LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If You Go To The Hospital

it probably all depends on what part of the body the surgery was if in the diaper region i would thing they would use a Cather. let me tell you one thing tho hospital diapers are absorbent as plastic pants :o

As the others have said, so much "Depends" on that hospital's policy, and the reasons for the surgery.

If you were involved in an accident while you were diapered, then at the very least the ER triage nurse would ask about your bladder and bowel control. Because an operating room needs to be kept clean, please do not be surprised if your diaper is removed prior to surgery. Just as hospitals seldom allow you to bring your own drugs, chances are if nurses are expected to change you, the hospital will insist on using their standard brand, and the price will be higher than buying diapers on-line.

Most surgery is elective, planned in advance. Almost always the pre-surgery instructions include not eating 8 or more ours prior, not drinking even water 8-12 hours prior and often taking 1 or 2 enemas. Usually for surgery you will be on IV, which work better if you are slightly dehydrated.

Early in 2007 my husband Don was diagnosed with prostate cancer. His annual PSA blood test came back elevated in January, so he was referred to a urologist for more extensive tests and another PSA. The results were identical, so Don was scheduled for a surgical biopsy as day surgery. He had to fast the night before, without drinking, then take a pair of Fleet's enemas an hour apart that morning. Leading up to the biopsy, both of us met the whole urology team, including the doctor, 2 physicians and several urology nurses. Knowing nothing about me, since these are not my own long-time urologists, the senior PA seemed slightly coy, almost shy, saying Don would leak urine for a few days after the biopsy. Playing along, I asked if maybe I should buy some sort of containment garment so Don would be comfy on the ride home. Of course actually we probably have a better selection of adult diapers at home than are sold in the average supermarket.

Once the biopsy came back as an especially fast-growing form of cancer, the decision to have robotic surgery was a no brainer. There was a 6 week wait for an available operating room date, during which Don went on an increased physical fitness program, to really tone his abdominal muscles. During that time we got to know the female physical therapist who would provide exercise and coaching to restore Don's control post surgery. Don told her I had brought an Attends tape-on for the biopsy ride home, and that Depend Adjustable had worked fine the couple of days after. She said that by the time Don woke up in recovery, he would have a catheter which would stay in place at least a week. In the hospital probably don would not need a diaper, and if so they would be provided, paid for by his health plan as part of the whole procedure. Then, when he was to be sent home a few days later, I should bring a tape-on for him to wear, and put a good underpad on the car seat, since the jiggle of the ride would cause some urine leaks. Then to prevent leaks, when Don needed to go anywhere, he should consider using either a tape-on or pull-on.

The post-op recovery went very well. As soon as the cath was removed, Don had some control. The coaching was not so different from toilet training of toddlers, with slightly more "big-boy" language.

I dont like hospitals, they are a bad place. :bash:

I have spent to many days, weeks, months, years of my life in a hospital. :crybaby:

I do anything I can to avoid them. :biker_h4h:

But if you have to be there, Take your own supplies. The stuff supplied is the cheapest

crap made. If you can even get anything while your there.

My experiance is that the nurses would raither change you, then the bed, sheets, pillow,

gown, and have to wash you down. Its much easier to just change the diaper.

You may want to talk to your DR before hand and make sure he puts it in his DR orders

that you need Adult Absorbant Products ie Diapers while you are admitted.

Keep in mind that depending on the surgery (type and length) they may cath you any way. Why? A) because they want to closely monitor your urine output and B) because the anasthetics mess with your bowel and kidney function.

My dad went in for knee surgery and post surgery couldn't pee. In fact they won't let you go home until you've pee'd a certain amount. This is to ensure you kidney's are functioning and the urethra isn't dialated. So he ended up being cath'd for a week and going on flomax to get things back in order. He's never had a urinary problem before....

So take what ever diapers you want with you, but don't be surprised to wake up cath'd (or they cath'd you for the procedure and took it out before you awoke).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

All I can say... is thank God for Canada's medical system/coverage!

You don't get a bill for hospital visits -- regardless of what you are/were there for! B)

Do you think it is really fair for you to clog up the healthcare system faking medical problems (which you suggest is what you are doing with your post) just to show off the fact that you wear diapers, when other people with serious problems have to wait weeks or months to be seen with serious health issues?

Do you think it is really fair for you to clog up the healthcare system faking medical problems (which you suggest is what you are doing with your post) just to show off the fact that you wear diapers, when other people with serious problems have to wait weeks or months to be seen with serious health issues?

where did he say he was faking medical need, he just said there is no bill regardless of why you go in

I think it would be great to not have to balance whether a diagnostic test is worth the money or whether I should risk it, I have insurance but the limits for coverage per diagnosis are very small

I have pretty good insurance that pays for almost everything. I still am appalled when I get the bill in the mail. Back in 2006, I broke my collar bone. I was in the ER for 90 minutes and all they did was take a couple of x-rays and give me 2 Vicodin and a prescription for 10 more and the bill came to $1,200. My insurance paid for it, but can you imagine if that bill had gone to someone who in unfortunate enough not to have insurance, or their insurance won't pay the bill?

Yeah, and us people who can't pay those premiums aren't really any less likely to be injured or become ill (of course that depends on occupation).

I spent three days last week with food poisoning, or something, but I couldn't afford to get checked out (though I couldn't keep even water down) despite my health insurance. Good insurance and I wouldn't have money to live on.

Someday there will be something better than the sickcare system, and we shall give thanks. lol

I have pretty good insurance that pays for almost everything. I still am appalled when I get the bill in the mail. Back in 2006, I broke my collar bone. I was in the ER for 90 minutes and all they did was take a couple of x-rays and give me 2 Vicodin and a prescription for 10 more and the bill came to $1,200. My insurance paid for it, but can you imagine if that bill had gone to someone who in unfortunate enough not to have insurance, or their insurance won't pay the bill?

Thats one hell of a bloody ripp off! What would happen if you refused to pay it?

I spent 6 hours having all sorts of tests done when a bat flew in my face in New Delhi nearly knocking me off a motorcycle. It give me a huge black eye as well as leaving some wired cold gunk on my face. It totally freaked me out because I thought I may get Rabies. Anyhow traveling around on back of a motorcycle shitting my pants trying to get the driver to understand me and get me to a good A&E hospital so I could have a full course of rabies shots. Cost me just under $100 american dollars for vaccine (made in france) and to administer the shot in my arm and have loads of other tests done as well. First class treatment. Althought I would of got it completely free in the UK.

American health care is just wrong.

Thats one hell of a bloody ripp off! What would happen if you refused to pay it?

I spent 6 hours having all sorts of tests done when a bat flew in my face in New Delhi nearly knocking me off a motorcycle. It give me a huge black eye as well as leaving some wired cold gunk on my face. It totally freaked me out because I thought I may get Rabies. Anyhow traveling around on back of a motorcycle shitting my pants trying to get the driver to understand me and get me to a good A&E hospital so I could have a full course of rabies shots. Cost me just under $100 american dollars for vaccine (made in france) and to administer the shot in my arm and have loads of other tests done as well. First class treatment. Althought I would of got it completely free in the UK.

American health care is just wrong.

I'm not sure. Since my insurance pays for pretty much everything, I've never refused to not pay for anything. The hospital is there to make money. It is a business. So, they charge a bunch of money for minimal care.

I'm not sure. Since my insurance pays for pretty much everything, I've never refused to not pay for anything. The hospital is there to make money. It is a business. So, they charge a bunch of money for minimal care.

I don't mean to be rude. How much is good medical insurance in America?

I don't mean to be rude. How much is good medical insurance in America?

Anywhere from $300 to $600 per month. Mine is about $500 per month. That $500 covers myself and my fiancee for just about anything that could happen. They gave me a list of things they won't pay for(Wasn't very long, three of four things), but I don't remember what I did with it.

Anywhere from $300 to $600 per month. Mine is about $500 per month. That $500 covers myself and my fiancee for just about anything that could happen. They gave me a list of things they won't pay for(Wasn't very long, three of four things), but I don't remember what I did with it.

I suppose thats not bad. Works out about $60 American dollars each per week. Its $85 American dollars a month for private medical coverage here in England but that excludes pre-existing medical conditions. All you are paying for really is quicker medical treatment then using the NHS. It becomes more expensive as one gets older.

Gee "sarahjane" ... perhaps you should learn to READ (thank you db70db70) ...because no where did I mention anything about faking [any] medical condition. the point of my reply/post was to point out that if you require diapers while you're at a hospital in Canada, as a Canadian citizen, there isn't any bill... for anything. Not diapers, not surgery. Nothing. Perhaps you should watch the Michael Moore movie, "Sicko"....or maybe just re-read what I wrote. :P

And by the way: like you, I wear diapers because I'm incontinent.

Gee "sarahjane" ... perhaps you should learn to READ (thank you db70db70) ...because no where did I mention anything about faking [any] medical condition.

Because you stressed (in italics) "whatever the reason", which suggests the reason may be other than a valid one. Also, you followed that with an emoticon in sunglasses with a wry smile, as if you were suggesting you were hiding something.

I've dealt with fake patients. A woman came in through the ER, complaining of pelvic pain. Over and over about her pelvic pain, wanted an exam. The did an x-ray first, saw the soft-tissue shadow a penis clear as day on the film. She just wanted to be examined and "found out" as a transvestite or transsexual or whatever he/she/it was. No medical problems found. Just wanted to see what would happen when some unsuspecting nurse pulled up the gown and freaked out.

Same with other posters here who have bragged about going to the MD's office in their diapers to be "caught", or in an attempt to get a nurse to "change them", as if a nurse is some sort of sex industry worker.

So that's what your wry-smile and italic post said to me. I have little patience for "patients" who clog the system.

he point of my reply/post was to point out that if you require diapers while you're at a hospital in Canada, as a Canadian citizen, there isn't any bill... for anything

Actually, there is a bill. It is your taxes. Nothing is free. In the US, the employer pays the majority of the health insurance costs with the employee paying a smaller charge (mine is now down to $10/month, not bad considering my medication costs nearly $200 per day). In Canada, the full burden is shifted to the employee in their taxes. That does help when you have evil employers who cheat the system, like Wal-Mart, who in the US structures it's employment so carefully to force citizens onto welfare and public assistance for their health care, so I get to pay for the health care they refuse to provide to their employees.

I know all about medical systems all over the world. Every one has its problems. The medication I am on is highly restricted in Canada, Australia and the UK because they don't want to have to pay for it. In the US, I can get it because the FDA does not pay the bills, so they authorized it and now the insurance companies have to deal with it. I know a person in New Zealand who cannot get her birth control drugs, which she needs to control massive problems with bleeding. The birth control she needs (for various reasons due to her other health conditions, others do not work) is not available there. The government has to provide all approved medications, so if something is too expensive, they simply don't approve it--even if you offer to pay for it yourself, you can't have it. She has to fly to Australia and pay with her own money to get the implants done.

The system in the US is fine if you've got a good job or have no job at all. If you're an unemployed illegal immigrant, you're golden! The raw deal is if you are one of the working poor with a low-end job. I was in that spot through school, I know all about it.

The problems with socialized medicine are also long. I recall (now this has been 15 years), in my city we had a dozen MRI scanners, but there was only one in all of Toronto, a much larger city! An emergency MRI was a 45 day wait, and worried Canadian patients were traveling to Michigan to get scans done because they would rather pay for an MRI than die for free. The Canadian government later started paying the fees for patients to be seen in the US, which is kind-of funny since US patients want to buy drugs in Canada.

I had a very interesting conversation with a German medical student who was studying the US system in order to improve their system, something that had me slack-jawed. But it turned out, they had a whole series of their own problems.

Nothing. Perhaps you should watch the Michael Moore movie, "Sicko"....or maybe just re-read what I wrote. :P

And by the way: like you, I wear diapers because I'm incontinent.

Yes, Michael Moore does a good job of presenting his main viewpoint of "everything sucks in the US and always will". Very popular in Canada and among the self-flagellating University crowd here.

Of course, Michael Moore's very own company owns stock in US-based drug and medical equipment giants like Eli Lilly, Boston Scientific, Pfizer, Genzyme and Becton Dickenson, plus defense contractors Loral, Boeing and Honeywell. Plus the massive energy/defense contractors Halliburton and Williams...McDonalds, oil drillng company Schlumberger, Conoco, Pepsi, etc. All the things he complains about. See pages 17-19. 2000 tax return, 2001 tax return,

2002 tax return. I guess it is just fine to make money off those industries as long as you complain about them.

I did read what you wrote in the cited message, and I hope you see my viewpoint. I have become very jaded here lately, as the fetish crowd has basically destroyed every single online incontinence site. I'm just sick of it all. That's why I rarely post anymore. I am so embittered towards them all that I am starting to lash out like them. You become what you hate. Most of the users here are nice, but the bad ones are really bad.

But I rarely feel good anymore--I'm up in the middle of the night because I am in massive pain, but narcotics steal my ability to function, and the other drugs don't work anymore. I have two choices: live in pain or live in a fog. For now, I have chosen the pain. But it limits my patience with people who deliberately abuse others for their own pleasure.

I though that as they have 95% of this site for their needs, they might leave this corner alone, but they don't. They gain their pleasure from making other people uncomfortable.

I suppose thats not bad. Works out about $60 American dollars each per week. Its $85 American dollars a month for private medical coverage here in England but that excludes pre-existing medical conditions. All you are paying for really is quicker medical treatment then using the NHS. It becomes more expensive as one gets older.

If you have full-time employment in the US your employer is obligated to provide some sort of coverage at a flat fee--the employer pays the majority. It typically ranges from $0-$40 month for a single person, more for families.

My previous employer paid 100%, which was nice. I only had to come up with $10 copay for doctor's visits.

My present employer offers a range of plans from free to $40 a month. I signed up to the most expensive one, but I also signed up for an additional employee health program that gives me a $30 credit per month. So my coverage is presently $120 per year, though I have to come up with 10% of all expenses with a $1500 annual cap. But I hit that annual limit in the first or second month, so from there everything is paid for the year

You generally only have to self-pay for insurance if you are self-employed. A lot of self-employed groups (farmers, etc) band together and do a group insurance purchase to offset the fees.