LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Toys!

Aleia

I had a 50-foot Slinky once. If you and a friend held opposite ends, you could stretch it clear across the yard.

Remember Power Wheels? They were fairly new when I was little.

I was in third grade when all the crazy 90s fads came out, like Beanie Babies, Tamatgotchis, Nano Pets, Gelly Roll pens...

I had a 50-foot Slinky once. If you and a friend held opposite ends, you could stretch it clear across the yard.

Remember Power Wheels? They were fairly new when I was little.

I was in third grade when all the crazy 90s fads came out, like Beanie Babies, Tamatgotchis, Nano Pets, Gelly Roll pens...

Beanie Babies, everyone went mad for them......and now you see them piled up at boot sales (not sure if you have these in the US, like a big garage sale).

Did any of you 80's American kids adopt a Cabbage Patch Doll?

Girls i worked with at the time (early 80's) got me a cabbage patch kid....looked just like me when i was iddle..........two long blond braids, purple corduroys

some of my favorite toys were...but were not limited to...in random order

roller skates (yes ... the kind with the key that went over your shoes)))))))))))))

bike

monopoly

barbies

jodi doll with country home and covered wagon

johnny west dolls (neighbor boy had whole play room set up with them)

breyer horses

any horse related toy

Amy (holly hobbie doll)

wanted one of those baby alive dolls that ate food and wore real diapers but got a simpler version

velvet dolls sister who i dont remember the name of...(knob on back that made her hair grow)

club house gang(?) or was it tree house(?)

and most important

pinky the dog, teddy, and raggedy anne all whom are still with me, though anne is a bit on the fragile side!

and don't forget silly putty....it made sunday funnies so much more entertaining!

My family moved a lot, so there were always lots of huge cardboard boxes. We'd build tunnels that went through multiple rooms. Tables, chairs, blankets and sheets are also amazing.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this old topic to ask - Who here has tried one (or more) toys from chronological childhood that you thought were the best back then and maybe even up to now, until you got the chance to play with one again and it wasn't like you remember? That happened to me with Bop It!...Found one at the Goodwill a while back, bought it, and played it, and it just agitated me.

~ moogle

That's just the same as the old saying "never meet your heroes". Your mind builds em up to be this super amazing thing, then the reality can never match up to it.

And I can't believe no ones mentioned it yet...

AAAAAij7JXEAAAAAAOpgbA.jpg

Tonka trucks! I loved mine as a kiddy, and might have to get one :P

^ Had three big tonka trucks! one like that one, the other a crane and the other a digger...they were ace.

Always remember the proper ride on car i had, y'know the proper ones that are made by car companies just with one seat and pedals instead of an engine.

I had and still have loadsa little matchbox size cars, a select few important teddys and various fad toys - for instance anyone around their 20's remember those little skateboards for your fingers? lol i found a couple of them in a drawer the other day.

Then someone decided to buy me Nintendo and all of those went in a cupboard :(

QUOTE (storey @ Mar 23 2008, 08:41 PM) The little jump spin thingy...forget what it's called but you put it around your ankle and spin it and you have to hop over it

I'll reply with my own list later, but what you're sayin was called Skip It. I wanted so badly to be able to do it but i couldnt...

~ Moog

ooh, i like this thread

Teddy ruxpin

alphie

dinowars figures

tonka truck

oh my popple doll, i miss him, lol.

he-man

transformers

I have others but don't know their names.

^ Had three big tonka trucks! one like that one, the other a crane and the other a digger...they were ace.

Always remember the proper ride on car i had, y'know the proper ones that are made by car companies just with one seat and pedals instead of an engine.

I had and still have loadsa little matchbox size cars, a select few important teddys and various fad toys - for instance anyone around their 20's remember those little skateboards for your fingers? lol i found a couple of them in a drawer the other day.

Then someone decided to buy me Nintendo and all of those went in a cupboard :(

I don't think I ever had a sit on car.... had a trike through, and that was better (faster :D)

And I remember those skateboards, a work mate found one one day, so spent the day running around grinding off stock cages and fridges (in a supermarket). Oh yea, this was last year.

Let's see:

Matchbox and Hot Wheels: got at least 5K of them....when i was a kid, i wouldn't let mom leave a department store with at least one in the cart.

Legos: Of course

K'Nex: actually liked them more than Legos eventually

Play-Doh: got a funny story about having to go to the hospital because of Play-Doh.....or was it silly putty?

Tonka trucks: Loved 'em

Eventually after i buy a house of my own and settle down, I'm gonna get back into model railroading, too

The computer, and I think thats why I'm an AB. I spent so much of my childhood on my computer that I never really played outside with other kids. I was playing kids games on the computer though, like Spy Fox and Freddy Fish and Putt-Putt.

Becky is from Build a Bear

C Bear is older than me and was from a charity shop when I was 2!

I was going to say he looks a like hes been well cuddled (I'm presuming c bear is a he, I'm sure you'll correct me if its otherwise :P) Just the hat made me think of build a bear, its so cool :D.

Sadly my childhood friend got thrown out by my mum when I was about 19 :( he had one eye, and needed restuffing, but still I wanted to keep him :( RIP foxy.

Hands down, without a doubt. Tonka toys (or any other similar toy vehicles) were my favorite! I had about 30 of them. They were all I ever asked for, for Christmas, birthdays etc. I played with them all the time no matter what the weather was outside. If I couldn't be outside playing with them. I would have some in the basement to play with. I also liked Matchbox or Hotwheels too but Tonka is #1. Even though all my childhood Tonkas got thrown away :crybaby: . I have started collecting Tonka toys with a nice collection built up again (and yes, I still play with some of the rougher condition ones :thumbsup: )