• n/a
  3. 3. what is your primary reasion for owning them

• hunting
    • sport
    • hobby
    • careere(LE or dealer)
    • self defence
    • n/a

Let's pretend I am a criminal. This is the convo that is going to occur if I am honest

NOGUNS: We are going to make guns illegal so you'll think twice about getting them
ME: So how does that affect me? I'm already a criminal. I can ALWAYS get one since IDGAS (I Don't Give A Shit) about your laws: and when has prohibition every worked anywho? I'M A FRIGGIN' CRIMINAL ALREADY: Shit-For-Brains! But I think it's a great idea since my prospective, law-abiding VICTIMSS will not be able to get them and that suits me fine

But here is how it would actually go down

NOGUS: We are going to ban guns so you can't get them
Me (crying crocodile tears) Oh: Please don't I'll be a good boy. I PROMISE! If I can't get a gun, how can I rob people? Threaten to gouge them with the peak of my tiara? (inside I'm thinking "Jeeze I hope this sucker buys the act and goes through with it. Prohibition has never worked so I'll have a heater two days after the ban goes into effect, but the law-abiding sheeple don't have the stones to buck The Man. Go 4 it; Dufus")

When I was a teenager and my aunt would say "Don't EVER let me catch you...", I'd say "OK; you won't catch me [which she thought was funny]". Madie it stick when I had to

Actually, I do not really think much of them, I have a passing interest, mostly in historica ones

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=forgotten+weapons

and

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=c%26rsenal

• 1 month later...

Love my firearms glad we I live in the US with a second amendment.   People tend to forgot firearms are just a tool and it's the user who is ultimately responsible for any misgivings just as it's not the car that is punished for killing someone after they drove drunk.  Don't punish the tool blame the irresponsible firearm owners and criminals.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always lived in rural areas and you need guns just to take a walk in the woods in  many states.

I am a ex federal security officer and worked in the mining industry for many years working and running gold mines.

Criminals think gold mines have gold on hand all the time. But they also know many of us are armed and very skilled.

In one area i ran a mine there were three operating mines and all the people that ran them had CCW permits.

But in that small town if you called the cops it took 45 mins for them to get there on a good day with good weather.

Funny part up there was one of the cops told me if i had to shoot a criminal to use the mines backhoe and plant them deep so he would not have to do the paperwork.

The Queen loaned me one of hers many years ago.  I don't miss it.

I cannot think of any situation I have ever been in where having a gun would have improved anything, indeed it would have made things much worse.

I keep a sword handy for unwelcome visitors.  They don't like it up 'em, you know.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I like firearms. I like anything mechanical, electronic or both, really, so why should guns be the exception. At the moment I have a 14" barrell pump-action shotgun (Fabarm, made in Italy), and will be buying a pistol soon. Probably a Glock (what else) in 9mm or .357 sig. I didn't really like the design of Glocks, initially, but I've tried a couple and they kinda grew on me. 

What I don't like is all the bullshit that surrounds it. I've heard enough to last me a lifetime.

From the left, how we absolutely positively must have a nanny-state government that makes sure people never get their hands on anything more dangerous than a pencil sharpener or the streets will turn into a constant bloodbath (hint: they won't), and how people in general are not capable of taking care of themselves (they are) and couldn't possibly comprehend how to own and use guns in a safe manner (they can and they do).

From the right how any kind of verification to see if you as a person are in fact responsible enough to be owning and handling a firearm is an oppressive tyranny worse than hitler, stalin and pol pot combined (it isn't), and an unacceptable infringement of a God-given right (that's just ridiculous; there's no evidence that god even exists, let alone that he gives a shit about your boomstick), and how in a SHTF situation, any law-abiding-citizen with a gun will save the day (not necessarily).

That's why I'm glad that I live in a country where this is not a polarizing issue, where we have a much more rational approach, where we have a legal system in which to own a gun, you need to pass a theoretical exam to prove your knowledge of the law regarding firearms, and a practical exam to prove your capability of operating firearms safely, a system that is not overbearing to people who are actually trustworthy, responsible and just in general have their shit together, and at the same time, with reasonable reliability weeds out the dangerous wannabe vigilantes who think everyone around them is eager for them to come to their 'rescue' with guns blazing, the unstable, aggressive, inferiority complex ridden, with fake machismo brimming troglodytes who'd only get in trouble and hurt people in the process of showing off how much of a 'men' they are, and those whose physical or mental state plain and simply is incompatible with safe possession and operation of firearms.

It's different from the bipolar society with its prominent extreme ends, both distinctive by their respective paranoias:

- one where according to an imaginary sky-daddy, it doesn't matter if you're absolutely batshit insane, no-one is even allowed to think there might be a problem with you having an arsenal that could arm a battalion at your disposal, because what if one day you find yourself surrounded by liberal neomarxist zombie sharks with freaking lasers who've come to confiscate your guns, force you to have a socialized healthcare and trample on your traditional christian family values by recruiting you to a "homosexual lifestyle"

- the other where it doesn't matter how much of a dangerous area you live in, you must not even think obout owning a gun, because guns are basically sentient beings designed strike fear into the hearts of the innocent, and seduce their weilders to turn to the dark side and become bloodthirsty racist trigger-happy psycho ku-klux-klan member gun nuts who will without a doubt eradicate the nearest kindergarten, simply because you can't supress your killer instinct, not at the sight of your evil black fully-semiautomatic tactical assault bottomless 500 round clip .50 bmg caliber long short barrelled compact concealed-carry machine grenade launcher with a folding stock that doubles as an ICBM silo.

When there's another mass shooting in USA it will be the same as usual. One side doing candle-light vigils and demanding a sweeping action, other side frothing at their mouths how it's not their fault and something about cold dead hands yadda yadda yadda, more division, less constructive dialogue, and in the end, fuck-all will be done to address and hopefully fix the real issue, so it's only a question of time until it happens again.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Ooh, a gun thread.

I saw on the first page, someone said something like “you don’t need a gun for self defense.” You’re not wrong, per se. I don’t know about any of you, though, but I’m not willing to fist fight a crowbar-wielding heroine addict trying to rob me for their next high. I have absolutely no fighting experience. I’ve never thrown a punch and no one has ever thrown a punch at me. I’m a wuss, okay? A piece of paper could kick my butt.

That being said, I own like 7 or 8. I have two small handguns that fit easily into my back pockets. I don’t carry every day, mostly because I almost never leave the house. I have three rifles, two of which are meant more for squirrel and rabbit hunting. Lastly, I own two shotguns, though one is a couple screws shy of being able to be assembled. I’ve used all for target shooting only (well, except the handguns. One is used for self defense as I said, but it’s only ever been used to shoot cans and bottles. The other, I had no ammo for since I bought it and can’t find any (target rounds) anywhere).

One last thing before I go, remember that the entire Bill of Rights was written for the amendments’ respective reasons.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The reason I think guns are important are:

1) they are a great equalizer. I have a wife that is 5’2’’ and if a man ever tried to attack her than there is nothing she could do to stop him. With a gun, she can defend herself against anybody, and yes sometimes lethal force is necessary to defend yourself. 

2) it can protect against government tyranny. There have been countless governments that have oppressed their people (nazi Germany, communist USSR, maoist China, Venezuela, China today with the Uygur muslims etc). I understand for some countries it’s hard to fathom your government taking over but it has happened countless times throughout history. When the population at large is armed the government cannot impose its will through force

• Thanks 3

Don't know if I responded before,but to answer the main question. 

You can have my guns when you remove them from my dead hands, howerver be careful the barrel may still be hot.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an avid defender of an individuals right to defend themselves from outside threats.   I've taught my daughter to shoot because I don't want her to be the victim of a rapist and I'd rather see a rapist dead because they picked the wrong target than a woman becoming a victim of rape(men can get required too).  It's no one else's business as to what I do or don't own.   There's always going to be bad people and the only way to defend against that is to be as armed as the bad guys.  Criminals choose easy and unaware targets.  If you walk around like someone that doesn't think bad things are going to happen,  congratulations, you've just made yourself a target.   

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. 

• Like 1