LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Use Your Diapers For Their Intended Purpose?

Actually, you can get an infection from your own poop. That's why they say to wipe front to back so you don't spread bacteria from your intestines to your vagina for people who have them, like me. You can get a UTI from that. I don't know who told you you can't get an infection from your own body because it's very possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed--I ought to know, since I've had UTIs in the past from spending extended periods of time in wet diapers.

Right, from the extra time that allowed foreign bacteria to take hold, certainly not from your own urine (which is normally free of bacteria in the first place).

And no, you can't get an infection from the natural bacteria that is already in your body. Think of people who get fissures or breaks in their intestines/colon. There is poop seeping into their abdomen, but they don't get an immediate infection from this. I should know, I've had this problem for a couple of years now.

Of course I've also had to be extra careful not to get an intestinal infection (such as salmonella poisoning). This could then spread as a direct infection, or as an indirect infection if I were to let my poop come into contact with my urethra. You're also told to wipe from the anus back because wiping will never get you 100 percent clean. The residue left will act as a breeding ground for foreign

You will have a high risk of an infection if you mess and it ends up around the front of the nappy. Girls are more susceptible to it for obvious reasons.

Saying there is no risk until a certain amount of time as elapsed is really bad advice because yes, everything in the poop when it comes out is bacteria from your own body, but introducing that to another system in the body where the bacteria isn't present is pretty much asking for infection.

• Like 1

You will have a high risk of an infection if you mess and it ends up around the front of the nappy. Girls are more susceptible to it for obvious reasons.

Saying there is no risk until a certain amount of time as elapsed is really bad advice because yes, everything in the poop when it comes out is bacteria from your own body, but introducing that to another system in the body where the bacteria isn't present is pretty much asking for infection.

That is partly true, but only to a point. I can agree what you're thinking of

I did read that UTIs are the most likely infection for a baby to get. It isn't a case that they are all getting them all the time, but it isn't exactly unknown either and is the most common infection for a baby to get.

What Altair said was the same thing I was told when I had a small UTI following a Kidney Stone. That getting one isn't easy because it is "flushed out" often. So the fact that they are still the most common infection for a baby to get suggests these nappies aren't great for infection control even if they are great for keeping furniture clean and dry!

When I said before about a "high risk of infection" I meant higher than average, I probably made it sound like anyone who messes will get a UTI when I meant to say that messing and then sitting around in it for a bit will give you an increased chance of infection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes.

Originally I willingly wet them and very rarely messed them.

I have significantly diminished urinary control at this point (to the point of needing diapers) and noticeably diminished bowel control. I am wet practically all the time, and if I have to go more than 2 hours at a time without toilet access I risk messing my diaper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Back when I just wore for fun I'd use them for both 1 and 2, but mainly 1. Now that I have a semi need it's mostly the same situation. I try to make sure I'm at a toilet for big #2 blowouts but if I'm already in a wet diaper, I'm home and am expecting a normal morning poo I'll often just use my diaper since clean-up would be the natural follow-up anyway.

• Like 1