LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

National Geographic'S Episode Of "Taboo - Fantasy Lives" Covers Ab'S

Hello,

Last year National Geographic approached me about a episode of Taboo that they wanted to do. See as I was in the situation of not having to worry about family or work problems coming from it, I agreed. They filmed it back in last August. So finally National Geographic posted a video clip about the AB episode of Taboo they titled "Fantasy Lives". According to National Geographic, it's supposed to air on May 2nd on the National Geographic Channel. The link to the video clip on their website is: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/taboo/5333/Overview#tab-Videos/10113_00

I just wanted to post the air date for those who wanted to check out the episode. Take care everyone! :)

-Stanley

Back in August I posted a note about this, looking for others to help out, so Stanley wouldn't have to go it alone, and show tha h's not the only one in the 'community' and help give a more balanced presentation, but no one either could due to distance or fear :(

I would have gone, had their been more time, but it was a last minute request due to someone else dropping out, and I couldn't arrange for time off from work ( they want a 2 week request for time off for scheduling)

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=23901&st=0&p=335586&fromsearch=1&#entry335586

so Stanley had to do the whole thing by himself. Fortunately, the crew was accepting and the whole shoot was really a lot of fun and an interesting experience, which Stanley related to me via email. As you can see it seems to have come out well :)

It's just sad that more people could not have been involved for a better depiction of the community as a whole. Oh well *shrug*

I just saw the ad for this on television and while it was incredibly awkward as I was watching it with my dad it does look like it will be an excellent portrayal of our lifestyle. Thumbs up for doing this and thank you, as any positive representation is bound to help a vast many individuals in their lives whether it be showing people that they are not alone or by showing non abdls that we are not as strange as they may think.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying this to insult the people in the video, but I found I couldn't focus on the content much and was constantly distracted by one thought: "My god, they're so incredibly fat.". Honestly, I am amazed at how human bodies that size can function; it's actually impressive to see how much abuse we can take and still survive the experience. Even more amazing is that they could get diapers to fit! I'm stunned.

It's really a shame in how that one point totally took away my focus from the rest. When I replayed the video and minimised the window (i.e. listened to the audio only), what was being said seemed actually by pretty decent. The problem I fear is that people will not take the message seriously or conclude the ABDL thing is just another form of mental illness or self-abuse in the way being unable to control your diet is.

Was it just me who found this was an issue?

• Like 3

I'm not saying this to insult the people in the video, but I found I couldn't focus on the content much and was constantly distracted by one thought: "My god, they're so incredibly fat.". Honestly, I am amazed at how human bodies that size can function; it's actually impressive to see how much abuse we can take and still survive the experience. Even more amazing is that they could get diapers to fit! I'm stunned.

It's really a shame in how that one point totally took away my focus from the rest. When I replayed the video and minimised the window (i.e. listened to the audio only), what was being said seemed actually by pretty decent. The problem I fear is that people will not take the message seriously or conclude the ABDL thing is just another form of mental illness or self-abuse in the way being unable to control your diet is.

Was it just me who found this was an issue?

One may argue that there is a certain lack of control and boundaries in that house. Kind of like, I'm going to eat what I like, diaper when I like, oh and screw it I'm installing a high-chair.

Then again, I don't know the people, and there's nothing illegal about eating yourself to death, most of the country does it.

I've seen the clip and would love to watch the show live or record it but won't be able to.

I don't see any way on the Natl Geo website to view the show later on. Does anyone know how we could watch the whole show after the fact?

Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

The clip I just saw was awesome!!! Congratz Stanley on showing the world that our community can be seen in a positive light by a well spoken and intelligent guy!! Thx for taking the plunge for us!!! I appreciate it and I'll watch it!!!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I am glad that you all feel it will be a good exposure. When I set out to agree to do it, I wanted to do it in a way that would represent as much of the AB/DL community as possible to the general public to give them a general idea of what it’s about. There are some things in the episode that are rarely done. For example, Sandra feeding me on the sofa, that was one of the things done just for the show.

Same on feeding in the high chair. I had been wanting a high chair but never had the money. But when Nat Geo offered to pay for all the supplies for two high chairs I jumped at the chance to build it. Although aside from the shots in the episode, I have not used it again. It’s cool and all, but as I don’t really have another AB playmate in the area, I don’t break it out. But I did it as there are many AB’s who do eat in high chairs.

One other is the diaper and t-shirt thing. The episode was the very first time I have been seen in a diaper and t-shirt, both pictures or movie camera. So that took a lot of guts to build up to do that as I wear diapers out of need, so there is a factor of embarrassment to me being seen in a diaper and t-shirt. And it's funny of the comments on youtube for the Taboo video of the ad for the episode running on TV http://www.youtube.c...sB1gPgcycQ8

because most of the people responding think I actually live as a 2 year old 24/7. Like most AB's, I only do it a hour or so a day. Besides, I would be board out of my mind if I could only always play with baby toys only. I like my computer games, driving my car and other adult activites. Anyway, if anyone wishes to read what all went on behind the scenes of the filming of the "Fantasy Lives" episode, I have it posted on my site. That page is located at: http://www.bedwettin...Geographic.html

Now to address the weight issue, this is the problem with many people judging others based on their looks. Like they say, “You can’t judge a book by the cover

Good on you, Stanley. Good on you. I'll try to watch it. :)

Here is the LINK to the NG TV schedule:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/taboo/5333/Overview#tab-Videos/10113_00

Look around a bit further and you will see that NG will be showing this feature several times this month.

BabyLock

While it doesn't excuse making oneself even more ill, I know that both Stanley and Sandra have physical ailments to live with, which can make exercise very difficult.

Edit:

Should they rename it National Peeographic? :whistling:

I used to think NatGeo was pretty cool, but (not counting this show as I have not seen it) they've been airing a lot of stuff that really doesn't fit with what was best about NatGeo when it went on the air. Not to mention a lot of pseudoscience.

One may argue that there is a certain lack of control and boundaries in that house. Kind of like, I'm going to eat what I like, diaper when I like, oh and screw it I'm installing a high-chair.

Then again, I don't know the people, and there's nothing illegal about eating yourself to death, most of the country does it.

Actually I think Hulu.com will have this episode available to watch 24 hours after it airs.

http://www.hulu.com/taboo they already have the commercial on there so I assume they will. how hulu.com works, is it airs the last 5 newest episodes of a series for free. you may have to watch a few commercials in between but there are less commercials than watching it on TV. This is how I watch most of my shows now. :)if you pay 7.99 a month, you can watch hulu on your ps3 and also you can watch entire series of the entire show. I caught up on the entire series of the office that way. :)I just wanted to add that you do not have to pay anything if you do not want to. if you just use it for the free shows, they air the last 5 episodes of the newest season for free so there is no real need to pay for the hulu plus membership unless you want the perks of the plus membership. :)

Actually I think Hulu.com will have this episode available to watch 24 hours after it airs.

Hope so. I'm almost positive that Nat Geo used to be in our Dish Network package but now it's not :( I'm interested to see this show though so hopefully Hulu will get it...

Wish I had a way to watch this. I saw a preview for it on TV at work today. I don't have TV service at home since I don't watch it enough. This isn't something I'd want a friend to record either. Don't really want them asking questions. Maybe it will come up on YT.

Just finished watching it!!! YAY!!!! Was very well done indeed. But seriously did the jerks at NatGeo have to tell what freaking town he lived in? Isn't like inviting assholes to bug him. Anyway great job Stanley and I like your website too!!!! :thumbsup: Keep up the good work for the community!!

• Like 1
Guest Amphetamenace

Hello Everyone,

I am glad that you all feel it will be a good exposure. When I set out to agree to do it, I wanted to do it in a way that would represent as much of the AB/DL community as possible to the general public to give them a general idea of what it’s about. There are some things in the episode that are rarely done. For example, Sandra feeding me on the sofa, that was one of the things done just for the show.

Same on feeding in the high chair. I had been wanting a high chair but never had the money. But when Nat Geo offered to pay for all the supplies for two high chairs I jumped at the chance to build it. Although aside from the shots in the episode, I have not used it again. It’s cool and all, but as I don’t really have another AB playmate in the area, I don’t break it out. But I did it as there are many AB’s who do eat in high chairs.

One other is the diaper and t-shirt thing. The episode was the very first time I have been seen in a diaper and t-shirt, both pictures or movie camera. So that took a lot of guts to build up to do that as I wear diapers out of need, so there is a factor of embarrassment to me being seen in a diaper and t-shirt. And it's funny of the comments on youtube for the Taboo video of the ad for the episode running on TV(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1gPgcycQ8&amp) because most of the people responding think I actually live as a 2 year old 24/7. Like most AB's, I only do it a hour or so a day. Besides, I would be board out of my mind if I could only always play with baby toys only. I like my computer games, driving my car and other adult activites. Anyway, if anyone wishes to read what all went on behind the scenes of the filming of the "Fantasy Lives" episode, I have it posted on my site. That page is located at: http://www.bedwettingabdl.com/FilmingNationalGeographic.html

Now to address the weight issue, this is the problem with many people judging others based on their looks. Like they say, “You can’t judge a book by the cover

Well... Huffpo did an article on it today which was linked on Fark as well...

Here's the Huffpo article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/03/adult-baby-national-geographic-taboo_n_857074.html

Warning: While the article itself is pretty levelheaded, the comments are absolutely disgusting, from vile insults to folks accusing him of being a Democrat or Republican (yes, really. How stupid) to people actually saying that Stanley deserves to die. Ugh.

The fark comment thread is a bit more even-handed, but not as much as it should be.