LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Enjoy Being Incontinent?

I developed permanent bladder-control problems as the result of a surgical misadventure when I was 14 years old. I'm 74 now. So I've been dealing with these issues for a long time. Since the mishap, I've never been dry at night; and I've been in diapers 24/7/365 for going-on 30 years now. I don't flaunt my need to wear a diaper, but I also don't go to great lengths to hide the fact. For example, I work out regularly at the gym, and the fact that I'm wearing a diaper is obvious to anyone who cares

In the beginning, absolutely no! I didn't enjoy it, later I started to accept it, but only after numerous failed attempts with medication and a surgery to sort it out. In the end I accepted diapers as the best way to deal with my incontinence. And we'll I started enjoying the freedom I got back again with the extra add, that now I don't have to worry about my bladder acting up on me anymore, I simply go in my diaper whenever I need to regardless of where I am. So in a sense you can say I now enjoy being incontinent or at least am not bothered with it anymore. Nighttime also involves a good nights sleep well protected and soaked in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been incontinent since 1998 due to injuries from an accident. I struggled with it for several years. I didn't want to accept or believe it at first. I was angry. I thought I would lose my sanity and came close to doing so multiple times. I finally decided that I was not going to let it ruin my life. After a great deal of trial and error I found a way of managing my incontinence that I could live with. Over the years I have gotten so I seldom give it much thought as it has become just another something that I deal with on a daily basis. I occasionally get down about my lack of bladder control but I don't dwell on it for long. Do I wish that I wasn't incontinent? Most definitely yes but that is not an option and life goes on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/19/2018 at 8:24 AM, stevewet said:

I thoroughly enjoy being incontinent and dependant on nappies 24/7

Same feeling. Diapers are so much better than underwear. I am glad I surrendered what little control I had left. My painful bladder and ibs wore me out, and diapers relieved all that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 10:15 PM, Newbee said:

Nope I absolutely hate it I’m still hoping the doctors can do something about it

Same to me. It's defiantly a big different if you wet your self for fun - or because you can't hold it. Luckily I make it to overcome my IC at last mostly for the daytime. How ever it still sucks and I hate it if I wet myself in the night or when I _have_ to where pads or diapers when it's uncertain if a toilet is in reach. I'm still a DL and I still have sometimes fun with diapers (even if it's not that frequent anymore as before of the starting of my IC). How ever - the point is - I like to have the control over it - and it really sucks if a part of your body doesn't work as expected anymore. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mick_dl said:

Same to me. It's defiantly a big different if you wet your self for fun - or because you can't hold it. Luckily I make it to overcome my IC at last mostly for the daytime. How ever it still sucks and I hate it if I wet myself in the night or when I _have_ to where pads or diapers when it's uncertain if a toilet is in reach. I'm still a DL and I still have sometimes fun with diapers (even if it's not that frequent anymore as before of the starting of my IC). How ever - the point is - I like to have the control over it - and it really sucks if a part of your body doesn't work as expected anymore. 

I 100% agree with you.  I am not incontinent but I do like to wear diapers now and then as a DL.  I would hate it if I had no choice or control of the situation.  I like wearing diapers now and then, but on my terms when I chose to do so for fun, not 24/7 for need.

I have always had a weak bladder. I have wet the bed most of my life. I was a chronic wetter until my early 20's and even after that I have had episodes of bedwetting that came and went throughout my adult life. It wasn't really that much of a shock when I became incontinent in my late 40's. What surprised me how quickly I accepted and then just embraced my need for nappies and the fat that I was incontinent.

Now over 6 years on and I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of this lifestyle and have no regrets whatsoever. I realise this is not the case for most people but I guess I am very lucky to feel this way and have the total support of my wife who was the one who told me to stop being miserable. and get on with life.

• Like 1

BabyZangoose  asked the question 'Do you enjoy being incontinent?'

Surprissingly, it really depends on who answers the question on what the answer would be, but to get a true answer, the only people that can answer this is those who used to be continent and have a point to refer to. Those of us who, due to some reason, were never toilet trained, really have nothing to compare to. It is like asking the question "do you enjoy breathing". Without a point of reference, one can not answer that.

The 'incontinent' question is similar, for most of us, to 'do you enjoy walking / standing up' - Yes, it is faster to walk than it is to crawl and one can reach higher surfaces etc, but in reality, all it is is one adapting to the different way. This is similar to wearing and using diapers. Diapers are just underwear. If we compare 'wearing and using diapers to not (for those who have a choice) it looks like this:-

Wearing & Using Diapers Not Wearing & Using Diapers
Can void anytime Need bathroom for planned voiding
Sleep is not disturbed Need to wake to void
Healty digestive system Retention of waste can cause secondary issues
Usually better organised due to need / adaption to circumstances -
Diaper changes take time Bathroom use is realitively fast
Attention required towards cleanliness -

In simple terms, diaper use is adaption to circumstance, and we, as humans are masters at adapting to whatever need is required. We do complain, but I have found that complaining about life is a waste of time, energy and of no gain.

In my humble opininon, those people who become incontinent due to life (disease / injury etc) and that complain, are acting very immature. Life itself is not a rehersal. We have the ability to adapt and make the best of what we are dealt.

In direct answer to Baby Zangose's question - do I enjoy being incontinent - since there is nothing I can do about it to change it (remember - for most, incontinence is a symptom of another problem, and usually that problem is not repairable), AND that I intend to enjoy my life - YES I DO.

I have read the prior posts, and have talked to numerous other people in relation to incontinence. Once people accept the fact that they are diaper dependent - life can move on, and they can continue to enjoy their life. Enjoying incontinence is all about accepting oneself. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, babykeiff said:

BabyZangoose  asked the question 'Do you enjoy being incontinent?'

Surprissingly, it really depends on who answers the question on what the answer would be, but to get a true answer, the only people that can answer this is those who used to be continent and have a point to refer to. Those of us who, due to some reason, were never toilet trained, really have nothing to compare to. It is like asking the question "do you enjoy breathing". Without a point of reference, one can not answer that.

The 'incontinent' question is similar, for most of us, to 'do you enjoy walking / standing up' - Yes, it is faster to walk than it is to crawl and one can reach higher surfaces etc, but in reality, all it is is one adapting to the different way. This is similar to wearing and using diapers. Diapers are just underwear. If we compare 'wearing and using diapers to not (for those who have a choice) it looks like this:-

Wearing & Using Diapers Not Wearing & Using Diapers
Can void anytime Need bathroom for planned voiding
Sleep is not disturbed Need to wake to void
Healty digestive system Retention of waste can cause secondary issues
Usually better organised due to need / adaption to circumstances -
Diaper changes take time Bathroom use is realitively fast
Attention required towards cleanliness -

In simple terms, diaper use is adaption to circumstance, and we, as humans are masters at adapting to whatever need is required. We do complain, but I have found that complaining about life is a waste of time, energy and of no gain.

In my humble opininon, those people who become incontinent due to life (disease / injury etc) and that complain, are acting very immature. Life itself is not a rehersal. We have the ability to adapt and make the best of what we are dealt.

In direct answer to Baby Zangose's question - do I enjoy being incontinent - since there is nothing I can do about it to change it (remember - for most, incontinence is a symptom of another problem, and usually that problem is not repairable), AND that I intend to enjoy my life - YES I DO.

I have read the prior posts, and have talked to numerous other people in relation to incontinence. Once people accept the fact that they are diaper dependent - life can move on, and they can continue to enjoy their life. Enjoying incontinence is all about accepting oneself. 

I couldn't have put it so well that is just a fantastic summary of my thoughts entirely. 

On 10/8/2018 at 6:14 PM, babykeiff said:

Hmm... 

1) Incontinence is a symtom... Agreed. But a lot of the underlaying problems are treatable. So what would you, do if you boss tell's you "Sorry you have to work double for the half wage" would you accept it or would you search for a new job? It's the same with IC. - Ok there are circumstances where the underlying problem is not "repairable" - but as long as there is no proof at last I would search for a way of "repair". 

2) If there is no way to "repair" it: There is still big a difference to accept what you can not change and enjoy your live as best as you can, or to love what had causes your problems. In exactly this way I would understand the question. I'm sure you can be happy with IC and have a fulfilled live without loving it. It's just a part of you as your arm or you feed - nothing special. 

3) I understand that this is a ABDL side - and if someone from the community make it to fulfil his deepest wish to become IC and he/she is happy with it - also a couple of years later - my gratulations! But to be honest -I'm pretty sure that this is not the majority of IC's and most likely even not of the DL IC's

So I would say to everyone who search for an excuse not to search for the underlaying problem and is clandestinely happy that he/she finally make it: Hey - think twice - you're walking on a pretty dangerous path and no one in the world would be able to bring that back what you try to throw away. Be kind to your body - because he's who keeps you alive... 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mick_dl said:

1) Incontinence is a symtom... Agreed. But a lot of the underlaying problems are treatable.

Mick_dl,

you are completely correct in the fact that a lot of the underlaying problems are treatable, but you seem to gloss over the type of treatment available.

Most, if not all of the issues that cause incontinence are treated by managing the symptoms, not curing the original problem - incontinence being one of the symptoms. Why - cause medically trained know that it is easier to manage the symptom rather that cure the problem. Most problems that cause incontinence are not repairable. Also, the ones that are, take so long to repair, the symptom of incontinence - the body adapting to a need - causes a secondary, problem - athrophy of the muscles related to continence. This athrophy is easily seen by one who has broken a bone and has had to use a cast / someway to imobilise the limb during healing. Due to the fact that the limb muscles have not been used, the muscles are re-absorbed and requires phisio to excersise the muscle to regain the strength in the limb. How does one excersise an autonomic muscle function (internal / external sphincters) when the body has decided not to use same and/or release ones bladder/bowels without concious intervention.

In my case, there is nothing wrong with my nerves and/or sphincters. Still, my body chooses to release same without telling me. From tests, it is within my dna to be incontinent. How do you suggest repairing that?

Continence is a matter of controlled conscious retention and requires complex management and control of multiple muscles and nerves. One of the first things we learnt was to void. A newborn baby voids as soon as the stretch sensors of its bladder signal. As a result, lying down, a baby will void a full bladder only. While sitting / standing, the babys bladder never fully fills before it voids. This is the autonomic system in action. When toilet trained, we are taught to 'hold it'.... ie close external sphincter and let bladder expand. This requires numerous inputs and control... and all it needs is one of them to stop or become spotty to become bladder incontinent. Once one starts wetting by reflex, the body adapts very quickly, stops focusing on retention, stops producing the chemical to reabsorb urine overnight. As a result, daytime bladder control issues rapidly become 24/7/365 bladder issues. Same question to you - how to you expect to repair that. The original problem may be fixed at this stage, but the person now has 24/7/365 bladder leakage. The sphincter has atrophied, the bladder walls have thickened and the body is no longer producing vasperoin. As a result, the time between wetting has dropped to every 20-30 mins 24/7/365. If the person was 3-5 year old, toilet training might work ie letting the person run around with only a t-shirt on, a potty in the corner of the room, reminding the person to use the potty every 20 mins.!  Let us try that with an adult who is in a job ! Do you really think that is feasible?

Yes, you are completely correct - incontinence can be treated and, in some cases, cured.... but what adult has 1-2+ years of their life to get re-toilet trained. Also, there is absolutely no guarentees here. Everyone is different.

The body does not reabsorb urine overnight.  Once urine is produced and leaves the kidneys, it can no longer be absorbed.  Overnight, you are not taking in any fluids, so the kidneys produce a more concentrated urine to not cause the volume of fluid in your bloodstream to drop.  That's super simplified, but corrects the notion that anything is reabsorbed once it hits the bladder.

When I first got my incontinence 30 years ago I didn´t knew that it was something I could get used too but I later tried to learn my living with it and during that time I discovered a brand new kind of fetish I did not had before. When I first got my incontinence 30 years ago I didn´t knew that it was something I could get used too but I later tried to learn me living with it and during that time I discovered a brand new kind of fetish I did not had before. I also discovered that I had a very good reason to use different diapers and pee in them really properly. Today I am very happy I have my urgency incontinence because there´s so much possibilities to play pee games with all these different kind of diapers there are out on the market. I also discovered that I had a very good reason to use different diapers and pee in them really properly. Today I am very happy I have my urgency incontinence because there´s so much possibilities to have fun entertainment games with all these different kind of diapers there are out on the market and at the same time feel a brand new level of sexual stimulus. This is a choise I ´ve made myself and I have so many fun ritually games with the diapers and I can use my imagination so I´ll never ever regret it.

IMG_20180217_001819.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Can be a pain at times but there are three up sides to being incontinent like not waiting in quietus for toilets or having to get up out of your seat in a cinema. Then there are the downsides like rashes, lakes, outdoor control etc. But actually yes I prefer being incontinent I deal with it on a day to day basis and I deal with the ever changing rate of flow that I get. Someday is a drip and other days its a flow and requires a lot more changes. 

• Like 1

HECK no i HATE it   and im  Chronically  Severe Total  Double MIX IC  and how anyone could wish for this  living nightmare is beyond  me to to be honest  .  But i  rather  embrace this  diapers  and al the rest  needed  then the  alternative              

• Like 1