LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psychiatric Illness: Need Diapers. Please Help Me.

How did you find out you needed to wear diapers before you started wearing them? How did you figure out they make you feel better if you wear one before you started to?

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of is it might be a sensory thing. Maybe something about the diapers does something good to your senses to ease your anxiety. You may also have some kind of suppressed issue/trauma that happened when you were in diapers, or just getting out of them, or something. You don't need a label to wear diapers, but I do think that talking to a therapist might help. It may be embarrassing, but if you're as distressed as you say, you need to take a step. No one here is qualified to give you professional advice. I hope you'll get the help & support you need. And remember: wearing diapers isn't a bad thing. If you're ruining your continence or harming yourself by using diapers, I'd suggest not USING the diapers - just wearing them, & using the toilet for your actual voiding. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

Can this "problem" of a psychic need for diapers be treated?

I have been treated psychiatrically for much less serious issues than yours, and my shrinks, while curious, have all focused on the other problems. I have sometimes been reminded to be discreet. If diapers are a tool that make you feel better, the treatment is to wear them when you need to and focus on getting more tools to feel better still. In my case, I'd say that I have a case of repressed performance anxiety, from having been pressed too far while very young, but the analysis really doesn't matter. You feel a deep need that isn't going away and will be back in force if you suppress it. Take care of yourself, put on a diaper, and deal with everything else in your life. I promise you will be healthier.

Decide to what degree you want to need them in fact -- that is, if you always use your diapers for your bathroom function, you lose the choice not to wear them and use them on occasions where you might not want to...such as going swimming, doing heavy exercise, boating, or healing diaper rash. Most folks would prefer to have the choice, even if diapers provide safety on a daily basis.

It is where I am right now, with occasional accidents happening largely because I can get 30-40 minutes walk from a bathroom, and that can be just too far for my sore and irritated guts. Otherwise, I don't poop in my diapers and usually only pee in them not too long before they need a change from the sweat anyway,

I've been seeing a psychiatrist for almost 3 (or is it 4) years. My wife found I wore diapers and gave me an ultimatum - go to shrink or else. Shrink says, "So what?" and we've gone on to other more important issues. Now and then I go back to the diaper issue and how it ties in with my relationship with my wife and he sees no reason why I should worry about any of my diaper related desires in relation to my marriage.

The reason that some people feel relaxed, confident, secure etc when wearing and/or using diapers is not due to continence of some wierd sexual fetish. It is a form of regression, where a person regresses to a time in their mind where the problems and complications of life didn't exist. People have been regressing for years using different methodologies... and if one was to explain to the person how, they would instantly deny it. The following are a list of regression methods used...

Reverse the perspective here to see what I'm seeing- the OP's self-denial of liking diapers might be causing the anxiety, or at least exacerbating it :( This is why self-acceptance and indulgence as needed is important to one's mental well-being ;)There is absolutely nothing wrong with an adult wearing a diaper whether it is physically needed or not. Allowing yourself to see this any other way is going to cause you some kind of problems, reason being that this is the truth on the matter. Letting it get out of control can be a problem but for most simply taking this perspective will make your life a whole lot easier to deal with :)

Just finished a second sleep study... being diapered through it, and getting a urinal to use on the second night, were all non-issues with the sleep techs. There were no questions about why I wore diapers, it just was. The only place I got into a bit of trouble was the urologist, who saw the pee pad and assumed I leaked...then I proceeded to have a bad retention issue from other drugs I am taking.

I didn't need my diapers on the first study, the second one I needed them the morning after when I went for a walk.

• Like 1

TheNewMe, I wonder if you want to make any followup comment(s). It isn't fair to put you on the spot, but I'm just hopeful that you've read these posts and have taken in some of the thoughts, rejected some, and continue to think about your own personal situation.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

thank you for creating this site. i am a diaper lover who never accepted this part of himself until tonight after reading those links from spokane girl. http://www.adisc.org...urge-cycle.html http://www.adisc.org...per-fetish.html. i do in fact have diagnosed mental disorders but i am happy to see that this is not one of them. my therapist does not know about this part of me and in truth i may never speak of this to any therapist as i think this information and acceptance of who and what i am would cause useless stress that i know for a fact would not help anyone. i have a mild form of autism called asbergers and i was only recently diagnosed with it. i am 36 and thought of myself as a monster who just happens to recognize his god given right to be something better and thus i focused on trying to be EXCELLANT not perfect. those links made me a better person. i recognize my flaws and the reason why i cannot speak of this even to my therapist is because i am inherently reckless in a way that is hard to describe and even understand because mere words are lacking. i KNOW beyond any doubt that if word of my diaper usage got out it would harm my reputation and hurt people's feeling's due to the fact i am NOT very tactful with my words. i always thought that when i started doing this at 15 that i would "get over it" as people would probably tell me to the point that i kept it a secret even from my own family. the healing i have just received was needed 20 years ago. i knew this was a part of who and what i am and never even tried to "cure" myself of this in any way shape or form. i simply hid this aspect of myself from everyone in every conceivable way shape or form. i have been described as a gentle giant and such a unusually large and tall person as myself stands out more than usual. i was terrified of people finding out about this and never even looked for other's of my kind as i thought i was alone. this site has relieved me so much!

Welcome to DD :) and you're not alone here. I'm glad to hear that you've overcome the excess paranoia that wearing diapers can bring when there's nothing wrong with doing it. Don't let the social stigma lead your life, but do understand how others deal with such unusual things as this. We have to deal with society and it's expectations to a certain degree but it should never be the cause which limits our happiness, for society is often wrong ;)

Man of pride,

Your shrink will be at most slightly curious about your diapering. I know this from a half dozen or so...all of whom thought the dpression was more important. Remind yourself what they tell EMTs in training...you must take care of you, or you become part of the problem. Force yourself to exercise if you can. And if you feel better wearing a diaper, wear a diaper, ignore the fact that you don't HAVE to in the sense of being continent. Feeling better is important!

alright i will tell my therapist about this it's just i got freakishly lucky in that NO ONE knows about this more because i never really faced this part of myself before so it was easy to blend in and then there where the other problems like the depression which was more due to the fact i was homeless off and on for years until about 4 years ago when i finally got on disability. the truth of the matter is as potentially serious as this can get i had even bigger issues that needed even more of my attention like just trying to stay alive. ironically i was so busy trying to do just that this just got put on the back burner due to my pragmatism then due to anything else. my greatest weakness was my recklessness more then this and i knew i simply could not handle the social stigma as i discovered i could handle everything else. i am doing much better in terms of both physical and mental health now and i was simply looking this up because of curiosity. my higher functioning autism makes me not be afraid in situations where it would be a healthy thing and to top it off i had the exact OPPOSITE problem of selfishness, i was selfless in a way that can only be considered mild insanity(i.e i simply did not know any better). i was always thinking about everyone else around me and not taking care of myself because i thought it was simply the right thing to do. i was wrong about that and it was not until a christian group i was associated with saw me living in a homeless shelter that i realized what my mistake did. i ended up hurting my friends unintentionally and to this day the look on their faces haunts me as a reminder to take better care of myself. to put it simply i learned the hard way that you need to first take care of yourself first before you can even take care of someone else. i will see my therapist this Thursday and show her these posts as mere words seem to be lacking about how i feel. in all honesty i am actually terrified of this as this is like waking one one morning and discovering your gay but way worse. this is simply a part of who and what i am and i need to know myself better. in fact i'm probably going to talk about this only as a after thought with her as i need help with other issues that seem more relevant. honestly i would have acknowledged this part of myself a lot sooner except for more immediate concerns that simply never gave me much of a chance to even look into at all and learn more about this.