LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Warm Weather Diaper Idea

Guest diaperdoctor

Guest diaperdoctor

In winter I used to keep my diaper girl in cloth diapers, snap-on plastic pants, a tee shirt, and little booties or socks. But we found that as the weather warmed up, we needed to make some changes. Since my diaper girl usually spends evenings and weekends in diapers, we tried different things. First, we put the plastic pants away until next winter, because they are too hot and my little girl is prone to rashes in the diaper area. We also put away the booties and socks and she either wears flip flops or, usually, just goes barefoot. We started using belted adult diapers, which are much, much cooler than cloth diapers. They are also much skimpier. When my baby girl walks past, I can stop her and slip my fingers into her Depends to be sure she's dry. We use the Depends with the sticky tabs instead of the buttons.

We also enjoy medical role playing, and I have built a changing table / exam table in our nursery. I particularly enjoy giving my baby girl checkups at least once a week, and the very best part is unfastening those tabs and lowering her diaper to begin an unhurried examination of her entire genital and rectal areas.

Anyway, now that it's really hot weather, we found a new idea. I bought one of those Protex sanitary belts and some tabbed (hospital-type) sanitary napkins. Now, on hot days, I put her in her little sanitary belt with a pad. She stays cool and feels almost naked. It's a pleasure to put her into the sanitary belt after a thorough checkup.

Has anyone else tried sanitary belts in place of diapers in hot weather?

You can look up depends belted garments, it's just sort of a belt with a diaper material attached the go's between your legs.

Sanitary Napkins is what they used to call kotex pads for women, from what I remember anyhow.

Guest diaperdoctor

The sanitary pad isn't designed to be as absorbent as a diaper. The hospital-type pads are advertised to hold about 8 ounces of liquid. We like the sanitary belt and pad in warm weather because she can be "nearly naked" while still wearing a garment. The sanitary belt has two short straps coming down from the waist band, one in front and one in back. Each of these two short straps has a plastic ring. The hospital-type sanitary pads, or sanitary napkins as they are sometimes called, have tabs which can be tied through the rings to hold the pad in place while it is being worn. I have found that instead of tieing the pads to the rings I can use diaper pins. This adds to the infantile feelings.

My girl never messes her diapers or her sanitary pads, although she sometimes dribbles a little pee in them, and occasionally has an accident. During her periods she depends on me to take care of her menstrual needs, so I've become quite handy at knowing when and how to do that. When she is flowing, I keep a tampon in her and she always wears a Depends diaper. As her period winds down, I switch her over to the sanitary bely and sanitary pad and keep her in snap-on plastic or rubber panties until she's over her period.

She looks so sweet wearing her sanitary belt and pad. When she stands in front of me, all I see is the little whtre waist band with the strap coming down in the front. I can just see the top end of the sanitary napkin as the strap disappears between her labia. From the rear, the strap goes down between her butt cheeks and I can just see the napkin peeking out. As I said earlier, in this warm weather that's about all she wears around the house on weekends.

• 3 weeks later...