LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pamper's Diapers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So has anyone tried the new Pampers Cruisers with the "3-Way" fit. I personally think they're quite good. Anyone else with thoughts?

Yes, I not only have reported on trying 3-Way Fit Cruisers, I have been using those as slip-in disposable pads since late May 2011. Although I did recently see a bag of 3-Way Size 7, I did not buy any. I do buy Size 4 Cruisers in massive quantities,

The Sizes 3 and 4 make use of the Pampers Swaddlers quilted acquisition layer, so they are ultra soft. Compared to Cruiser DryMax, the 3-Way Fit are slightly thinner and more flexible. The absorbent core is a bit longer. Even using the Carlos Richer capacity testing protocol I find no difference in total capacity, functional capacity and speed of acquisition.

Before starting to use the Size 4 3-Way as weekday slip-in pads I wore them on 3 successive weekends, often continuing wearing one beyond my usual time limit to determine my own functional capacity. Because I find the 3-Way Fit to be more comfortable in Size 4, I often will continue wearing one 3:15 hours instead of my personal 3:00 hours limit with DryMax.

Last evening I went shopping at the Pasadena Target Store on Colorado Blvd for Pampers Extra Protection, Size 4. BTW, those now are made in sizes 3 to 6. All of those were stocked by Target in cartons. Size 4 are a carton of 68 for USA $19.76 plus California sales tax of 8.75%, which works out to $0.318 each. This has been the price at Target this summer. Extra Protection are the same size as Cruisers, with the absorbent core running the entire length. While a Size 4 3-way last me 3:15 hours, the Size 4 EO lasts 4:15+ hours. I wear these during times of day I need longer between changes.

What was so special at Target last evening was that they have Size 4 Cruisers 3-Way Fit in cartons of 128 for USA$35.00, plus sales tax, but the carton includes a coupon for a $4.50 savings on the next shopping trip. This deal reduces the cost per diaper to $0.26 each.

So to get the savings, I bought 3 of the large Cruiser cartons, plus 4 cartons of EP. I took all of that out to my car where I opened the Cruiser cartons to remove the coupons. Without moving my car I took those coupons back into the store and used them to buy 3 more cartons of 128 Cruisers, a total of 768. That is about 40 weeks of Cruisers for me, and a savings of USA$46.00

The official Pampers website just added Extra Protection, so it could be soon Target will not be the only chair selling those. I do comparison shop. Up to now I have usually bought Cruisers at my local supermarket using coupons. At least last evening Target had lower diaper prices than any other chain.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a survay at the Procter & Gamble website. If you take the survay, it asks about making pampers in adult sizes. Make your voice heard!

Goto:

Procter and Gamble

Once on that page, go 1/3 of the way down the page on the right hand side and under the heading "More Stuff" click on "Tell us what you think about Pampers?"

Take the survay and answer the questions regarding making pampers in adult sizes. I've checked it a few times and they change the wording a little from week to week, but maybe we're getting through to them.

Ah Pampers, something that covered my bottom until 4

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have a bit of a question. I have a number of pictures from a site called DiaperGal and my absolute favorites are the ones where the model is definitely wearing Pampers. They look both modern and extremely cute at the same time. Is there any specific name for the Pampers that have light blue spots on them and a sort of "curve line" throughout them? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

dg1885-15.jpg

Thanks. I'm not an expert on diapers, but I'd like to know so that if I ever get into actually wearing then I'll know what to buy.

• Like 1

Those are neither Pampers Cruisers 3-Way Stretch nor Pampers Extra Protection, both of which use a different cartoon.

Obviously the tabs are connected using a length of tape of something so the disposable can fit around the hips of the model.

She wearing (European) Pampers Baby Dry size 6. The tapes of this diaper are really stretchy, so without extension they will fit on a smaller adult. In other sets where Faye is wearing adult diapers, she is wearing the S Size. For example the S(mall) size of Tena Slip is for a hip size of 65 - 85 cm and the Abena Abri-Form Small is for a hip size of 60-80 cm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone bought a recent pack of pampers underjams? Do they still rip at the sides or did they fix this issue?
It's my understanding that P&G still hasn't fixed this problem. Judging by the fact that parents are still complaining about accidentally ripping UnderJams with their fingernails when helping their children into or out of them, I'd think that P&G would have made solving this issue a priority. Most stores in my area have drastically reduced shelf space for UnderJams because parents aren't buying them, and it wouldn't surprise me if this is part of the reason why.

So they still have not fixed this!? I'm really surprised, as many complaints they recieved I too, thought they would have done something about it.
From what I understand, P&G hasn't done anything to improve the sides. UnderJams were first introduced in 2007, the graphics were updated in 2008 and every subsequent year since then. (We may still be on the 2011 graphics though--I haven't had the chance to check yet.) Not once has P&G done anything to the sides when they've updated the graphics, and both major and minor design revisions are known to accompany graphics updates.

I have to wonder how well UnderJams are selling, because they're becoming increasingly difficult to find in my area. One of my grocery stores cleared a huge chunk of shelf space for UnderJams in 2007 when they were a new product. (KCWW had to be furious, because the shelf space was previously occupied almost entirely by GoodNites.) By the time 2008 rolled around, the UnderJams section had shrunk to half the size it occupied originally, and by 2009 UnderJams had been shoved off to the side with the store brand "sleep pants." GoodNites once again occupied the shelf space that had been taken up by UnderJams. As of last year, this store doesn't even carry UnderJams anymore, but they have no problem selling GoodNites.

There's only one grocery store around here that stocks UnderJams, and they give them a sliver a shelf space surrounded by GoodNites. Pharmacies act in much the same way. They either don't stock UnderJams or shove them off to the sides of their shelves. One Wal-Mart doesn't even bother to try and stick UnderJams with their other diapers anymore--they just shove them on an end cap. The other Wal-Mart and Target have shelves of UnderJams that have literally collected dust. It wouldn't surprise me if either of these stores clearanced these out at some point. I really expect a better product from P&G, especially when they're charging more then any other diaper manufacturer.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

P&G may get this request all the time.

But I did not write it like an AB/DL.

Instead I wrote it like an average consumer.

They seemed to take it seriously enough to write back.

Maybe PE backed Pampers will reappear someday. :)

Thanks for contacting Pampers, ----!

We appreciate knowing you’d like diapers with the plastic backing produced again. Comments like yours help us provide products and packaging features which best meet people's needs. I'm sharing your interest with the rest of our team.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Are they size 3 Cruisers or are they actually size 3 "Extra Protection" Xander? I thought only the "Extra Protection" line made the "up to 12 hours" claim, but I could be wrong. Speaking of that, note the working: "up to 12 hours" means that's the longest those diapers will last, not "change your kid twice a day!" While P&G's latest ads for Pampers actually show a kid sleeping through the night touting the "up to 12 hours" claim, it's probably only practical on long car trips or for overnight use on heavy sleepers. The claim is really no different from the "up to" claims made for laptop batteries--we all know that they'd only ever last as long as they claim under light usage and the same rule probably applies to these diapers. I do agree that you'd have to be an asshole of a parent to not change your kid's diaper for 12 hours barring extenuating circumstances though--even poor parents should be able to afford enough diapers for a normal number of changes. (At the very least a shelter or charity should be able to assist such parents in a worst case scenario.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...