Story Library Test - Round 2
Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:10 PM
Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:36 AM
A few things stand out:
- Integrate it with the forum login so that users don't need to manage multiple accounts (as has been done for megapics).
- Also by doing this, you won't be forcing people to provide a value for the 'last name' field and confusing/worrying users by asking for their address (even though its optional - are you sure you really want to store this information? What if there is a bug in the software and that information gets leaked?)
- Perhaps theme it to look consistent with the forum or the main dailydiapers.com home page style.
- Add some kind of commenting feature for user (if its not already there?) rather than just "mail the author".
- There is no search option! A repository like this really does need some kind of searching mechanism. At minimum allow some kind of tagging/filter-by-tag capability.
- Consider how you want to seed content into the system - there is already some stories at http://www.dailydiap...nt/stories.html which you could copy across to seed the new system (make sure to update the page at stories.html to redirect to the new /storytime/ url). The other obvious approach would be to encourage (maybe even force) users to move content from the story forum to the story site. Making it clear the the story forums are for "DRAFT" stories and that all finished works (maybe even chapters) should be put into the /storytime/ site might help here. You might even want to ask the mods to police this by, for example, prompting users to move completed stories to the new site and locking / moving / deleting threads for stories that have been moved across.
... so what the hell does someone need to do around here to get a "Like This" on their posts? Sheesh! C'mon!
Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:37 PM
2. This will come, right now it is generic as i will be selling the completed script package.
3. Good suggestion
4. There is a very basic keyword search function, improvements to come.
5. The current story page will take a LONG time to transfer, and my doing that doesn't really help the beta process. Plus I lack the time right now to read each story there so they can be put in the proper category.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users