1. 1. Who ya gunna vote for?

• John McCainn
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Nappy Naperson!

'sarah_ab'

So i just have to say, that i have no read this much racism and bigotry... well every.

If the few people who have carried this converastion on are any indication, than this nation is not any better off than it was 100 years ago in regards to diversity, equal rights, freedom of speach, and foreign policy.

It makes me sad to realize that what all those men and women in the armed forces who fought and died for was a dream unrealized.

We still live in a country so divided by personal fear and bigotry we can never truely be as great as we have deluded ourselves into thinking we are.

Reading this thread makes me sad, and even ashamed, to be associated with america, if this thread is an indication of the america of today, which it seems it is.

Ashamed we spend so much time bickering amongst ourselves. If we spent even half of the time and resources that go into 'slandering' someone of a different opinion, on feeding those in need, on caring for the children who are sick, on providing the basic necessities for those who have found they cannot care for ourselves, our nation would be in a lot better shape.

Whatever happened "treat your neighbor as you would wish to be treated"...

Oh well, carry on with the bickering.

Wow Sarah, Very Well Spoken. I Couldn't of Said it Better myself. It is Because of things like this Thread Why that 99.9% of the Time, Why I Keep My Political Views & Opinions, & Who I am Going to Vote for to Myself.

Rockies Fan.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am old enough to vote, I have personally chosen NOT to register to vote. I think politics and voting and all that other stuff is immensely boring and it disgusts me how low some people will stoop to get a single vote. People tell me all the time that I "really should vote" and I tell them that they really should mind their own fucking business. I am not FORCED to vote. It is a choice... and I choose not to. Not only do I really not care even a fraction about politics in any way, it just... irks me when people try to discuss them with me or around me.

Anyway the point of this was to say that, again, there's not an option up there for "can't/won't vote" which is quite dissappointing.

P.S. ...if anyone starts an argument with me, I'm just gonna laugh because I seriously don't care, sorry.

<_<

go ahead and laugh. After reading this post I had to ask myself why you posted here at all. You're not going to vote, that's your choice. This topic has had a long flame war, not very easy reading either, so I ask you, why did you post?

Polatics bore you, and you've had just about enough of all of the mud slinging from both parties of the up coming election.

Cool with me, nobody is going to put a gun to your head and force you to vote anyway. So if you have no stake in this election, and you don't care to talk about it then why did you put yourself through reading through one very long discussion?

If this is truly boring to you the simple answer was to pass over this topic, nobody ambushed you and started the topic under a different heading, it was clearly marked with the title poll-atics. You could have read many, many other topics.

Not only is this poll long and there have been attacks from one side to the other, people have also attached many links to back up their opinion, so (if you were following the poll) you'd also have to have to read those articles as well.

Your post confuses me, I simply don't see the point of your posting on this topic. I'm not telling you to shut up and go away, I'm just wondering why you posted. That's all really, because (and don't take this in a bad way) why did you post to this topic ?

Peace,

Vic :mail:

Who said anything about race? I will not support a Communist! Obama is a Communist. If Obama was a conservative black man, I could support him. Instead he is a stupid liberal idiot!

So i just have to say, that i have no read this much racism and bigotry... well every.

If the few people who have carried this converastion on are any indication, than this nation is not any better off than it was 100 years ago in regards to diversity, equal rights, freedom of speach, and foreign policy.

It makes me sad to realize that what all those men and women in the armed forces who fought and died for was a dream unrealized.

We still live in a country so divided by personal fear and bigotry we can never truely be as great as we have deluded ourselves into thinking we are.

Reading this thread makes me sad, and even ashamed, to be associated with america, if this thread is an indication of the america of today, which it seems it is.

Ashamed we spend so much time bickering amongst ourselves. If we spent even half of the time and resources that go into 'slandering' someone of a different opinion, on feeding those in need, on caring for the children who are sick, on providing the basic necessities for those who have found they cannot care for ourselves, our nation would be in a lot better shape.

I could not agree with you more. Very well put! This is exactly what I meant when I posted earlier. As long as I'm fighting with you I don't have the time to care about anything else.

It's all a distraction. The election, the issues, the democrats, the republications, change, abortion, economy, white, black, everything! All it is is a way to keep us fighting so that we don't have the chance to see the bigger picture. As long as we are on this page, or at the dinner table, or the store, or the library, or the mall, or where ever, and we are fighting about our differences instead of uniting in our collective humanity! Then we shall never get anything done. What most people don't realize is that regardless who gets elected, weather it be Obama or McCain, The people who really run this country(lobbyists) will get what they want done. These are the REAL decisions that WILL impact your life on a daily basis.

Its about time we stand up! Not as an individual who has a different view than our neighbor, or mother, or father, or brother, or who ever, but as a collective nation of people who are PROUD to call this hunk of dirt home. Don't let some person who you'll never meet(let alone know on a personal level) decide how you and your family should live. Take to the streets and decide it your self! Remind them why they should fear their population. The call to arms is upon you, but only you can answer the door.

Once again, all the best,

Alerek

It took FDR to get us out of the depression and I believe that Barak Obama has the ability to follow in his footsteps. I don't believe in electing some as****e that want to continue right down the same road that got us here in the first place. I don't care which news channel you watch, liberal or conservative it's all bad news. Bush put us here, Republicans put us here, very wealthy people put us here, greed put us here. Wake up and smell the coffee. If all you can do is bitch bitch bitch then you need to vote differently.

Hugs,

Freta

I'm sorry, but...where we are now...was all started by FDR. FDR was the one who initiated deficit spending. His administration started all kinds of programs which has continuously kept us in debt. Obama will follow in his footsteps alright.

Now, I'm not saying its only democrats to blame for our deficit, as proven by these past 8 years. What I have to ask you though is: What have the democrats done for us these past 2 years? Where are all the promises they made 2 years ago? Bush could have been out of office 1 1/2 years ago, but the democrats beloved Pelosi states "Impeachment is off the table." Bush is a war criminal, and very few in the House will do anything about it.

Also, before I get flamed about the FDR thing...I do not lay total blame on him. A decent portion goes to lawmakers since then. Most programs were supposed to be killed off after the depression (and then after the war) but, as with politicians today, they didn't want to lose votes because they killed off the programs.

Look I don't really like McCain. McCain if far to liberal for my liking. I am not voting to install McCain. I am voting to keep Obama out. Obama is an extreme liberal wacked out Communist. McCain is the lessor of two evils. I like Sarah Palin more than I like McCain. My idea of a good candidate would be Pat Buchannan, Ron Paul or David Duke.

Vote for Bob Barr then? Bob Barr is the candidate for the Libertarian Party, and Ron Paul is a Libertarian. Or..you could vote for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party (whom Ron Paul is endorsing).

Why not vote for Barr or Baldwin, and keep both McCain AND Obama out? Why must people insist on keeping their minds on Democrats and Republicans? Unless you and others stop being "sheeple" and start voting your conscience, it will always be voting for the "lesser of two evils" and this country will be run right into the ground (actually it already is run into the ground, but we have started digging...jackhammer or shovel anyone?)

If you don't like either candidate, vote for someone else. Better yet, start opening up the eyes of people you know to this. If you don't, it will always be "more of the same". Neither Obama nor McCain will lead this country where we want it.

-Sky