• Hillary Clinton
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Nappy Naperson!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the Primary in my state is coming up soon, I am still undecided. I like some of what John McCain has said and I like the fact that he is a vertern but some things he says makes me not want to vote for him. Might end up voting for Hilary because she seems to be the most qualified besides McCain

I'm not allowed to vote in American elections. Your government won't let me. <_<

I would vote for Hillary cause she would make sure everyone had health care. That way all the mommies and daddies wouldnt have to worry about their bABys needing to goto the doctor! But i cant vote cause im too young (and i live in Canada) Daddy says.

Good poll question DD.

I am not from the States myself, but from what I see on TV I would go for Barack. At first I thought about Hillary, being more experienced and all that whole lobby of impotrant people behind her, but then it occured to me that Barack is accually a much better rhetorical speaker that has this really powerful energy about him. And the fact that he is much younger then all the other candidates is also a interesting fact and I think he can really shape the US into a whole new role in the world, cuz the Bush administration just sucks! And what I also find really nice is that he is black and he, in my opinion, resembles Denzel Washington :) and the late Martin Luther King. This would be a wonderful achievment for the effort of human rights that Mr. King fought for with such an intense passion that cost him his life.

So for me its quite decided. I just feel sorry that I cant vote :) but hey, you guys from the US can do it instead.

I would vote for Hillary cause she would make sure everyone had health care. That way all the mommies and daddies wouldnt have to worry about their bABys needing to goto the doctor! But i cant vote cause im too young (and i live in Canada) Daddy says.

Thats funny she didn't do anything about it the last time she was in office,,err I mean when her husband was in office and she was running the country :P:rolleyes:

I'll probably vote for Obama in the Texas primary, since I consider him to be the lesser of the evils. I wasn't fond of Hillary the first time around. She's too divisive, like a Democratic version of Bush. She couldn't get universal health care passed back in '93, even though she had a Democratic majority in both houses. That's not a good sign, and after eight years of Bush, we need a real diplomat more than ever. I'd even take McCain over Hillary, despite him being too far to the right for my tastes.

As for the general election, since we can safely assume that Texas will go Republican in the electoral college, I'll probably vote for either the Libertarian or Green candidate - depending on which candidate is closer to the economic center relative to those two parties.

justindiapers has the right thought process. anymore, we are just electing the lesser of the evils. obama is like JFK? what are they talking about? there hasn't been a president of my beloved country that was at all qualified since Ronald Reagan. Though i do give credit to GWB for his handling of 9/11. his legacy though is going to be the iraq war which i believe was selfish.

Yes he did do the right thing with 9/11 going and taking the taliban out of afganistan but he will be remembered for the Iraq war like you said because it gets the most media only time you here about troops in afganistan is when there is a major shoot out and people die you hear about Iraq daily

• 2 weeks later...

I like Huckabee best, even though he hasn't the chance of a snowball in Hell. I could settle for McCain.

Barack is a good rhetoritician, if using the word "change" eight times per sentence consitutes good rhetoric. Hillary thinks I'm anti-science and that I'm going to sigh with relief when Bush gets out of office. She's got the sigh of relief part right--I do that every time she shuts her trap. And I'll definitely be relieved when she loses the election, and I can finally turn on the TV without hearing her croak hatred for my values and those who've worked to give them life.

• 3 months later...

8.... a term is 4 years. Bush was elected two terms. 8 years.

Correction... he was not elected to 2 terms. In the 2000 elections our constitutional rights were violated and the supreme court made him president. It's pretty well known that Katherine Harris, Jeb Bush, and the folks at Diebold had a hand in rigging the election. Even in my home town in NH it was recently discovered that Diebold voting machines were rigged to swing a vote (a test was done where a number of yes votes and a number of no votes were entered into the machine... when the votes were tallied the WRONG count came back, the machine was found to have been tampered with and the guy in charge is a slime ball and already has a criminal record).

So, Bush was not elected to a term in 2000, he stole it and the Supreme Court fucked us all in the ass. How he got elected in 2004... oh yeah, the Dems chose the ONLY person on the planet who could possibly lose to him. GRRRRrrrrrrr

History will judge W and the Bush admin is the worst in American history. Finally the Supreme Court has come to it's senses in a few recent cases and actually upheld the constitution. Amazing. Unfortunately it's too little too late. Hundreds of thousands of people have died needlessly under this administration.

Anyhow... now that it's down to 2.... Barrack or McCain? I'm glad Barrack won over Hillary. I used to support her but Jon Stewart caught her in a two faced lie (it was a conflict of interest... in the same day she defended accepting lobbyist donations saying that the folks they represented had legitimate concerns an then she turned around and said that the lobbyists were not influencing her in any way (this was in relation to health care)). I'm afraid Hillary is now too much of a Washington politician. I think Barrack has a stronger moral foundation (and he seems more trustworthy to me... he's run one of the cleanest campaigns in recent history).

Bush is one of the best presidents we'll ever have (and I don't say that just because our options for the next four years are LOUSY). I just don't understand McCain, and the religion that is rising around Obama creeps me the hell out.

I am in awe of the sore losership shown by a lot of the Democrats over the past eight years. Such a disturbing capacity for hate...why can't they hate terrorists with as much energy, creativity and money as they hate Bush? (Noooooo...BUSH is the terrorist! BUSH caused 9/11! BUSH hates kittens!)

Bush is one of the best presidents we'll ever have

Really, perhaps you'd like to explain why Americans have less personal freedom now than they ever had in the history of this country? Perhaps you'd like to explain why terrorism is at a record high and how (as a direct result of the Iraq war) this country is in more danger than it's ever been in. Perhaps you'd like to explain why we dropped the search for Bin Laden (remember him... the guy who actually attacked us???) like a hot potato to go and bomb a country that was literally of no threat to us? Perhaps you'd like to explain why almost 7 years later we have no idea where Bin Laden is? Perhaps you'd like to explain why we're in Iraq? Oh yes, it's the WMDs. No wait... they have materials to make WMDs. Oh no... that's not it... they changed their story again. It's the yellow cake uranium (fabricated "intelligence" from a questionable source on a US payroll). No wait... the yellow cake uranium was a fraud. Now it's "they may have the capability to produce weapons of mass destruction". No wait, that's not. Well, now it's to bring democracy to the Middle East. No, that's not it either... oh yes... it's a humanitarian mission (how is killing over 100,000 Iraqis a humanitarian mission). It's going to cost 20 billion. Bzzt... 584 billion and counting. Please explain to my why we had a budget surplus at the end of the Clinton campaign and why we have the biggest budget deficit EVER now? Explain to me why freedom of the press has been squashed (god for big if the media was allowed to film caskets of dead soldiers who died protecting oil fields and not freedom). Explain to me why a law was passed that prohibits Bush and Dick from being prosecuted as war criminals (you'd only do that if you were guilty). Explain to me why he was not held accountable as a traitor (he has committed treason) for blowing one of our spie's cover because her husband didn't agree with Bush's politics? Explain to me certain DAs were fired? Explain to me why Haliburton are the ones getting the contracts to rebuild Iraq and not the Iraqi citizens? Explain why the Bush administration did away with Habeas Corpus (which the Supreme Court has recently rightfully restored)? Explain why Bush and crew thinks that it's OK to torture illegally held detainees? Please explain the deliberate campaign on behalf of the Bush Administration to convince the American people that Al Queda was in Iraq when it never was. Explain why the Bush administration has continually denied the real threat of global warming to the point of deliberately rewriting scientific reports and banning the use of certain words? Please explain to me why the dollar is so incredibly week right now? Please explain to me why this country is in a recession? Please explain why "No child left behind" is having such an incredibly negative effect on our public education system? Please explain why this president has taken more vacation than any other president in the history of this country?

584 BILLION dollars. With that kind of money we could have launched a "man on the moon" Kennedy-esque challenge to get America off of foreign fossil fuels within 20 years or so. You want to do damage to the Middle East... THAT is where you hit them.

You have either chosen to blatantly disregard facts, or you're completely ignorant. Seeing as you weren't old enough to vote in either election I'm guessing that you haven't really been paying all that much attention over the past 7.5 years. The options for a future election are irrelevant to the past. This president will go down in history as the worst ever. He will be associated with evil, and greed. He will be known as a mass murderer and as the president who completely destroyed any shred of good reputation that this country had left.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin

I agree to some extent.

People on welfare should not be allowed to vote.

Non-US citizens should not be allowed to vote.

People in mental institutions should not be allowed to vote.

Felons should not be allowed to vote.

There are some people who live in the US that should not be allowed to vote. Look at the past 7 years.

I can't vote for any of them, not even Nappy Naperson. But if I could, I would vote for anyone that removed my fingerprints from the FBI register.

If I lived in Cali and had to vote for a new mayor, I would vote for Sly Stallone. Instead of the usual boring election speeches, they could drop Sly and Arnie by chopper into the jungles of Venezuela, fully armed, and let them fight to the finish. Hey they could even put it on pay per view!

Beth

I agree it was a little funny how Bush won the elections in 200, but honestly I'd be terrified where we would be now if Gore had made president. I think Bush could have done better with the whole Iraq thing, but that he did a wonderful job with 9/11.

And as for who shall make president now: I really can't decide. Though if Obama chooses Clinton as his VP, I'm voting for McCain.

ETA: Anyone think it's funny how Obama won't stand for the National Anthem, and if by an off chance he does stand he won't put his hand over his heart? There are a lot of Veterans and military personel in the US, what a way to show them respect...not.

Really, perhaps you'd like to explain why Americans have less personal freedom now than they ever had in the history of this country? Perhaps you'd like to explain why terrorism is at a record high and how (as a direct result of the Iraq war) this country is in more danger than it's ever been in. Perhaps you'd like to explain why we dropped the search for Bin Laden (remember him... the guy who actually attacked us???) like a hot potato to go and bomb a country that was literally of no threat to us? Perhaps you'd like to explain why almost 7 years later we have no idea where Bin Laden is? Perhaps you'd like to explain why we're in Iraq? Oh yes, it's the WMDs. No wait... they have materials to make WMDs. Oh no... that's not it... they changed their story again. It's the yellow cake uranium (fabricated "intelligence" from a questionable source on a US payroll). No wait... the yellow cake uranium was a fraud. Now it's "they may have the capability to produce weapons of mass destruction". No wait, that's not. Well, now it's to bring democracy to the Middle East. No, that's not it either... oh yes... it's a humanitarian mission (how is killing over 100,000 Iraqis a humanitarian mission). It's going to cost 20 billion. Bzzt... 584 billion and counting. Please explain to my why we had a budget surplus at the end of the Clinton campaign and why we have the biggest budget deficit EVER now? Explain to me why freedom of the press has been squashed (god for big if the media was allowed to film caskets of dead soldiers who died protecting oil fields and not freedom). Explain to me why a law was passed that prohibits Bush and Dick from being prosecuted as war criminals (you'd only do that if you were guilty). Explain to me why he was not held accountable as a traitor (he has committed treason) for blowing one of our spie's cover because her husband didn't agree with Bush's politics? Explain to me certain DAs were fired? Explain to me why Haliburton are the ones getting the contracts to rebuild Iraq and not the Iraqi citizens? Explain why the Bush administration did away with Habeas Corpus (which the Supreme Court has recently rightfully restored)? Explain why Bush and crew thinks that it's OK to torture illegally held detainees? Please explain the deliberate campaign on behalf of the Bush Administration to convince the American people that Al Queda was in Iraq when it never was. Explain why the Bush administration has continually denied the real threat of global warming to the point of deliberately rewriting scientific reports and banning the use of certain words? Please explain to me why the dollar is so incredibly week right now? Please explain to me why this country is in a recession? Please explain why "No child left behind" is having such an incredibly negative effect on our public education system? Please explain why this president has taken more vacation than any other president in the history of this country?

584 BILLION dollars. With that kind of money we could have launched a "man on the moon" Kennedy-esque challenge to get America off of foreign fossil fuels within 20 years or so. You want to do damage to the Middle East... THAT is where you hit them.

You have either chosen to blatantly disregard facts, or you're completely ignorant. Seeing as you weren't old enough to vote in either election I'm guessing that you haven't really been paying all that much attention over the past 7.5 years. The options for a future election are irrelevant to the past. This president will go down in history as the worst ever. He will be associated with evil, and greed. He will be known as a mass murderer and as the president who completely destroyed any shred of good reputation that this country had left.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin

-blink- You'd be more inspiring to us youths who weren't old enough maybe if you used some proper Grammar, I honestly hate attacking that, but seriously? You expect to use the I'm guessing you're not old enough thing, but you're hardly making me feel better about any views of yours. She is entitled to her opinion, I honestly don't think Bush is the worst we've had, and the fact that the house is so split right now, and Bush didn't veto most bills his first term, or any, I think it was, just as much of the damage could be blamed on your faithful democrats, too busy hating bush and spouting non-sense about global warming, or maybe cooling, or what else is it now? Something bad? It's bush. Hot Day? Global Warming. Cold Day? Global Warming?.

To be honest dude, I'm just happy there hasn't been another 9-11, I'm just happy NYC is back to normal. I take what I get in stride and don't complain left and right about things that can be completely pulled out of the air. But serious, that rant, just wow. Honestly you say we're having our freedoms taken away from Bush, but I fear more for the democrats constantly trying to use the Courts to get around the public choice. They've been the ones pushing for more government control, most things done by Bush was looking out for National Security, and I do think in ways, he suceeded. As for the WMD thing, honestly, you'd be saying just as much if he ignored the threat of them existing. (How could he NOT follow information like that!?), and what Makes you think we're not actively searching for Bin Laden? That if we got a good lead, we wouldn't be following it up as much as any other lead we get? Oh, By the way, do you even know why there was a surplus of money at the end of the Clinton Administration? He didn't veto a republican bill.

Now, I can't, and don't want to argue all your points. Might some of them hold ground? Maybe. I just know alot of it holds no ground, which makes your credibility shaky as a whole, and I'd be much more inclinded to read through it, if it wasn't, well, typed like that. Politics makes me sick.. anyway. =/

You take the extremes of the news, find the middle, and that's about where the truth lies. I'm sick of the media slants (both conservative and liberal).

Now, can any Bush supporter tell me what good things he has done? And don't say we haven't had another 9/11, because ANY President would take action to protect their nation, not just a "Conservative".

NCLB is a joke. Ask any real teacher and they will tell you that. I know a few people who majored in education and now won't go into public schools because NCLB is garbage, it's a burden.

And storey, where did Obama not STAND for the National Anthem. I have seen where he didn't put his hand over his heart for it, but even I didn't know you did that until I looked it up. I was always led to believe you stood at attention facing the flag, removing any hats until it was part of a military uniform.