LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers On Your Period

Aleia

Oof, okay I know what that's like. When I had surgery and things were still healing up that would happen from time to time.

It still like diapers despite of wearing them for 7 weeks at the University Clinic of Göttingen in summer 2006. :rolleyes:

I've taken to wearing the heaviest absorbency of Serenity disposable incontinence panties for my "flow". I wore pads when I first started, partly because they were thick like diapers and partly because my mother didnt want her 9 year old using tampons. when i was 12 i switched to tampons, but now that i'm having feminine problems i have excruciating pain and very heavy flow every month so i had to switch back. i tried the diva cup for a while but with my flow and tilted uterus it was messy and uncomfortable. Pads always cause irritation on my bikini line, no matter what so i avoid them now. Besides that, I often dont wear any panties, unless I have an occasion for them to be seen. I hate wedgies lol. I'd wear diapers if it was practical, and I do to bed most of the time regardless. The protective underwear is more discreet, can hold one moderate accident or "on purpose" too, and is so much more effective than any menstrual containment product. They do a great job at controlling what i call "crack leak". I guess i can be put in the group that wears pullups for their period. I'd wear the goodnites but they are snug enough to make the cramps worse (as if it were possible). My size 12/14 butt wears 16s on that week lol!

dont wear diapers but thought i'd chime on the mooncup........have the diva cup and absolutly love love love it they have a huge learning curve on gettin them in just right....but once ya get the hang of it ....can go undieless or even wear white without fear heheheh love mine so much even just got one for friend of mine and after daughter has her baby in few months will get her one anyways thats my 2cents hehe

btw all the menstraul cups have 2 different sizes 1 for prechild birth 1 for after...the pre ones are much smaller

I tend to wear cloth nappies alot , but I found the blood seemed to stain them worse than poop, so I tend to put a pair of pullup pyjama pants under my cloth nappy now when Im on. It took several washes somtimes to get the nappy white again after I had stained them even nappy liners didn't help much

• 11 years later...

This is surprisingly common in the Facbook sex education group I'm in. Many females with heavier flows prefer to use a pull-up like always or depends instead of changing a pad every hour or so. So much planning goes into that time of the month. I had no idea.

So I've found diapers hit/miss when it comes to heavy flow.  Cheaper brand diapers such as depends/good nites have a tenancy to shift under my clothes when dry.  If they're only absorbing blood not wet, they also have a tenancy to leak through the leak guards.  That can create an awkward/embarrassing situation quickly.  On the same vein, if things dry up too fast and you don't use the right creams/powders, you can cause a painful rash!

That being said, the more expensive brands are wider and don't move as much.  I feel confident both wetting and bleeding into them for better absorption.  Since I've been wearing 24/7 and using most of the time (dry pull ups at work, diapers at home), I do wind up just using my diapers for all intended purposes.

56 minutes ago, LittleAmytheil said:

So I've found diapers hit/miss when it comes to heavy flow.  Cheaper brand diapers such as depends/good nites have a tenancy to shift under my clothes when dry.  If they're only absorbing blood not wet, they also have a tenancy to leak through the leak guards.  That can create an awkward/embarrassing situation quickly.  On the same vein, if things dry up too fast and you don't use the right creams/powders, you can cause a painful rash!

That being said, the more expensive brands are wider and don't move as much.  I feel confident both wetting and bleeding into them for better absorption.  Since I've been wearing 24/7 and using most of the time (dry pull ups at work, diapers at home), I do wind up just using my diapers for all intended purposes.

Would you say that you change your diaper more often when you are on your period or about the same as normal?

10 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

Would you say that you change your diaper more often when you are on your period or about the same as normal?

When I use pull ups, yes I do change far more often.  As far as diapers go, if I'm using a good premium brand, the changes are about the same.

On 2/11/2008 at 4:00 AM, Aleia said:

Does anyone wear diapers in lieu of tampons or pads? I am a very heavy bleeder, and my blood tends to run off the back of the pad, staining my clothes and sometimes creating embarrassing situations in public. I'm thinking about using diapers on my next period. Can they handle menstrual blood, though?

I've found diapers work even better than pads whenever i wearm them, but i am wearing for extended periods of time so it feels kinda gross when you can't change it as quickly as a pad.

• 3 years later...