LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Molicare Brand

Necros

Yeah i was getting ready to buy a bag of ether Molicare Super plus or ATN all-though-the-night .... and was wondering what would be the best buy for me.

I value discreteness and bulkiness ... i think molicare would be better on that one but, i also HATE bad tapes ... i never tried neither of these diapers so i can't really know which has a better tape system. If you want to compare to other diapers that i have tried these ones heres a list: Attends 10 with waistband, Tena super, Tena ultra, Depends (all of them), various crappy store brands.

Thank you for your input, your help is very appreciated!

-Necros-

ps:Price is not an issue here. (you can also suggest an even better diaper than these ones if you feel theres a better one :P)

I love molicare super plus, but since you mentioned tapes, I'll tell you that the tapes aren't perfect. There's only two on each side, and that was a problem when I was bigger. I've lost a fair bit of weight in the past year and now they fit much better, but before, they would tend to gap open on the sides a bit in a way that three-tape diapers never did. I always ended up supplementing them with a bit of packing tape on each side. I don't need to do that anymore, though.

Also, there's a trick to them--if you just press the tape down the usual way, it won't stick all that well. What you have to do is stretch the tape wayyy out across the front of the diaper and then stick it down, and it'll spring back and pull tight and stick hard--since I figured that out I haven't had a tape come loose once.

I wish they weren't purple but other than that I can't recommend them highly enough. They also, I have to add, feel better than any other diaper I've worn, especially when wet. They have a wicking lining that spreads the wetness a long way, which is a very pleasant sensation, I find. Before I tried molicares I never knew what I was missing.

I've also heard very good things about bambinos and secure X plus and abena X plus, and someday I'll get around to trying them... but in the meantime, molicares are great.

Hi,

I am a complete molicare fan. They are pretty much the only disposable I will wear. The Molicare Super plus are amazing. If your not a fan of them being purple then the regular molicares are baby blue. The colour doesnt bother me though. I highly recommend them. If I remember correctly your from moncton(perhaps) and I think theres a quality life cares store there. If not www.qualitylifecares.com sells them at a fair price (just put a not that you want plain brown box, which can be an issue with them).

Hi all. I'm a relatively new with actually wearing diapers. I've been a DL (at heart) for most of my life, but the first time i ever bought and wore adult diapers was the day i joined as a member of these forums! To this day i have only bought 4 packs of diapers (about 60 diapers total), and im very shy when it comes to buying in person!

Well, the first two packs that i bought were Depend Maximum Protection from my local rite aid pharmacy (i live in OR, so my choices are very limited due to the fact that ordering online is not as convenient for me as i would like it to be!). Of course, i was extatic to finally get my first diapers and really embrace my secret desire to wear them. I definitely heard many Depend horror stories on these forums since then and there are many points which i can agree on (namely, absorbency and leaking issues). However, i did enjoy my Depends, and they were surely better than nothing. But after i ran out of diapers, and after hearing all these stories of the greatness of Abena, Bambino and Molicare, i wanted something better... (Unfortunately, due to my nervousness and shyness about buying, and my lack of willingness to order online, i went for a while without having any diapers at all. About a month or so at least.)

Well, i used that time to consider my next plan of action and summon up the courage to buy my next two bags. I was told (by someone on these forums) that there was a medical supply store in my city that sold molicares and i decided they would be worth a try. Well long story short, i drove there one day and chickened out because i saw 2 other customers in the store when i drove by, and i wanted to go in when it was empty... lol... So i drove back yesterday (friday) morning at about 10:15am to try again, and it turned out to be totally empty. So in order to make myself feel a little better, i ripped a piece of paper and wrote what i wanted on it (molicare super plus large, two bags), and when i went it, i was shaking and my heart was pounding and i handed it to the old lady who worked there, telling her: "Im here to pick up some incontinence products for a family member, i think this is the brand". She was friendly and said "yes, let me go get some from the back room", and left me alone in there for a good few minutes (which seemed like a lifetime, lol) and then came back and sold them to me. What a relief. As i drove out in my manual transmission car, my foot was shaking so much that my clutch was extremely hard to control, hahaha.

Anyway, when i got home, of course, i tried them out a.s.a.p., and wow, was i impressed. These things are a million years beyond depends! Depends were ok with me, but these just blew them away. I hide my diapers in 2 guitar cases and with the depends i could fit two bags of 16 into the two cases. With the molicare i could only fit ONE bag of 14 into them. They are amazingly thick and big, i was shocked and pleasantly surprised! As i put my first one on, i immediately noticed how soft it was (coupled with a helping of j&j baby powder, it was wonderful). When i wet it, i immediately noticed how absorbent they were in comparison, and leaks were not a problem. (actually i did have a little leak, but that was because i was used to the 3 tapes of the depends and my diaper wasnt really tight enough to sleep/lie down in). Another huge positive was the fact that they were extremely comfortable all the time. Dry, wet, and then wet for a good few 3 hours, it was always comfortable. As a matter of fact, after wetting for a while, they suck up wetness really really well, and you dont ever feel very clammy, but you still get nice warmth and squishiness. =) If i was really incontinent, and not just a DL, i would pick these for my needs, at least opposed to depend brand! I have been able to wet these very heavily and i have not had a real leak, other than the first one when it wasnt tight enough *which was my fault, not the diapers*... Oh, and, some people have mentioned a cloth-like backing on the diaper, but mine seems to be very plastic-ish. Its definitely not as loud as the depends, and the plastic feels softer and smoother. Another positive is that there is a lot of absorbent material on these things, when you first open these compared to depends, it seems like the absorbent stuff itself is as big as the entire depends diaper would be, lol. I highly recommend these, to those who haven't tried them.

For all the pros of this diaper, there are still a few cons, but nobody is perfect, eh? One of the cons are (for me) the fact that this diaper has a really high wasteline compared to the depends max. I dont know why, but that kind of annoys me, not a huge thing, and i can deal with that, but i still thought it was worth mentioning.. They must design them for old people who wear there pants really high, hehehe. Another negative, in my opinion, is the fact that it isnt quite as loud as the depends. Im really a DL who likes the crinkle ;), but thats another thing i can get over, because the feeling of these diapers is bliss compared to the depends. Another minor thing that some people may not like is the purple color of the plastic and the stripes on it, although i think its still kinda cute, it could be much prettier, and in some ways i like plain white better. (although light blue would be really kinda cute too, hahah)... Another little annoyance is that if you move around a lot, the absorbent material rips easily and shifts around, but the depends do it just as bad, or even worse... The BIGGEST CON of these diapers and the only semi-problem that i have found, and i know there are others who agree with this, is the tapes.... First of all, personally, i love having six tapes, and that was something i loved about the depends (depends tapes werent great, but having three sets of them was a bit plus and i feel like it made it easier for me to put them on, and easier to get a tighter fit. Also having three sets of tapes divides the pressure by three instead of by two.)... The second problem with the tapes is that they do not restick as well as they should... IF you get them on perfectly the first time, it holds really really well, but if you retape them 1 time, they lose a lot of their sticking ability. If they come untaped involuntarily, one time, you can expect that you will do it again and again. I find it harder to get a nice and tight fit with these than it is with the depends max protection. I really really wish these had better tapes, but i think altogether, these are a thousand times better than depends, and as long as i have the option to walk into the store and get these, instead of the depends, i will do so in an instant!

Overall, im very very happy with the Molicare Super Plus (large), and i will buy them again.

Any recommendations what i should try next? Abena X-Plus is on the list for sure. =)

-edokat

I completely agree with everything you said there, edokat.

I've found that the molicare tapes worked better for me after I'd practiced with them. It helps if you stretch the tape way out before taping it down; the diaper covering is slightly elastic, and if you stretch it out before taping, it will tend to pull back into a good shape and tautness even if you didn't get the tape down in precisely the right spot. That also helps the tape stick better, I find.

Even so, I used to always put a little bit of plastic packing tape on the spot between the two tapes on each side, to close the gap. But I lost a lot of weight this past year and now I don't need to do that anymore.

Welcome to the Molicare crowd. Boy you brought back memories from years ago for me. I used to use the Nasty Depends in Green, and the baby blue attends from then as well. I remember putting on my first Molicare. It was like I was in heaven. I must have used it six times at the house before I even thought of changing it. It's all I wear now. The comfort and security they provide can't be measured (I am Incontinent).

I have tried Bambino's and The X-pluses, Very well made as well, but I always come back to Molicare my first true diaper. If you want a blue diaper then you can drop down to the Molicare Classics style they are Baby Blue about half the price and half the abosrbancy, but still 3 times better than a depend. They work well for a daytime diaper as they are alot thinner under your cloths. Again welcome to the real diaper world!

There is only one disposable, that I have tried, that beats Molicare. The Abenas are better but they cost more money.

I hear the Bambinos are good but I have never tried them. I guess it is because I am not in to the baby look.

Try using the secure plus xplus sometime. I hear the bambinos are based off of them, I got a bag to try them out, and actually like them alot. I wear the mediums, but if you are on the edge of wearing the abena mediums, you might need to move up to a large. These actually have a slightly smaller waist line then the abenas do. Well, if you actually want the tapes to land on the tape zone anyways.

Hmmm, i did have a bit of a leak last night, from the upper back, when i was asleep. I didnt feel it, but when i got up in the morning there was a pretty bad wetspot. (im not a bedwetter, but sometimes i like to pee before i get in bed because its fun to sleep in a wet diaper, hehe... although sometimes i have a hard time getting to sleep in one!) I think its cause im not good at making them tight without the elastic. My depends always used to leak from the leg wholes, but now im getting leaks from the back! =*(!

I still love these molicares though. hehe. =) I just need to learn how to make them tighter at the back!

Oh wow i didn't know of this site !

Yes i come from moncton and i'll probably order from them being that their the cheapest i've seen !

Anyone have anymore canadian sites i could shop for quality diapers

-Necros-

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh wow, this is an old post of mine! Almost 2 years ago haha.

At that time i wasn't even aware how any higher end diapers felt. Now i know Molicare and Abena (and more recently Bambino) are amazing diapers that are worth EVERY penny you spend for them!

I can't recommend them enough!

Necros

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello I am looking for some information I was going to order some bambino Teddy's diapers but they are all out of there medium size in all there styles. So I went looking for a good diaper at a nice price and I found this brand called Molicare Super Plus I can get a case of 56 of them for $75.95 which is roughly just slightly higher than the Bambino's and you get a few more diapers. I would like any information someone can give me on these diapers are they the diapers people talk about being color purple? how do they compare to Bambino is the absorbency much more higher or about the same? do they have two or three each side. are there any other marking on the diaper or are they all one solid color. thanks for any information you can provide me..

Hello I am looking for some information I was going to order some bambino Teddy's diapers but they are all out of there medium size in all there styles. So I went looking for a good diaper at a nice price and I found this brand called Molicare Super Plus I can get a case of 56 of them for $75.95 which is roughly just slightly higher than the Bambino's and you get a few more diapers. I would like any information someone can give me on these diapers are they the diapers people talk about being color purple? how do they compare to Bambino is the absorbency much more higher or about the same? do they have two or three each side. are there any other marking on the diaper or are they all one solid color. thanks for any information you can provide me..

I order mine from here ( http://www.adultdiapers.org/mosuplsut.html ) , I get my smalls for $58.50 a case, they go up a bit from there. They are based in Michigan and are drop shipped from Columbus. I order mine before 2 in the afternoon and they are on my doorstep the next day! You being a bit more North should have them in about 2 days. They offer a sample pack of 5 for $16 with free shipping on all orders. You do have to ask them for unmarked boxes if you need that type of thing. But they have no problem doing it for you. I do believe if you ask for a plain box that the order then comes from their place in Michigan, so might be a day more before you get it, maybe not. All other questions you asked can be seen or answered in the Review Section Below.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/content/d_reviews/?origin=select_product&action=view_product&product=89

I order mine from here ( http://www.adultdiap.../mosuplsut.html ) , I get my smalls for $58.50 a case, they go up a bit from there. They are based in Michigan and are drop shipped from Columbus. I order mine before 2 in the afternoon and they are on my doorstep the next day! You being a bit more North should have them in about 2 days. They offer a sample pack of 5 for $16 with free shipping on all orders. You do have to ask them for unmarked boxes if you need that type of thing. But they have no problem doing it for you. I do believe if you ask for a plain box that the order then comes from their place in Michigan, so might be a day more before you get it, maybe not. All other questions you asked can be seen or answered in the Review Section Below.

http://www.dailydiap...duct&product=89

OK Thank you for the info:) I just ordered a case of them:whistling:

Hey Repaid thanks for the lead on MAGIC MEDICAL, I checked their prices out and they do better then where I currently buy my Tranquility Premium OverNight pull-ups from, so with that and the comment you made about their delivery time I am going to give them a shot.

A point about tapes, to date I never found a brand with sufficient holding power, I had every "taped" diaper I ever worn (which are most of the premium brands) come undone. I don't think they are made with the thought of fully active people wearing them hence I always use packing tape to secure them.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

I take it you never tried ABU brand because the tapes on those diapers hold better then superglue!!! even better than Duct tape when its time for a change its a hell of a time getting those tapes undone

• Like 1

I got my case of the Molicare Super Plus today. I must say I love the color they seem to be very thick even thicker then Bambino but I'm not crazy over the plastic it seems to be made very cheap seems to be very thin but I love the color its a very light pinkish purple..

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I had been wearing the Mediums and they do fit, just a bit tight on the bottom part. If I tape them right they do fit well and hold a lot. Though if I didn't get them taped right sometimes they would cause rubbing and I would get chaffing. Though with the way I flood they are by far the best at wicking up 20oz+ of flood. Though others may hold a bit more, they just have troubles with flooding, also the fit just doesn't seem to be right for me.

Even though every other brand I have tried a large they always seem not to be able to get a tight fit around the back legs which causes leaks. With their mediums might fit, but never seem to fit "right." Decided to try the Large Molicare Super Plus and they are certainly big, but they fit well. I tuck them in on the top front and back as they come up to my belly button. They also seem to feel better when sitting, the mediums my butt would actually get kind of soar from sitting. I think this was because it the padding doesn't fully cover my butt with the mediums but they do with the larges.

I know most who medically need them don't flood, so I am sure Abena X-Plus, Bambino and such work for longer as they do hold more if you only void small amounts over time.

I know someone said somewhere that they had a problem with them leaking because it wicks to the butt, but I find this to be the opposite. Yes the top of the front doesn't seem to wick as much, all the others for me never even make it partially up the back before leaking as the front gets overloaded and doesn't soak it up fast enough. This causes leaks at the front/middle at the legs. Doesn't even usually make it far enough to make the wet circles on the back of your pants.

So my new regular choice for diapers is Molicare Super Plus Large. If I need a bit less bulk I can still wear the Mediums, but the larges fit so well that I don't mind a nice thick bulky diaper, just have to wear the right pants/underwear to hide them. I have some nice high Women's strechy underwear, so that even when bend over you will just see black underwear. Then the pants are a size bigger with a lower crotch to have room for the diaper. They are literally my "diaper pants," as they are to low in the crotch and my legs chaff if I am not wearing a diaper with them, lol.