LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pooping In Public?

Thank GOD this has never happened to me! I couldn't even begin to think of how awful it must be for someone who is fecally incontinent.

There is nothing that I could imagine that would be more embarassing or humiliating than to have this problem.

I certainly don't think that it is a subject that one should start a topic about unless they themselves have suffered through this. It is not something to be brought up by the morbidly curious.

Vic

Unfortunately yes I have had a rear end accident in public. Being double incontinent does have its downsides, but fingers crossed, most of my dirty nappies have been at home or in places where I can get sorted out without too much hassle. Was 1 particular time that does stick in memory tho, I was whilst in the queue waiting to pay for shopping. just felt it squelch into my nappy !! I just hurredly paid for my shopping and hot footed it home as quick as I could !!. Didnt hang around long enough to see if anyone noticed, but im sure I turned a nice crimson shade of red !!

Hugs inco

I am not incontinent but I have had this happen to me twice now at school. I guess I had some sort of stomach flu. Happened to me in the hallway, and I didn't stand around to see if anyone notices, I was much to embarrassed. I had absolutely no control over the situation, my stomach cramped and I filled my diaper. I am glad no one who knew me stopped to say hello.

~Brian

:huh: I guess I was wrong about the embarassment factor for this situation. It just seems to me that it would make it painfully obvious to others that you have a problem with incontinence. I'm just one of those who likes to keep this on the down low.

Sure when I'm out in public I'm wearing diapers under my clothes, but I prefer to keep that information to myself, and would be embarassed if others knew.

I guess everybody is just different in how they feel.

Vic

I'm not incontinent but I am a DL. Once I was at a Phar More drug store in South Bend Indiana years and years ago to buy some AT-EASE disposable diapers. I was on my way to the check out line and sneezed really hard and pooped uncontrolably. I usually wear a diaper when I go shopping for diapers and I was glad I had one on this time. I didn't load it up or really fill it, but it would not have been a pritty picture with all the people around me if I hadn't had that diaper on! The last thing I ever expected was to mess a little uncontrolably when I sneezed!

I've messed in public. I just finish up what I'm doing (such as check out) and go get changed.

Also, once, my partner wouldn't let me get changed and dragged me around the mall like that.

Never had any negative consequences. Nobody seems to care, as long as it's not overly nasty. I don't like to stick around and make others smell it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably a bad idea, and very rarely is this medically required on a regular basis. Anyone who has fecal incontinence will most probably be wearing an ostomy bag - its _much_ better for your skin, and I would never make anyone smell my own crap...No matter what you're wearing for a dipe you'll stink to high-heaven, and I would never want to get my jollies at someone else's discomfort.

Maybe if your diet was really, really perfect, so as to minimize the smell....but its still pretty bad. I would save crapping yourself for the privacy of your own home, aside from the occasional un-intentional accident.

It happens fairly often for me, though I have a small bit of control there, so I try to hold off until I'm out of my shop, or at home.

I have messed in public PLENTY of times, though. I guess you just have to gauge how stinky you're gonna be, and that's something only YOU will know, based on knowing your body. Personally, I have no problem with it, and when it happens, I go and change ASAP and get on with it. . . What else are you supposed to do?

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably a bad idea, and very rarely is this medically required on a regular basis. Anyone who has fecal incontinence will most probably be wearing an ostomy bag - its _much_ better for your skin, and I would never make anyone smell my own crap...No matter what you're wearing for a dipe you'll stink to high-heaven, and I would never want to get my jollies at someone else's discomfort.

Maybe if your diet was really, really perfect, so as to minimize the smell....but its still pretty bad. I would save crapping yourself for the privacy of your own home, aside from the occasional un-intentional accident.

I heard that taking Chlorophyll tablets will minimize smell. I've also heard that it turns your poop green. But, the last thing I want is for someone to find out that I pooped. It's embarrassing! I've never pooped in public, and I've yet to be caught by my roommates (I live in an apartment with three other guys. None of which are AB/DL.)

Thank GOD this has never happened to me! I couldn't even begin to think of how awful it must be for someone who is fecally incontinent.

It's no fun, thanks for being polite enough to acknowledge it. I (and others) do appreciate it when folks here recognize that being truly out-of-control is not a fun experience.

Like I said, I've only had one fecal accident where it was obvious to everyone, I have small ones all the time...some I don't even notice anymore. But anything larger than say, 30-40ml of fluid (about 1-2oz), is still fairly distressing and can put a dent in, if not ruin a day.

This is probably a bad idea, and very rarely is this medically required on a regular basis. Anyone who has fecal incontinence will most probably be wearing an ostomy bag

Though I agree with most of your message, there are a lot of us who have more mild fecal incontinence and don't have an ostomy. Some of my friends with the same disease say that the ostomy has made a major positive difference in their lives, for others it has been a nightmare of skin problems at the ostomy site itself, in part because people with my disease tend to have a lot of allergies.

My point is, there are a lot of fecally incontinent people with partial control for whom an ostomy is not now and may never be medically appropriate.

Of course, we all keep ourselves clean and are very conscious not to offend other people, unlike some on this forum who seem to have some significant social problems. But that's my editorial comment.

I have had bouts of F.I. when out and about and it isn't pleasant. One time I was getting over the flu and on my way to work and wasn't diapered at the time. I learned my lesson the hard way. Nearly blew my engine racing back home to clean up and change.

Needless to say I have been diapered full time ever since than.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

Has anyone hear ever pooped in public? Did you get any wierd looks or questions?

When I was younger I messed myself. Unfortunately, I wasn't wearing a diaper, but I was into them at the time. It was very embarassing because I had to tell my cousins and my mom wasn't home so I had to wear my cousin's underwear - mind you, it's a girl, which made it even more embarassing. I've had a few intentional accidents, but nothing too bad that would ruin my life.

Well from what I've read on the subject, fecal incontinence is actually easier to manage a lot of the time compared to urinary incontinence. Yeah, it's a lot dirtier, but timed voiding pays off a lot more. Of course, some people fall through the cracks, but for the most part it can be avoided with simply making a point to 'keep regular.' Whereas urine is produced much more often and the need to pee along with it.

To be noted though, I've had small accidents of this variety on account of oddly enough, constipation. I've had chronic constipation for quite a while and it gets pretty severe at times. One of the ways that I treat it involves mineral oil, which unfortunately has a way of coming out when you least expect it. Thank whatever higher power that may be, it's never been too serious. It hasn't even ever been noticeable in fact, just uncomfortable, very rarely have a diaper on when it happens either. Believe it or not, I actually find them to be a pain in the ass to wear when doing pretty much anything active. However, we're talking about a teaspoon of oil here, not a big deal. I don't even know if I would call it 'messing myself.' Evidently Xenical has similar effect because it causes fat/oil to pass through the intestine.

I take great offense to this. First of all the thought of just having poop on my stomach is gross not to mention the fact that those stupid bags have to be burped every so often. Plus who wants to see a blug under your shirt which would be very noticeable. I may be totally incontinent but I'd rather have it in my diaper any day than have poop coming out of my stomach area. With ostomy bags when you take those off they are way smelly. Oh yea with them you have to change em very often.

I'm a vegan. As long as I'm not sick, I'm not all that stinky.

Meat and salt are the biggest culrpits for stinky diapers.

(1) Please explain how salt causes odor. I would like to know the physiology behind this.

(2) A lot of vegans I know smell quite bad, not just because some of them don't bathe as much as I would like (they're "too natural" for that, I guess), but because a lot of vegan cuisine is full of garlic, onion, or other strong flavorings in order to give it some taste. This results in bad body and feces odor, trust me. I treated a patient once who was East Indian and would not eat animal products of any kind, and you've never smelled worse diarrhea than a couple day old curry dripping down the side of the gurney.

You're correct that a high meat diet will smell worse. That's because the breakdown of the protein releases certain chemicals in a class known as amine compounds. We primates have learned to be offended by those smells, probably as an adaptive strategy so that we don't eat rotten food and get sick.

But, are you really telling me that non-meat-based proteins don't smell? They certainly do. Beans make for terrible fecal odor and gas. So do onions and garlic. And a lot of our fecal odor comes from the breakdown of our very own erythrocytes and bile. The main odor you associate with feces is 3-methylindole, also known as Skatole.

So, I know that a lot of Vegans like to think of themselves as a little bit superior to we omnivores, but I am afraid that your sh*t still stinks.

I think anybody that wears fulltime deals with messing as it happens. In my case it happens all the time but usually at night as I simply use a suppository right before I go to bed, and that way I always void as I sleep. This keeps me from messing during the day most of the time but if I do I simply change ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

(1) Please explain how salt causes odor. I would like to know the physiology behind this.

(2) A lot of vegans I know smell quite bad, not just because some of them don't bathe as much as I would like (they're "too natural" for that, I guess), but because a lot of vegan cuisine is full of garlic, onion, or other strong flavorings in order to give it some taste. This results in bad body and feces odor, trust me. I treated a patient once who was East Indian and would not eat animal products of any kind, and you've never smelled worse diarrhea than a couple day old curry dripping down the side of the gurney.

You're correct that a high meat diet will smell worse. That's because the breakdown of the protein releases certain chemicals in a class known as amine compounds. We primates have learned to be offended by those smells, probably as an adaptive strategy so that we don't eat rotten food and get sick.

But, are you really telling me that non-meat-based proteins don't smell? They certainly do. Beans make for terrible fecal odor and gas. So do onions and garlic. And a lot of our fecal odor comes from the breakdown of our very own erythrocytes and bile. The main odor you associate with feces is 3-methylindole, also known as Skatole.

So, I know that a lot of Vegans like to think of themselves as a little bit superior to we omnivores, but I am afraid that your sh*t still stinks.

I didn't say vegan poo is oderless, I said less oder.

I don't know HOW salt causes more oder, I never cared to research HOW, since HOW doesn't benefit me. I read an article on such a topic, and went "Wow, I guess being vegan has other benefits. I should cut back on salt while I'm at it since it's not good for me anyway"

I'm sure people who eat poor vegan diets have smelly poo.

Notice where I said "as long as I'm not sick"... that'd include poor vegan diets. I've got mine to a reasonably healthy level.

I still fall pray to fries.

That curry diarhea would fall under "sick", now wouldn't it.

Yes, vegans who don't bathe will smell like ass. That's got NOTHING to do with their diet. That's just poor hygiene.

So to sum it up, I never said Vegans don't stink ever...

I said a decent vegan diet will cause you LESS ODER than one full of chicken, hamburgers and steaks.

actually its nto the salt, but sulphur in alot of foods that adds to the stink like eggs for example. also sometimes the seasonings dont really help think about the last time you ate say mexican lol yeah... tacos taste great but WOW. as for the sarahjane with the "all natural" statement, humans are by nature an omnivore.funy how some vegans dont understandtaht lol. essentially they rob their bodies of some essential nutrients by not eating meat. im NOT SAYING everyone SHOULD EAT MEAT NO MATTER WHAT BLAH BLAH BLAH its their choice to eat as they want just as i choose to eat things that bleed. i just find it amusing theyre being unnatural yet claim to be all natural. now could someone pass me the cow?

Has anyone hear ever pooped in public? Did you get any wierd looks or questions?

I have I don't like to have to change after :crybaby: . It's so bad, you wonder if people can smell you, and if you can't what can you say. I feel bad for those people who can't control it. In the short, it's not fun, but it has happend for me

I didn't say vegan poo is oderless, I said less oder.

I don't know HOW salt causes more oder, I never cared to research HOW, since HOW doesn't benefit me. I read an article on such a topic, and went "Wow, I guess being vegan has other benefits. I should cut back on salt while I'm at it since it's not good for me anyway"

The proper spelling is odorless.

Well, whomever wrote that article would flunk basic (University) physiology and/or organic chemistry. Salt has no odor. You're made of mainly 1% salty water. The only way salt could "cause odor" is if you consumed so much salt that it acted as a saline laxative and you passed contents of the upper-GI tract. That's a lot of salt. Enough to cause significant and immediate GI discomfort. People don't eat that much, unless they're heading in for a colonoscopy.

A lot of the "alternative" literature is either weak or totally wrong on their science. And salt is only bad for you if you are consuming enough to have hypertension or you're in CHF.

I'm sure people who eat poor vegan diets have smelly poo.

(...)

That curry diarhea would fall under "sick", now wouldn't it.

BTW, it's spelled diarrhea.

After I posted I figured you would rip that statement apart, but I was too tired to go back and edit it. I should not have included that particular anecdote. In the end, that patient was not sick with a GI problem, but I forget the exact diagnosis.

Anyone who eats highly spiced food will have feces that has a stronger smell. If you are eating that diet all the time, it literally gets to the point where you cannot smell it, but others can. That goes for about anything, including onions, garlic, curry, etc. I've had a lot of other peoples poo either on me or flying about the room, and as I worked in a University ER with a large Indian population, a lot of it was vegetarian poo. Still stinks.

You can claim otherwise, but it's not true.

that'd include poor vegan diets. I've got mine to a reasonably healthy level.

Actually, I would suggest that any healthy diet for a hominid should include plenty of protein, and any protein diet will produce malodorous amine-compound breakdown components from the amino acids in the proteins that the person is digesting. So if you're restricting protein, you're not healthy. I don't care if it comes from cows or soybeans. And a lot of healthy food that would be in a proper vegan diet (at least as close as an animal who has spent >2M years as an omnivore can be a strict vegetarian (which is defined as something that consumes no animal protein, which you would call a "vegan") with a healthy diet) would produce gas and odor.

So to sum it up, I never said Vegans don't stink ever...

I said a decent vegan diet will cause you LESS ODER than one full of chicken, hamburgers and steaks.

It's spelled odor. The Oder is a Baltic river, but I would not be surprised if it stinks.

Your statement was somewhat stronger than that. You said "I'm a vegan. As long as I'm not sick, I'm not all that stinky". That is an attempt to (1) show the superiority of your dietary-restriction choices to others who have not made those same choices, (2) attempt to claim that it is therefor appropriate for you to purposely sh*t yourself in public for your own pleasure, (3) suggest that anyone who is concerned about this behavior, the inconveniences to others and/or does not find that appropriate, is of lower moral character and is therefore not worthy to be speaking about the subject.

The skat of herbivores does smell less, I agree. But humans are not herbivores. We lack the abilities to digest our food like a ruminant. We are omnivores and need to consume amino acids to survive. And even ruminant skat can smell if they have been eating strong-smelling plants. And vegan or not, your output is not going to be so odor-free that I cannot smell you wearing a diaper full of feces, which was your argument at the beginning of this discussion. I would also argue the droppings of Carnivores, who have an even more simple digestive system than ours, generally smells worse. But ours can smell much worse because of the spices we add to our foods. Though the worst I have smelled is a vampire bat, which is not quite as bad as a human with a GI bleed.

Regarding points 1 and 3, the vegetarian movement has become basically a religion. You have a set of core beliefs that are taken as faith, and anyone who questions the faith is dismissed as a heretic, and their research is dismissed.

It's a proselytizing religion, with members trying to recruit others either based on fear ("you'll die if you eat meat", "you're murdering innocent cows") or through guilt/morals "I'm so much better than you because I am a vegetarian, so is that celebrity, and if you do what I do you'll be just like that guy from Hollywood"). It's like Christianity, where they will try threatening folks with the fear of hell or the basic guilt of pointing out you've not been seen in church lately

It has it's fundamentalist group--The Vegans--who dismiss the normal practitioners of the religion as weak of moral character and chose the Righteous Path of more expensive food with funky cartoon labels that is therefore More Pure and free of Sin.

Speaking of Sin, it's pretty clear. The great sin is to eat animal protein. From there, it's a sliding scale with a lot of lay practitioners applying their own morals to various things. Sounds like now someone has added Sodium Chloride, one of our main essential chemicals, to the list.

And as always, they have their native sons they like to celebrate (Bob Barker) as well as those they never admit to (Adolph Hitler). They also lay claim to a lot of folks whose belief in the faith is shaky or highly questionable, or who only converted under pressure ("Weird Al" Yankovic).

You even have Evil Spirits. Devils who try to turn people away from The Faith and towards Darkness. The evil food industry. Multinational corporations. And McDonalds, the spawn of Satan. Some Practitioners (like that PETA woman with diabetes on insulin) are allowed to buy indulgences and use animal products, yet still remain Pure because of their Greater Works.

In any religion, when their faith is Tested by others making statements or asking hard questions, they fall back and fight for their beliefs, no matter how shaky they are. Some I've known have long lists, even three-ring binders in some cases, of arguments and "science" to back up their claims.

Am I talking about Vegans, or Mormons? I can't tell. Same thing, in many ways. And they've both knocked on my door when I was away at school, trying to study for an exam.

I'm not trying to convert you, I know that being a Vegan is mega-cool right now, and there is no way you would listen to an uncool-person line me. I'm just pointing out that your statement is (1) really rude, (2) untrue.

And regarding point #2, as a person who suffers from chronic fecal incontinence, I do my best to avoid offending others and clean myself up as soon as possible. It's rude to go around with a load of sh*t in your pants when you don't need to...just because you don't smell it does not mean other people cannot. The "AB Lifestyle" is only fair to others when you don't involve them.

It was the moral suggestion of your post (plus the crap science) that really offended me.

BTW, I mentioned your quote to a friend of mine who is a science-minded vegan animal-rights nut, who buys only the most overpriced food products locally-made in our "freak district" and even he laughed.