LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Asking

hey, im a new poster here. i just have a question.

i just recently broke my leg and am at home. But my house is so crowded that its hard to get around. So a person like me with IBS, no insurance and no pills for it. has a dilemia.

so heres my question, how do you think my parents would react if i asked them if i could get some depend diapers, just incase. Because with a broken leg hidding them is really out of the question.

and besides depends, does anyone know any good diapers that walmart offers?.

thanks in advance

-durp.

The Assurance brand at Wal-mart are a great pullup. Not shure how that would go with your leg. Their tape on diapers are about the same as a depneds, junk.

As for your point, not being about to get the bathroom and all, its a good point but only you know your folks. The may find it strange.

Good luck with it.

The assurance adjustable breifs (tape on) , are just as good if not better than a depends, as long as you use a stuffer, I wear them everyday if you don't use a stuffer they will leak after about 2 good wettings.

But with a stuffer you can get about 6 hours out of them, before they begin to leak about 5 good wettings for me.

I'm useing washable stuffers made from microfiber hand towels, I wash them and hang to dry and they dry in a short time in this hot weather.

But you have to see what works better for you, for the price I like the assurance, under 9 bucks for 20.

I wear Assurance without stuffers, and they don't leak too often for me. They normally last at least a few hours, and a few wettings. I used to leak all the time, but then I figured out how to get it good and tight around the legs and leak guards. Not too tight, just tight enough that they don't leak. Assurance are definitely better than Depends, AND cheaper.

As for asking your parents, you have a good reason to need them. It's not an outrageous thing. You have a medical condition, and your mobility is down due to a broken leg, so I feel asking for diapers would be appropriate. The hard question to ask would be asking for a change.

i just recently broke my leg and am at home. But my house is so crowded that its hard to get around. So a person like me with IBS, no insurance and no pills for it. has a dilemia.

so heres my question, how do you think my parents would react if i asked them if i could get some depend diapers, just incase. Because with a broken leg hidding them is really out of the question.

thanks in advance

-durp.

I would it would be a "shitty" excuse to be in a diaper.. Take in mind that cleaning up a messy diaper takes more physical work than getting up and navigating a cluttered house to make it to the bathroom. If you don't HAVE to, I'd recommend against it. :)

Ooooooh, that sucks. I broke my leg when I was 14, and whenever I hear about someone who wants to lose their ability to walk for AB purposes, I just want to smack them upside the head.

During the first week after the incident, my mom actually WANTED me to wear diapers. This was long before I'd come to terms with being an AB/DL (or had learned such a community existed, for that matter), and I wanted to keep what little dignity I had left, so I just laughed off the suggestion. So, no, wearing diapers when your mobility is limited isn't unheard of.

I agree with DiaperboyMKE--while it seems like wearing diapers would add some much-needed convenience to your life right now, I think you'd find yourself much more miserable being in pain, itching under your cast AND feeling wet, dirty and stinky. Ask your family if they can't re-arrange the furniture temporarily to make access easier for you. But if you really want diapers, go for it--I'd call this a legitimate, "normal" reason to wear them, and I'm sure your parents wouldn't find it suspicious.

diaperboymike, its not like i reallly want to use them, but ive already had a couple little accidents just getting around the house to the bathroom. I broke my leg in a couple places playing football with my friends, and i was advised by the doctor at the emergency room, to try to stay off of it and horizontal as much as possible, in order not to move out of place the bones that i was lucky enough to keep in place, and break them at the same time.

my problem is how to go around asking if its ok to use them. i would not be asking for help changing, becuase i think i could manage that on my own.

and also, does anyone know where to buy adult plastic pants in stores. which stores sell them? and how much are they normally?.

thank you all for your help, its just that it seems that the less i move and excersie, the worse my IBS gets.

I remember in the summer of '95 breaking my ankle... it was NOT fun... it was miserable.. it was hot and humid... one of the hottest summers we have had in a long time... figures.... I wasn't into diapers back then so I never thought about having them, if I was into them then and was at home, I don't know if I would have the nerve or the desire to be wearing them in front of my family.... so I guess you have to be very brave and comfortable w/ your family to suggest such a thing....Our house has 4 (a basement, main floor, bedroom floor, attic) floors to it... I spent the entire summer on a couch in the tv room on the third floor (bedroom floor)... I couldn't even sleep in my own bed because it was a waterbed and too hard to get out of w/ a cast on... lol...what was worse is that the bathtub on the third floor was one of those antique claw tubs so there was no way i was getting in and out of that one with a cast on...so I would have to go to the main floor bathroom to take a bath. I had to get my mom to help me on many occassions, just getting in and out... that was embarrassing enough that I think having the diapers would make the situation even worse.

So I guess if I can do it without diapers then you should be able to buck up and do it as well....lol

Just some general advice, based on my one-legged experience:

- Get a hose attachment for your shower head, and put a stool in the shower so you can sit down.

- Better yet, if you're like me and only had the cast up to your knee, take a bath, with the broken leg draped outside the tub.

- Learn how to scoot up and down the stairs on your butt.

- Rent a wheelchair (insurance might pay for it, actually--I don't remember what the case was with mine). Crutches get very tiring.

- Keep wiggling and flexing your toes, and moving every muscle you can. This way you minimize muscle atrophy, and rehabilitation after the cast is removed will be much easier.

- Bring a pillow with you EVERYWHERE. I always needed extra support for my knee and thigh when I sat down.

- If your leg starts hurting like crazy and you feel a pulsing sensation, GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, because you're swelling to the point where the cast is too tight and might be cutting off circulation. That happened to me the night after my surgery--they had to split my cast open.

does it have to be wal-mart? I mean, ya know, great prices and an uber annoying bouncing smiley face that they've gotten rid of, but why not order some off the net? Like the good kind...like abena or molicare or stuff like that. It might seem more expensive but in the long run, you might need less changes and find something thats more comfortable.

diaperboymike, its not like i reallly want to use them, but ive already had a couple little accidents just getting around the house to the bathroom. I broke my leg in a couple places playing football with my friends, and i was advised by the doctor at the emergency room, to try to stay off of it and horizontal as much as possible, in order not to move out of place the bones that i was lucky enough to keep in place, and break them at the same time.

my problem is how to go around asking if its ok to use them. i would not be asking for help changing, becuase i think i could manage that on my own.

and also, does anyone know where to buy adult plastic pants in stores. which stores sell them? and how much are they normally?.

thank you all for your help, its just that it seems that the less i move and excersie, the worse my IBS gets.

I got a nice pair of vinyl pants from www.babykins.com. Make sure you get them in your size. As for stores you'd find around town, I don't know of any that sells incontinence gear like plastic pants. Also, in response to the most recent comment on ordering good diapers online, I should have a review on the new Dry 24/7, later this week. They're supposed to be the new best diaper on the market, so I'm very excited. They're rated for 10 hours, and would be perfect for your situation.

Also, though people may not like the idea of changing messy diapers, it's still cleaner than cleaning up accidents when there is no diaper. I think this all really comes down to following doctors orders and preventing messes. If you don't let a broken leg set and heal, it won't heal properly. And, if it doesn't heal properly, there's a chance the only solution is getting the joint fused, and he'll never play football again, or walk right. I honestly don't think he's just looking for a flaky reason to wear diapers. I think he has a legitimate reason to wear them. I think he's looking out for his best interests, and IMO, I find that rather mature and thought through.

I say go for the nuturing parent. Be it mom or dad, Hop/hobble/limp to a room without anyone else being able to hear you, Then just buck up and ask them to buy you a pack so you can "give them a try".

explain the facts, leg hurts, IBS and all it just makes the right decision no matter what the embarassment level is.

if they say no, then no harm done, if they say ok, tell them what size you think you need.

If the straight on approach won't work, try the sneeky one, wait until you know someone will walk in the room and have the depends website on the monitor http://www.depend.com/products/individual/fitted.asp when asked about what your looking at, tell them you thought it might help keep things cleaner and neater

man, I feel for ya, dude.

Last summer I broke my left tib and fib both, about 4 inches above the ankle, and for the first few weeks, it was a pain in the ass trying to go to the bathroom.

I had surgery that required a titanium rod through the bigger bone, and three screws, then stilted my leg up and gave me an aircast, and crutches.

Knowing what it's like to have to deal with a broken leg, your best bet would be to stay away from any pull-up....

- Get a hose attachment for your shower head, and put a stool in the shower so you can sit down.

- Better yet, if you're like me and only had the cast up to your knee, take a bath, with the broken leg draped outside the tub.

Yeah. I had two lawn chairs. One to sit on and one to prop my leg on outside the shower. Didnt work out to badly, til it felt like my broken leg was settling on the chair, making it feel like it was bending...

thanks in advance

-durp.

Mmm....I think it is time you talked to your parents about the hard to get around part...and asked if you could have diapers or something so you didn't have to worry about tripping over all the stuff when you need to pee. The other alternative is a urinal, which may or may not be practical depending on how much moving about you are doing.

Good luck!