first, but on investigation they discovered he'd never graduated Med school- they couldn't even spot a fake among their own kind. Yeah, we're as substandard as all the rest.

Since there is a lacking of a diagnostic and treatment path with sphincterectomys nobody can say for certain what may be right or wrong about it. All we can really do is try to help those wanting it to understand fully what incontinence is like and make sure they both understand that and that they have spent enough time in diapers themselves to be able to life this life without excessive problems. It probably should be heavily discouraged so as to ensure that the person truly has no other path available to them and that an absolute need exists, since we don't want anyone to make a permanent irreversible mistake. But we must remember that for a few, there is a true need for this and we should support those folks as best we can. It's not about me, it's not about you- it's about them.

Bettypooh

8 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

There has been something close to bashing when you see it from the position of a Mod applying the special rules of this forum. Hence my mentioning those as a reminder, for I truly do not enjoy having to do any ' official' work here. 

Perhaps you can point out specific examples for us to learn what is considered "close to bashing".  You first pointed this out not long after one of my posts, so there's a chance you considered my post to be guilty of this.  If so, I'd like to know.  You can send it as a direct message if you prefer to keep this on topic.

As to the oath, it says many things including that you will treat anyone needing that, but go try getting treatment without money or insurance. Ain't gonna happen with almost all of them  unless you're nearly dead, and then they act only because laws make them do it and a hospital pays for their time then. No, they don't follow their oath. 

There are doctors in my area that perform pro bono work on weekends in under-served communities.  My wife volunteers around once a month with them, and the doctors she works with change pretty much every time.  So yes, there are doctors that completely follow the oath.  Virtually every doctor I know works long hours and has to see a large number of patients every day.  They don't check a person's ability to pay -- what they care about is the patient in front of them.  We are not going to be able to fix the financing issues in the US health care system in a post on a diaper fetish board, so I'll leave it at that. 

I know of someone who was not a TS that got an Orchidectomy, and I've heard of a couple others. It took them many years to find the right doctors to have this done. I know f no simple Penectomy's but you can get it enlarged even if it isn't small. This is pretty much what TS's had to do in earlier times, and it's known as "Doctor Shopping". There has been mention of how any surgeon who would do these things might be substandard somehow, but that isn't often the case. I think that comes from people thinking that medicine where they are is the best, and elsewhere can't be as good, and that is a rather absurd view to have. There are great and rotten people in every field of work in every nation, and medicine is no different. Laws and Medical societies are different in different places, which can force folks to travel to get surgeries like these. Those doctors can be as good as can be found anywhere. And here in the Us there have been many cases where incompetent doctors and surgeons have caused deaths for years before action was taken against them. I recall hearing of one who had received several commendations form the AMA at first, but on investigation they discovered he'd never graduated Med school- they couldn't even spot a fake among their own kind. Yeah, we're as substandard as all the rest.

It's not my view that the doctors in developed countries are better than ones in less developed countries.  A quick check of my insurance's preferred provider list will show that many of them came from less developed countries to work in the US.  But doctors working in less developed countries have more freedom to perform unusual surgeries.  As for "many" doctors in the US causing death for years, let's see some actual numbers. The ones I am familiar with cause death by prescribing opioids, which are then filled on site by a pharmacist.  These opioids can kill when the patient overdoses, or the pills are sold on the street to addicts who overdose.  

Even then, context is important.  A doctor that works in an inner city emergency room likely will have more patients die than a podiatrist.  Or an oncologist will likely have more patients die than a dermatologist.  This was probably hyperbole on your part, but if you actually believe every single doctor in the US is substandard, then why ask them to perform any surgeries at all?  

As for the doctor with out a license, my Google-fu isn't finding this case.  I see the one where an 18 year old was working at some holistic birthing clinic, I see one where a Miami man running a clinic didn't have a license, and I see that India is having a problem with doctors with fake licenses.  I'd like to see the case you are referring to -- if you have any further info (state, time frame, etc) or a link, I'd appreciate it.  

Since there is a lacking of a diagnostic and treatment path with sphincterectomys nobody can say for certain what may be right or wrong about it. All we can really do is try to help those wanting it to understand fully what incontinence is like and make sure they both understand that and that they have spent enough time in diapers themselves to be able to life this life without excessive problems. It probably should be heavily discouraged so as to ensure that the person truly has no other path available to them and that an absolute need exists, since we don't want anyone to make a permanent irreversible mistake. But we must remember that for a few, there is a true need for this and we should support those folks as best we can. It's not about me, it's not about you- it's about them.

True.  And apparently there are at least two doctors in the world willing to perform the surgery.  So if anyone who wants to remove their urethra and/or their anal sphincters, it can happen.  

I can say that i 've never seen such a discussion where everybody can explain their point of view wihout being shooted and killed by those who doesn't share your point of view.
Really impressed by daily diapers forum (it"s amazing compared to ABKingdom (a french place for ABDL lovers)

So,

My experience
I' yet explained how i became incontinent voluntary.
It have been a long process of introspection of myslelf (me and i) ?

When i get the green light for sphincterotomy, i needed to be sure it was the right decision.
Not really to take this decision even if i was convinced it was the right way.

By the way i had to fight against my worst fear : flight plane.

With  the help of Nathy (my girlfriend) i arrived to overcome this phobia.
Unfortunately it took much more time than expected (certainly to experience my goal)
now i can say it's a dream come true.
On work or when we go outdoor i choose discreet disposable diapers and the rest of the time (at home or for dreaming i use cloth diapers)
since the last OP (May 2014) i'm very very happy of this situation.
My own doctor is aware about that and there's no trouble.
I live the life i always wanted to live and it fits to me.
Nathan

remind of my previous post : 

• Like 1