LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

10 Ways To Fold A Cloth Diaper

Happy Sunday Everyone, Had I written that article, I would have started by saying it is vital to appropriately wash and rinse all cloth diapers prior to first use.
At least five washings and five dryings to get that fluffed up soft feel!

That was a pretty good article. It did have one flaw though in that it assumed you started with prefolds instead of flannel or terry squares. outside of america, squares are more common so you need to address square folding technicques. also, adult folding can be quite different or at least more awkward. My baby has a 1.5m square terry night nappy (which I call a table-cloth!) which is huge! He can fold it into a kite shape that keeps him dry and comfy all night but I dont know if I could fold it because of the size.

Now THAT has to be one of the best ideas just ever!

I notice that, over the past week and a bit, cloth diapers have become a popular subject. Is there a New World Order coming to DD?

I think prefolds came out in 1951. Even then. They probably did not go over that big for a while since diapers did multiple duty (you would have no idea of how many cloth items that babies need until you have played "dolls" with little girls in 1953_, which is why white was preferred since it implied a high level of cleanliness. Cost conscious parents woulod not want to spend the money for an item of more limited use and flats could be spread out over a larger area than prefolds, I had an aunt who was a nurse and her comment about the close fit of prefolds was that they were "cruel"

I really do not know if you want most of the absorbency in the crotch. Urine burns so you want to get it away from that delicate and sensitive area as quickly as possible. Bunched up or extra layers of material keep it there longer

I think prefolds came out in 1951. Even then. They probably did not go over that big for a while since diapers did multiple duty (you would have no idea of how many cloth items that babies need until you have played "dolls" with little girls in 1953_, which is why white was preferred since it implied a high level of cleanliness. Cost conscious parents woulod not want to spend the money for an item of more limited use and flats could be spread out over a larger area than prefolds, I had an aunt who was a nurse and her comment about the close fit of prefolds was that they were "cruel"

I really do not know if you want most of the absorbency in the crotch. Urine burns so you want to get it away from that delicate and sensitive area as quickly as possible. Bunched up or extra layers of material keep it there longer

To use most of those folds for an adult, you'd need a very large piece of diaper fabric. Actually, I did learn some folds I'd never known about. I use a Birdseye soaker layer folded in thirds inside a diaper flannel fabric and pull out "wings" front and rear to pin everything together. Very valuable information, though--thanks for sharing it.

There is one problem with using websites and YT vids. One of the first rules of the net is "Here Today; Gone Tomorrow". I wonder if DD could set aside some space for pages about things like this and pin the links somewhere as resources on the relevent forum

There does appear to be growing interest in cloth diaper and related

Looking at this page, and having had the original Drylife image of folding diapers, I have said for about 12 years that a good adult cloth diaper would be about the size of a twin bed sheet (42 x 80) or 54 x 54 inches