LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

80's Pampers

I've read lots of posts where people are singing the praises of 80's Pampers. I'm curious to know what was so good about them?

My real babyhood was in the late 60's early 70's and I have no kids, so I didn't pay too much attention to baby diapers in the 80's.

Bethany

hmm... well I was born at the beginning of the 80's (in 1980).... I was diapered exclusively with what pampers had to offer back then.

Hell, I have no frickin' idea what's so damn special about them, I don't even remember.

I have no wish for any baby-like diaper anyways.....

but I know they had a plastic backing and were for the first time more hour-glass shaped... but other than that - no idea.

I was diapered for bed-time until I was 4 or so as I was regularly not dry ;) and by three during the day time I was no longer in diapers (daytime).

I started to like (or notice that I do like) diapers when I was around the age of 5 or 6 when my parents thought it would be a good idea to send me off for a week to a pre-school summer-camp.... (I basically hated the experience, always having been a bit of a lone-wolf.... ) well it was however set as a rule by the staff there that every child up to his 6th year had to be diapered at night... hell, I don't know why (I guess there were still many bedwetters and they didn't want to ask...) and I have (to this very day) no idea whether my parents knew of this or not. So it was that I ended up being diapered for the night.

I well remember LOVING the feeling... it was actually one of the only things I liked about that summer-camp.

That was 1986 if I remember me correctly... shortly before my 6th birthday. or something like that... I don't have too much memories of that time.

I don't know what brand of diapers it was... but I well remember they were plastic backed, rather predominant white (no fancy patterns or stuff (or at least I can't remember else) and were quite thick and crinkly... very comfy...

now I don't know if that were pampers,.... but it just as well could have been.

if that was pampers - than at least I have some fond memories of them ;)

later my bro (one year my older) was a serious bedwetter and was diapered every night until he was 14 and stopped wetting. when he turned 7 or 8 mum did diaper him with some special teen-sized diapers - which were quite expensive back then... but they worked well (he had to wear plastic pants over them, as he was an "active sleeper" and sometimes the tapes would come loose...)

but I remember that he used to be in pampers until he was around 5 or 6 ... and then started to "outgrow" them.

Persoanlly I think it has to do with the technology (or lack of) in diapers back then. This was before all the charcoal and gel diapers came out so absorbency was directly related to the thickness of the diapers. The more absorbent you wanted the diaper to be the thicker you had to make it. This was especially apparent in the "Nighttime" diapers that most every brand had (Pampers,Huggies,Luvs etc).....they were deliciously thick and quite crinkly!

Just my two cents,

BabySteviee

'80s Pampers, Huggies and Luvs were what I was raised in, and they defined my schema of a diaper. I believe the thickness of disposable diapers peaked in the '80s, which probably had to do with the advent of the hourglass-shape--the padding had to be made thicker to compensate for the decreased surface area. I was born just after the major companies introduced their first "thin" gel diapers (which were still very thick, especially compared to today's toilet-paper-thin products). The traditional thick diapers were also available at the time.