LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Care Down There - Stock & Status

Care Down There - Stock & Status

Last update April 11

THE STORE IS OPEN AND SHIPPING ALL DRY 24/7 PRODUCT

http://www.caredownthere.ca/

Stock Status

Stock of both white medium and white large.

Our Website/Store

Functional and shipping cases, half cases, single bags and six-packs (NEW!)

Sample Product

New six-pack samples are going up tonight. You can order six medium, six large, or three & three for $10 plus shipping. Much more economical than the old 2 for $5 deal, and a better chance to get the right fit n' feel.

Pricing

Pricing hasn't really changed other than a dollar or two because of the cost of boxes to repack the smaller shipments. See the store for up to date pricing.

All orders ship in plain brown boxes. No more envelopes. Pictures of what you can expect to receive are on the product pages.

GST and HST is applicable on shipping costs only. Incontinence products are not subject to taxes.

At any time you can go to the online store, add a case to your cart and punch in your postal code to receive an exact total cost without having to place an order to find out what your shipping charges will be.

We're having a bit of a gong show I.T. wise, which is making me uneasy about launching a store this week.

I'm very tempted to just take names by e-mail and start blowing out the samples, but without having the cart software up it makes it difficult to keep track of everything .. and not very professional.

Things seem to be stable today so I will move the e-mail and web domain tomorrow and see how it goes. As mentioned above we run all our own I.T. - right down to the servers and switches. It makes it nice and secure and private, but with our recent change of data centers there's a bit of adjusting going on.

Long story short... yes. Moving into a new data center has no short list of problems. Especially when you get assigned an IP block that was previously assigned to a cable modem ISP *AAARGHGH* I'm still getting blacklisted mail. What good is an online store if I can't e-mail my customers... :badmood:

Warehouse full of boxes and I can't ship anything... I could take phone orders but I'm sure most people don't like that.

Well, good luck to you: I have been watching and cheer-leading from the sidelines, knowing hw busy you are... what with the online side of things being difficult and annoying, and your meeting the bulk buyers coming up, then having to deal with them. Looking forward to things settling down and getting on their way!

And I have an interesting question to look into in the near future: is your supplier able to send you promotional product, prepackaged attractively in either ones or twos, suitable as samples or for retail selling?

I ask as I am involved in both the Calgary and Edmonton meets; one of the raison d'etre's of the meets is for us to buy in quantity as a group and enjoy reduced cost; and the vendor would enjoy meeting his clientele face to face and having only one shipping point. Having prepackaged small quantity packages of goods opens up other, quite tasty possibilities, which I would be happy to discuss in pm. Basically I see a market ready and waiting for this sort of merchandising, tell me if you see it potentially as an additional part of your business model.

Guest YkDave

any idea on a timeline for getting things rolling?

Im about due for re-stocking, and i would like to check these things out before i pull the trigger on more bambinos!

The problem right now is our IP address with our provider. The majority of e-mail going out is being flagged as spam because of the previous history. I have to wait for our upstream netblock owner to have it delisted.

I'm expecting a resolution today or I'm going to ask for a new IP block. In the meantime I'm experimenting with a way to relay the mail via smarthost.

I'm working on the store today. My goal is by tonight to have the samples up for order. At the worst, I can deal with them by hand and e-mail people back manually to say they are on the way and ship them out. Since there is no credit card information involved it's easy to do.

I'll post back here later tonight.

Look out, here comes the tl;dr update :angel_not:

Online Store

OK, in all honestly? Gong show. I've gotten such a runaround from our new digs that I've already put in a call to Shaw to find out how much I'll be dinged to put fiber into the warehouse. As I've mentioned before, I'm heavily into I.T. and it may be cost effective to simply bring the servers home again and share the pipe with a few partners. I was promised the moon and so far got a few rocks to show for it. Not happy. To get around the e-mail problem I'm currently routing all my e-mail to a laptop on my desk, and then out to the Shaw SMTP server. What a joke! But at least I have reliable non-bouncing e-mail.

The Warehouse

Well, you already know the first shipment is in. We leased this warehouse in a brand new 98% finished state, so it was, in a word, dirty. We've spent a couple days there so far cleaning it up, stacking the cases up on pallets so there's no fear of a flood ruining product, basically prepping to open for business. I need to finish cleaning and get in a desk and some Internet service so I can start 'being' there on a daily basis. For now, I have been taking orders by e-mail, calling customers directly for billing information, and dropping cases off at the Purolator agent. So things ARE moving, it's just not very efficient.

Samples

I'm shipping out samples NOW. Here's how you get your samples.

Send me an e-mail with: Name, Physical Delivery Address, Contact Phone Number, Choice of Size (either M+M, L+L, or one of each).

A disclaimer to privacy -- if you do not want to provide a telephone number for samples, you don't have to, however, I have to provide one to Purolator, so I would use CDT's office number.

If your samples cannot be delivered to you, the package will be returned to our warehouse and won't be resent.

Samples and cases can be delivered to Purolator shipping centers or agents for hold as well.

If you give me a postal code, I'll let you know what's available and the hours -- if this works better than delivery to your home, we can do that!

Samples come in a sealed silver Puropak which cannot be seen through, and you cannot tell what is inside it by feeling it.

Wait, what? How's that possible? Well, I've done something to keep the samples in a hygienic state that also hides their identity! Oh ho ho, find out when you get yours :D

Contact Us

E-mail: service@caredownthere.ca

Phone: (780) 801-1112

I will get a toll-free number by the weekend. I have the list of what's available and I'm looking through it to find a good one.

Until then, please E-mail, or if you don't mind paying the dime, by all means, go ahead and call me.

You may get the machine, as I'm still heavily running errands, out getting shelving space for the warehouse, dropping off shipments, visiting potential commercial accounts, and all that good jazz.

I am forwarding calls to my cell phone as well. If I don't catch your call, please leave a message and know that I will call you back ASAP.

If you absolutely prefer to wait for the online store to order, I understand -- but I'd hope you'd at least e-mail me to receive your samples.

Pricing & Shipping

There is no GST/PST/HST/OMG on the products themselves. Only if there is extraenous shipping required, then there would be GST on the extra shipping.

For Dry 24/7, we are selling individual bags of 18 for $40. If ordering individual bags, they do not include shipping.

For Dry 24/7, we are selling cases of 72 for $135. The cases include shipping up to a limit of $25.

Don't worry, this limit covers pretty much any metropolitan and suburb in Canada, and only becomes an issue if you are in a very remote location.

If you have any doubts, send me your postal code and I will confirm.

Please don't go by what you punch into the Puro website, as those are retail rates, and will tell you a case costs $60 to ship :thumbsup: I don't want anyone scared off by that; we get contract rates and only I can accurately quote them for our account.

Packaging

The case is completely plain brown and only has an UP arrow and a number, either a 2 or 3, to denote size.

On the top of the case there will be a plastic envelope with the Purolator tracking information, listed as coming from CDTMS, our address and yours.

Your invoice and credit card receipt are placed inside the envelope underneath the tracking paper. No one can tell what is in the shipment unless they open the box or the shipping envelope.

Individual bags will be the same idea. A smaller plain brown box with no markings at all.

OK, got all that? Now, we've still got over 270 cases in stock, so what are you waiting for? You want it, I got it. Call me or E-mail me and let's get them out to you. :D

Cheers, Shaun

Great response this morning, I've got six packages of samples going to DD members today. Everyone should have received their tracking numbers.

Cut off time is 3 PM, so if you haven't sent an e-mail yet you still have an hour. (That's MDT)

:thumbsup:

An addendum to shipping samples .. in some of the cases today, because the Puro Express pak is considered "Express" service, when it goes to some locations it defaults to air shipping instead of ground.

That has resulted in a bit of a slap to my shipping account, making it actually more expensive to send a sample than an entire CASE! Ouch.

To remedy this, I'll be picking up some suitable cardboard boxes today and if your location is in an area where the pak would result in forced air shipping, your samples will be put into a plain cardboard box and sent ground.

This does not affect shipments that were sent today. I'll just eat the costs on that one, lesson learned.

Isn't running a business FUN?!

Cheers!

Gotta love technology! LOL

Anyways, got my samples yesterday. one down and so far so good. The materials and tapes seemed pretty similar to the abenas, which had me worried as i find that the tapes on the abenas werent too great. But so far so good, the first one was great, second test tonight and likely a case order on monday!

Working on changing IP addresses slowly this week.

There is now a toll-free number available - 1-877-877-6797.

The phone gets answered between 10 AM and 6 PM Mountain time.

If for some reason you get the machine, please leave a message, it means I'm driving and I don't drive on snow and ice and talk on the phone -- it's also illegal in some of the counties.

I will get back to you, or you can try calling back a bit later. If you leave a time you can be reached I phone after hours as well.

That has resulted in a bit of a slap to my shipping account, making it actually more expensive to send a sample than an entire CASE! Ouch.

This does not affect shipments that were sent today. I'll just eat the costs on that one, lesson learned.

Isn't running a business FUN?!

Cheers!

In doing fences I eat some on a few of the 1st jobs too!!!:angry2: ;;;;;;YES!!! It is alot of FUN!!!!:roflmao: =at myself afterwards.:blush:

its only to be expected when venturing into a new business. I dont think their are very many people/companies out there that didnt have to eat their shorts on a few of their first transactions!

But, hey, as long as you dont run yourself into the ground and go tits up, no big deal, just one more life lesson LOL

I find the cost of those diapers to be a bit on the very expensive side compared to say Bambino's, of which I have very few left I use Kendalls Lille Supremes they are good for those who wear 24/7 more discreate and still as absorbant as ever.

I'll be getting some Abriform's X plus from Calgary and even in the Mediums they are not bad 32 diapers for $54.00 the Kendalls are $21.60 for 20 and when you are on a razor thin budget trying to pay off almost a $100,000.00 debt load ya have to go with what is affordable so unfortunatly we won't be able to purchase those diapers anytime soon, even though we live in the same city as this company they are just to pricey.

Wetly Yours

Babyalan

they really arent 'that' expensive...

case quantity is 72 for $135, thats 'only' $1.88ea (pretty much right on par with bambinos from B4NS)

If your paying $54 for a case of 32 abenas, your paying 1.69ea (and probably a few bucks shipping, not a huge difference!

You can get Abriforms Xl Plus in Calgary at the go-op health solutions and no I wouldn't have to pay shipping and since I have freinds in Calgary I would just get one of them to pick it up for me.

However since my wife and I are on a very strict debt diet Kendalls will just have to do for now.

Wetly Yours

Babyalan