LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Physical Disability, Mental Illness, And Abdl

212 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider your status to be?

• Adult Baby (fetish wise/a "game" only), NOT incon
    • Diaper Lover, NOT incon
    • A mix of Adult Baby and Diaper Lover, NOT incon
    • Advanced Baby (NOT a fetish), NOT incon
    • Adult Baby w/ incontinence (medical reason, NOT self induced)
    • Diaper Lover w/ incontinence (medical reason, NOT self induced)
    • Mix of AB/DL w/ incontinence (medical reason, NOT self induced)
    • Advanced Baby w/ incontinence (medical reason, NOT self induced)
    • Adult Baby w/ incontinence (self induced)
    • Diaper Lover w/ incontinence (self induced)
    • Mix of AB/DL w/ incontinence (self induced)
    • Advanced Baby w/ incontinence (self induced)
  2. 2. Do you have a physical disability or physical problem (other than any incontinence or bedwetting)?

• No
    • Yes - vision problems (glasses, contacts, etc)
    • Yes - hearing problems (deaf or HOH)
    • Yes - diabetes
    • Yes - disability stemming from brain damage (such as cerebral palsy)
    • Yes - epilepsy (or other seizure inducing disorders)
    • Yes - asthma (or other breathing problems)
    • Yes - Other, please list
    • I believe I have a physical problem, but I have not been officially Dx'd
  3. 3. Do you have mental illness?

• No
    • Yes - Major Depressive Disorder
    • Yes - Bipolar Disorder
    • Yes - Dysthymic Disorder
    • Yes - Seasonal Affective Disorder
    • Yes - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
    • Yes - Eating Disorder(s) (bulimia, anorexia, compulsive over eating, etc)
    • Yes - Personality Disorder (please list)
    • Yes - ADD or ADHD
    • Yes - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
    • Yes - Anxiety Disorders (panic attacks included)
    • Yes - Schizophrenia
    • Yes - Schizoaffective Disorder
    • Yes - Alcoholism
    • Yes - Substance Abuse (weed only)
    • Yes - Substance Abuse (harder drugs)
    • Yes - Other, please list
    • I believe I have mental illness, but I have not been officially Dx'd

I'm just curious about who else in this community has physical disability and/or mental illness.

If "None of the above" for question #1, please state it in a reply. (Bittergrey brought this error up in his post below and I appreciate him doing so. I didn't think of that option.)

~ Moogle

My answers

QUESTION 1

Advanced baby w/incontinence medical reason not self induced.My reason,several mistakes were made during a lower spinal fusion,with some bone removal,nerves and bladder muscles were cut and not even re attached til 8 months later when another doctor discovered the mess up now I am told I will always have some sort of bladder problem and at least til the nerves in my lower back heal which at that time I may regain control or may not but it will be over a year till I find out.

QUESTION 2

Yes diability stemming from brain damage,My disabilities I suffered brain damage from a lack of oxygen to my brain 2 x (Anoxia)First LOO happened after being home for less than 12 hrs from the hospital,I was released with Dbl. Pneumonia on the 30 min. ride to the hospital my Kidney stopped funtioning and I was dying in the car.The 2nd time I suffered a bad Asthma attack here at home alone and passed out from it my mom found me and was rushed to the hospital,they estimated I wasn't or was barely breathing for at least 10 minutes.

I also suffer from Asthma since birth I'm told.

I am disabled from having degenerative discs in my back as of right now I have 3 complete fusions,an 8"rod and several other screws & wires too.

QUESTION 3

How I'm not crazy from all of this I'll never know oh yeah strike that I'm an AB

Is it too late to add an option for non-fetish-related ABs (Adult Babies) who aren't incontinent? This might be an interesting survey, but there is a danger that people will be forced into specific answers. For example, I'm mostly an AB, it isn't a fetish for me, and I'm not incontinent. There isn't an option that describes me, or a none-of-the-above category for the first question..

I chose AB/DL non incon but it is not a fetish with me its rooted mentally into my being. I also have hearing and vision problems. Had corrective eye surgery when I was 9 months and 2 years old. Also had tubes in my ears. Both of these along with a learning disability had me in special education in school.

Adult baby - non-fetish, non-incontinent (although I was temporarily not too long ago. Damn sharp jagged stone)

Contact Lenses

ADHD

OCD

HBS/Transsexual

Anxiety

Depression (although that's getting better)

SEVERE INSOMNIA!

And God knows what resulting from my rape at age 4. I'm sure that had a lot to do with AB... Right out of diapers, no more bottles, no stuffed animals, and here's some unwanted sex. Yeah, pretty sure that messed me up pretty good

Adult Baby with incontinence (due to occasional accidents and bedwetting)

Depression

ADS

Orthopedic problems in shoulder, hands, back and right foot

Condition after surgery in the genital area

Hormonal disorder

I have post traumatic stress disorder coupled with low blood pressure/sugar. Mom says that its low blood pressure just like hers and that the blood sugar that they found out with the tests about the low blood sugar because I wasn't eating at the time. I'm going to have to check and see what exactly it is but it causes me to get dizzy, head spins, I hit the floor without fainting, (my legs just give out underneath me) can sometimes not walk a straight line. I guess I have an interesting life. And no I don't drink any kind of alcohol or take drugs.

I'm going to have to check and see what exactly it is but it causes me to get dizzy, head spins, I hit the floor without fainting, (my legs just give out underneath me) can sometimes not walk a straight line. I guess I have an interesting life.

Sounds like meniere's which I have. Took seven years to get a proper diagnosis.

I don't consider myself to be sick.

I am a DL with AB.

I wear glasses.

I was diagnosed with ADD as a kid, depression, anxiety, I also have OCD tendencies, especially the thoughts. I was also diagnosed with anorexia last year.

• 2 months later...

Question 1

A mix of Adult Baby and Diaper Lover, NOT incon.

Question 2

I answered other but i also have hearing problems. Anyhoo my disability is i'm a quad-amputee from burns when i was 10 years old. I use a power wheelchair for mobility and prosthetic hooks for hands. I'm not incont but i am unable to diaper myself thus on the endless quest to find somebody to diaper me. Believe me or not, I don't care.

Question 3

No mental illness despite all i've been through.

Well as For Me & Question #1: I'm a Mix of Ab & Dl, Not Incon,

Question #2: As For My Phyiscal Disability, I was Born with Hydroccephalus (Spelling) Which Means that I've had 9 Brain Surgeries in my Life, & in addition I have too much Muscletone on my Left Side of My Body.

Question #3: Not officially Been Diagnosed, But I Believe that I suffer from Depression

Excellent Poll Idea Moogle! :D

Rockies Fan

QUESTION 1:

I am a Diaper Lover, Non Incon

QUESTION 2:

No Physical Disability

QUESTION 3:

I Smoke Pot Every now and then, i wouldnt consider it a mental disability, i just like to get blazed as shit rather then get drunk off my ass.

and i have been arrested for it too.

• 1 month later...

None of these things are things I speak of unless I have to, with the exception of what is merely physical.

I do not consider myself an AB, but I do regress to a quiet infancy during intercourse and wish to be "babied" in said time.

Physical:

I wear glasses for driving and reading, though I can manage without them while reading. Glasses are fun. I think of them as fashion accessories, and currently have five pairs. At times, I buy contacts that I occasionally wear to drive. Usually, however, I do not wear glasses.

I have a mild case of adult-onset asthma.

I have two allergies, a food allergy and an allergy to bee stings.

On extremely rare occasions, only a scare few times in my entire life, I have had what are classified as psuedo-seizures. Said psuedo-seizures are, in the cases of myself and the majority of my adult family, products of bipolar disorder.

I have low blood pressure, contrasting my genetics, and a poor immune system. The latter was caused by eating disorders, as well as what could technically qualify as genetic factors. For quite a bit of time, I had a serious lack of vitamin D in my system, but that is no longer an issue.

Mental:

My entire family is bipolar. I'm one of the luckier ones. I have the most mild form of the condition, Bipolar NOS (Not Otherwise Specified).

I am a former anorexic and bulimic. Those who say there is no such thing as a person cured from eating disorders are full of baloney. I lost too much weight while being physically ill for nearly the entire summer this year, and am often eating large, relaxing meals to gain my weight back. I am a naturally skinny beanpole of a person, another genetic factor as well as another product of a different condition. See the "Mixed" section.

I have an unnamed neurological complex that is the result of my rotten childhood.

I do have my moments of drinking for the sake of getting heavily drunk, but these are not frequent and I am not an alcoholic.

Mixed:

I was born with three x chromosomes, versus the usual two. This condition is known as Triple-X, Trisomy X, Trisome, Triplo-X, 47 XXX, the Triple-Femme Syndrome, and if you want to be politcally incorrect (though how this is offensive I fail to see), the Superfemales. Of all the chromosome abnormalties, this is the least drastic. On the other hand, explaining its varied effects requires more details and time than I would like to indulge in.

This response looks almost ridiculous, if you ask me. I don't view myself as limited at all. In fact, I've felt quite strong for the past few years, with the exception of my sick spells. I'm much, much better at exercising and generally keeping myself healthy than I was not so very long ago.

Question 1: A mix of Adult Baby and Diaper Lover, NOT incon

I definitely enjoy the diapers, but never tried the whole Adult Baby thing, though I'm pretty sure I'd like that if given the proper opportunity to find out. Certainly it is something I am hoping to be able to explore more fully at some point.

Question 2: Vision problems (I wear glasses) and a disability stemming from brain damage. (Read my blog for the details on that. My blog is private for DD registered members only. I'm not shy about my disability or any discussion of it, but I'm weary of having too much information out there which is easily traceable back to me specifically. Therefore, please do not respond on this or any other thread about it. However, feel free to send me a private message if you want to know more about it.) I have no other physical problems.

Question 3: Mental illness: I suffer from depression, something which, because of my unique circumstances and my specific coping strategies I've come to understand was probably an inevitable outcome. It ranges from "very well controlled" to "extremely severe", the latter occurring very infrequently. I've been given another setback this past week in that my "on again, off again" job hunt (ongoing for two years and stopped periodically for long bouts at a time by the depressive symptoms) has yielded me another "we don't want to hire you" response. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is with my job search, (thanks in particular to some of the people I've spoken with here at DD for such valuable insight into that) but I see no way to solve it in any satisfactory manner. As far as I can tell, I'm just destined to be consistently unemployed because my desire for honesty does not jibe well with an employer's desire to hire somebody with a perceived degree of economic advancement ambition. Because I'm not interested in a management track position and am forthright about that, I seem to be coming across as a "lifer with no ambition who probably will not perform the job well". Truth is that I DO want to be a lifer, but I also have no ambition for management as that would be an inevitable failure for me because of my disability issues, and I can perform the same job BETTER than 90% of the people out there. Needless to say, I'm more than a little frustrated, and it is definitely contributing to my depressive symptoms at the moment. I also experience some degree of anxiety, but that is fairly well controlled by the circumstances I allow myself to be put into.

1 - DL -nonincon

2 - Healthy

3 - Does Dyslexia count? I never knew it growing up and it is technically undiagnosed. I can read backwards without thinking about it. I didn't know the word "ambulance" was backwards on the front so you can read it in your rear view mirror until I was nearly 30! It is more a gift than a challenge.

DL

51 years old with sleep apenia

Incon at night only

Was incon 24/7 prior to 2000 because of colon issues. The surgeon's knife got rid of a nasty problem.

I have disability tags because of orthropedic issues

Had a stroke at 19

Was one of the first kids to take Ritalin.

Have ADD and dyslexia.

I only take medication for pain now

Okay, so i didn't even take the poll.

I don't know what i consider myself.

I don't have any physical disorders.

I don't know what half of those words mean under mental disorders.

Anyway, i believe i have some sort of mental illness. I dont know what it is or how it affects me... but psychologically, i have problems. It's obvious for anyone who knows me well enough.

-Sophie