Welcome to DailyDiapers Adult baby and Diaper Lovers Forums!
Photo

Buying In Person In The Uk

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 ItchyTasty

ItchyTasty

Diaper Royalty

• On Time-Out!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Real Age:000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Diapers::Just Curious
  • I Am a...:Boy

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

actually it was more likely he wanted to know who they were for so he could apply vat exemption, this despite the fact that anybody should be able to walk in from off the street and buy upto 200 pads without any hassle.

It's not as easy as that, they HAVE to be registered having a disability or medical condition and for personal use with the HM Revenue & Customs, or they face severe penalities is what I've read on many sites selling incontience products.

#22 ItchyTasty

ItchyTasty

Diaper Royalty

• On Time-Out!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Real Age:000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Diapers::Just Curious

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Also my very local area has 2 chemists in the same high street.
The small chemist and only sells Tena pants pullups,Drynites and babies nappies.
You can buy in there, the people who serve in there don't ask questions or give funny looks.

The much larger chemist,I've seen Tena slip maxi and Tena slip super in there, Lille supreme fit maxi, Lille insert pads and plastic pants, all at expensive prices (like £20 ish for the Tena slip maxis), but then it works out the same when you pay postage for them online.
As well as the Drynites,Tena pants pullups and babies nappies.
Some questions asked and odd looks once (I bought a pack of each once, and they must have knew it was for me).
Especially as I was shaking,sweating and had a red face.
But carrying them home was easy as I brought along a very large bag from from John Lewis to put them in to hide them.

#23 rubbercatsuit123

rubbercatsuit123

Toddler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Real Age:40
  • Diapers::Diaper Lover

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

I've bought at a local mobility shop before and I just ask for a particular brand and size which I have written on a piece of paper with me, works a treat as it then looks as if you have no idea exactly what you are buying!

#24 foundationbaby

foundationbaby

Diaper Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Real Age:+18
  • Diapers::Incontinent
  • I Am a...:Girl
  • Age Play Age::whatever

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

In the states, where I live, I have no problem going into the drugstore (as we call them) buying what I need and leave. I rarely get funny looks or if I do I don't pay attention. I don't really care what other people think...I guess being incontinent has made me desensitized to it. It could be for my grandmother for all they know or presumably care. I do really prefer to order online, because it seems like the stuff I want for daytime use is never available.It makes my life less complicated. I am glad that I don't get harassed by staff at the stores asking who it is for or if I should seek medical attention. That would get annoying in a hurry. :D
FoundationBaby

Love is the greatest gift of all

#25 Angela Bauer

Angela Bauer

Diaper Royalty

• BabyBanker+
  • 1,759 posts
  • Real Age:50
  • Diapers::Adult Baby
  • Age Play Age::4 but still diapered

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have not routinely bought any adult diapers in a store since 1988. By then several dealers were selling the smaller Attends I need by snail mail and/or phone orders. At the same time physical stores were concentrating on medium and larger adult diapers. Back in the day when I was buying Attends in stores I never felt harassed.

These days I buy lots of Pampers in stores, always Size 4 Cruisers or Extra Protection. Perhaps strangers assume I am the grandmother or had a baby when I was past 40. I could care less. The managers of the two stores where I buy the bulk of my Pampers have known me for years. Certainly, if they cared, they would have concluded my baby has not grown over the years. Probably all they want is to be sure my credit card charges are approved by the computer.

#26 FlexiGirl

FlexiGirl

Diaper Royalty

• Verified 18+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

It's not as easy as that, they HAVE to be registered having a disability or medical condition and for personal use with the HM Revenue & Customs, or they face severe penalities is what I've read on many sites selling incontience products.

4.5.4 Examples of equipment and appliances qualifying for relief:
  • Braille embossers;
  • incontinence products - but see below;
  • long handled pick up sticks;
  • text telephones;
  • whistling cups for blind people;
  • white canes for blind people;
  • vibrating pillows for deaf or hard of hearing people;
  • transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator; and
  • wheelchairs.
Eligible incontinence products, for retail sale, are zero-rated on the shelf. In practice, this means that there is no requirement for the customer to provide a written declaration to the retailer confirming they are eligible for VAT relief.
Supplies of eligible incontinence products over the Internet or by mail order also qualify for VAT relief providing they are made to individuals and not institutions.
We will expect retailers, Internet and mail order suppliers to have a signed declaration, or other supporting evidence that the supply is to an incontinent individual and not to an institution such as a nursing home, for customers who buy more than:
  • 200 disposable pads;
  • 50 washable pads;
  • 5 collecting devices; or
  • 10 pairs of waterproof or leak-proof underwear.

http://customs.hmrc....tyType=document

#27 iddo

iddo

Newborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Real Age:20

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

As i live with my (very intrusive on everything that gets sent to me in the mail that is bigger than a card) parents i only buy in person.

Initially i was embarrassed but then i realized nobody really cares about affairs other than their own, also boots pharmacy are used to it and don't say anything about it.

Never been asked "why are you buying these" ever, thankfully.

#28 eddiesh

eddiesh

Infant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Real Age:39
  • Diapers::Adult Baby
  • Age Play Age::18 months

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

The first time I brought nappies at a chemist here, I was nervous. The problem was getting them home without getting caught.
Me is a baby

#29 Paulo

Paulo

Toddler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Real Age:30

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I've had the same thing... Before getting my driving licence I used to buy from a chemist in town. I was very nervous especially with the younger ladies serving, who would give me the odd look. But the real challenge was getting home and that involved a train journey. I used to buy a packet of tena and get as many as I could into my work bag before dumping the rest in a bin. So many nappies gone to waste : (

I still shop at the same chemist and I've bought from Lidl.

#30 plasticpant addict

plasticpant addict

Infant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Real Age:53
  • Age Play Age::2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Clearwell Mobility store in Sussex are great and sell lille disposable nappies and readi clear plastic pants.I was only asked once but for ages I just ask for what product I want and mostly now they don't charge the VAT.also their staff are very helpful.highly recommended.

#31 tibsy

tibsy

Toddler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Real Age:44
  • Age Play Age::4

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

I got a £20 radio/alarm clock, and the pushy BA***rd wanted my details and such to take out insurance... guess how much? £20.

I remember as a child buying some AA batteries at Tandy and the cashier asking for my address to fill out a detailed receipt. There was certainly no malice or prying intended, just old fashioned service and attention to detail, now you can buy a TV or microwave at a supermarket and if its anything like my local supermarket they don't even bother to give you the automatically printed till receipt unless you ask!

#32 tibsy

tibsy

Toddler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Real Age:44
  • Age Play Age::4

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

A few years ago I plucked up the courage to go and buy some nappies from a mobility shop rather than buying online as I ususally do. I thought it would be an easy job; walk in, ask, buy and walk back out again. Unfortauntely the chap in the shop wanted to know who they were for so he could add the details to a mailing list for a catalogue and then started to write out an invoice which he wanted an address for. I got through it (with a bright red face of course) but it's hardly the annoymous, quick purchase that I think many of us would prefer.

Just have a name and address in mind.  I used the name and address of a deceased relative once (I'll burn in hell I know!) but you could use anything preferably a correct one with matching postcode but not someone clued up / near enough to home etc.!

#33 freswith

freswith

Diaper Royalty

• BabyBanker+
  • 5,088 posts
  • Real Age:64
  • Age Play Age::6

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Thank god for Amazon is all I can say.

Unfortunately I live quite close by the Amazon depot.  There is always the thought that the person handling the order will be a neighbour!

Breaking the silence of an ancient pond
A frog jumps into water.
A deep resonance.

#34 Jennynappy

Jennynappy

Bedwetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Real Age:21
  • Age Play Age::21

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Yeah buy from store in the UK is impossible, unless you want to settle for some pull up

Was made to wear diapers/nappies from 6 to 12 years old. Have three older sisters, one younger sister and one younger brother. Now only a Diaper Lover: Tena Slip, followed by Abena followed by Boots Stay Dry.

My real name is Freyja.

#35 gnappies

gnappies

Bedwetter

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yeah buy from store in the UK is impossible, unless you want to settle for some pull up

Really? Most chemists and mobility stores round my way stock Tena slip. Must live a another area of god's waiting room lol.

#36 Jennynappy

Jennynappy

Bedwetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Really? Most chemists and mobility stores round my way stock Tena slip. Must live a another area of god's waiting room lol.

Non in some cities./

Was made to wear diapers/nappies from 6 to 12 years old. Have three older sisters, one younger sister and one younger brother. Now only a Diaper Lover: Tena Slip, followed by Abena followed by Boots Stay Dry.

My real name is Freyja.

#37 Forced2wet

Forced2wet

Diaper Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Diapers::Adult Kid

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

Try your local Boots, they have tape up disposables.

It's not just the weather that's wet in the UK.

#38 Jennynappy

Jennynappy

Bedwetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Try your local Boots, they have tape up disposables.

Lousy Boots Staydry slip

My real name is Freyja.

#39 babyally

babyally

Bedwetter

• Verified 18+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Real Age:25
  • Diapers::Daddy

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Non in some cities./

Which city do you live in? Even pretty small cities in the UK have a pharmacy/mobility shop you can get Tena or Lille, sometimes more than one place. You just need to track them down. No need to resort to Boots

#40 WaddlingWonder

WaddlingWonder

Infant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Real Age:22

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

Larger ASDA stores increasingly stock Tena Slips, so definitely look out for those.

Buying wise i've occasionally had an odd look from the cashier, but I guess that' all part of the little thrill of buying in public...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users