LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Video: Attends Plant Tour

I didn't know they grew Attends on plants! :o Where do you get the seeds for that?? Free diapers...even if they are lousy ones...better than spending a fortune only to piss it away! :P

I actually wouldn't be a bit surprised if that plant were to close some time in the near future. What they do there, can just as well be done in China, where the supplies would likely be closer at hand, as well as the design, engineering, and testing of the higher-end products. Even Bambino, who markets to a fringe group, is already ahead of the game with people who aren't even affiliated with the ABDL community buying their diapers, because they hold up well and just WORK.

As it is now, Attends makes an inferior product, as does at least one other company: Prevail. Since Prevail makes them cheaper, the facilities buy them. This leaves Attends with a retail market that's already flooded with cheap products from Tena, Prevail, and Depend. The company cannot compete, so they made a last ditch effort at a premium product, and made it the wrong color (construction zone orange!). And, they omitted the most important feature of a decent diaper: standing leak barriers. What are they trying to do? Sell these to construction workers and heavy equipment operators? Would the guy driving the dump truck dare buy them, let alone put them to use?

All I can say is, I hope they get their act together soon, and certainly don't plan on buying their stock. I've seen too many paper plants permanently closed and demolished. The diaper factories are next!

What they do there, can just as well be done in China,

I've always thought that diapers were one of few products that would still be cost-effective to manufacture locally simply due to their bulk and resulting high transportation costs. That is, a "small" diaper factory in each region of a country could do just as well if not better than one large factory overseas that has to move the product in cargo containers. Admittedly, I haven't run the numbers to prove my theory.

premium product, and made it the wrong color (construction zone orange!).

I didn't realize the Attends Extended Wear were orange. The sample I tried was white, if I recall correctly. Do you have a picture?

That automation is amazing! It amazes me how we as a species have come so far and things we create to make life easier and faster. How many engineers do you thing designed those machines? And how long do you think it took them to do it?