LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers On Your Period

Aleia

Does anyone wear diapers in lieu of tampons or pads? I am a very heavy bleeder, and my blood tends to run off the back of the pad, staining my clothes and sometimes creating embarrassing situations in public. I'm thinking about using diapers on my next period. Can they handle menstrual blood, though?

Does anyone wear diapers in lieu of tampons or pads? I am a very heavy bleeder, and my blood tends to run off the back of the pad, staining my clothes and sometimes creating embarrassing situations in public. I'm thinking about using diapers on my next period. Can they handle menstrual blood, though?

My girlfriend Melissa and me were wearing diapers and watching a movie and by the time of the end of the movie when she was about to leave she took of her diaper and when she opened the diaper was all bloody and you could see that the blood had soaked enough to see in the front of the diaper. it worked out for her. its probably to much protection. im not a girl but i would wear a adult pull ups or goodnights if i had a period if pads didnt cutting it for me. but im not a girl so Austa everyone

Before I got the courage to buy the actual thing, I used to wear thick period pads and pretend they were diapers. The thickest I've found are CVS Super Maxi and Stayfree Maximum Protection (the latter is also labelled for bladder control issues). But, as I said, no period pad is long or wide enough to accommodate my bleeding.

I recently bought a pack of Poise Panties, which are nice and discreet and have good coverage. I don't want to have to change these at school, so I'll probably wear period pads inside them.

But there's another problem with period pads--they irritate my skin in a way disposable diapers do not, which is odd. For that reason, I also bought a pack of Gerber cloth baby diapers--I could put a couple of these into a pair of plastic panties to cut down on the rash. Of course, I can only do this when I'm at home--I don't want to carry bloody cloth diapers around at school.

Google mooncup.

Now that's different.. kinda creepy to me but hey..anyway my old girlfriend used one of my diapers once for her period, and that was a crappy old green depends..

I would think that if you did use your diaper for #1 it would get a tad messy though for clean up.

Which makes me think. We got a number 1,2,3 for diapers, maybe this is a number 4?

Daft question really...sorry dont mean to run ya down...

Diapers/ nappies are made to hold a huge amount of liquid so the usual Monthly menstruation is nothing for a good diaper and it does give you the absolute peace of mind which can have such a fantastic uplifting on your spirits at a time of Hormonal confusion......

They are a god send and you can get on with life without batting an eye lid or worrying about having to change the pad or insert at regular intervals.

They should not however compromise Health and hygene...so 24 hrs of wearing the same diaper might not be the best thing to do.

The only down let ive found is well obvious really but tight jeans/trousers are a no no ! :lol:

Just grab a cork!

another mature, well thought comment from diapered whitch...

if you've got nothing to contribute why not just refrain from bad jokes?

one of my ex-girlfriends had bedwetting problems until she was like 16 or 17.... I knew her for a long time so it was not a big issue... however she used her diapers often during her period later -especially during night time. For me - of course no problem ;)

she said she found that this way she doesn't have to worry about staining the sheets...

• Like 1

another mature, well thought comment from diapered whitch...

if you've got nothing to contribute why not just refrain from bad jokes?

Just trying to amuse somebody. If somebody smirked at it, then I accomplished my goal.

Sorry if that bothers you so much.

yeah they do pretty good i wear depends at night cuz i have the same problem and im sick of it! lolit dont matter how wide the pad is u still miss it so yeah if u want to try it u can message me back

• 1 month later...

Seems like overkill.

I don't menstruate, but it seems to me as if though it would be uncomfortable and maybe a little unsanitary unless you changed very often, in which case, a pad/tampon would suffice. Unlike urine, menstrual blood is nutrient rich and isn't sterile when it leaves the body. It's a much better environment for bacterial pathogens, and it seems to me as if though it would more likely result in odor or risking an UTI. Leaving it in contact with the skin in what could become a very damp, humid, and enclosed environment would just make things worse I would think.

I mean then again though, if anybody enjoys wearing a diaper on their period, good for them I suppose. I'm after all, not one who likes to wear a wet diaper for longer than 10 minutes anyway.

The idea isn't to change less often, but to manage exceptionally heavy flow by covering as much surface area as possible. Pads can only absorb so fast; if fluid is coming out of you at a greater rate than the pad can absorb it, you get runoff. If there isn't enough absorbent area, that runoff has nowhere to go but off the pad. Plus, the blood likes to run down your butt crack if you recline ever so slightly.

Plus, the blood likes to run down your butt crack if you recline ever so slightly.

Oof, okay I know what that's like. When I had surgery and things were still healing up that would happen from time to time.

What's wrong with a tampon though? Almost nobody I know uses a pad anytime other than when they are in bed. I guess they might be uncomfortable for some, though I got curious and put one up there myself and didn't see how it would be preferable to wear a pad if I wasn't the sort that was inclined to wear diapers to begin with.

I mean like I said, if you're just wearing diapers on your period for the sake of it, by all means. I just don't see how it's more effective/convenient than most conventional methods.(not that anybody has said that to my knowledge in so many words, yet again, putting in my two cents)

Tampons would probably do the trick--way better than a pad, anyway--but I'm soooooooo squeamish about putting things in "there." I've never had sex before, either...weird, I know.