LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Caught Wearing Diapers

Okay, so here's the scenario. You go out and you are wearing a diaper, not because you have to but because you want to. This is more for those that wear for pleasure and not necessity. You run into someone you know and somehow, they discover you are wearing a diaper. You give them an excuse other than, "I wear just for fun" like say medical of some sort. Now, you feel that every time you see them or possibly anyone they may have told, you should wear a diaper and it sort of becomes a charade. You’re caught because if next time they see you you're not wearing, since they will likely try to detect, you may go under deeper questioning as to why not now if you were before. How long do you have to keep the charade going or do you come clean and tell the truth, or say it was a dare, or say you're better now??? The more you know the person, the more difficult the charade would be. If it's immediate family or a coworker you see every day, that'd probably be the worst. Family would have a lot of questions and concerns more than likely and all may somewhat wonder, "Why have I seen you in the bathroom though"?

I realize, the chances are slim of anyone noticing unless you are trying to make it obvious and even less it will be someone you know but it could happen. I have somewhat tried to prepare something if this does happen. It goes like this.

Them: "Is that a diaper? Why are you wearing a diaper?"

Me: "Oh, my gosh, I was hoping nobody would notice(all embarrassed, this would happen naturally), I've been on a medication for awhile that well, makes me a little leaky and the doc suggested I just wear some protection temporarily until I'm off it or until the side effect goes away. It sucks but, what do you do, better than wet pants I guess."

Them: "What is the medication or what is wrong with you"

Me: "I can't remember what it's called, something I can't pronounce anyway, it's kinda private though."

Them: "Well, I hope you get better, blah, blah, blah."

Or I would just tell them I got a bladder injury from falling off a ladder or something and landed on my mid section so it's a temporary condition and the doc suggested wearing until I fully heal incase of bladder spasms.

Or tell them I have always had a mild form of incontinence and usually just wear something thinner or smaller like a guard and frequent the bathroom so there's less to go, but it's been a little worse lately or could just say I wear more absorbent pads when I am out for longer periods of time where bathrooms aren't as readily available.

The last one with the mild incontinence would probably be the easiest to pull off but I'd still feel obligated to frequent the bathroom more around them and it would still be a little charade I'd have to play.

So, question of the day. This happen to anyone? How'd you handle it? I don't really expect too many responses as the public diapers thread it sounds as though not a lot wear who don't have to in public, some get caught, but not usually by anyone you know, and it would have to be someone who isn't incontinent because if you are, well, easy not to lie about the truth and you'll always be diapered next time they see you nomatter what.

....So, question of the day. This happen to anyone? How'd you handle it?....

Well first it hasn't happened to me yet but it might :huh: Since I don't like being caught off-guard I've already thought out my responses based on the person(s) and scenario(s) I might end up with ;) My off-and-on Stress and Urge Incontinence makes an explanation easy, and family members already know my past history of very late bed and pants wetting so they would understand B) So I have to wear diapers sometimes- so what? Would you rather see me trying to live my life wearing wet pants? :P I don't think so!!!! :lol:

Things are an issue only if you let them be an issue or get surprised unexpectedly by them :rolleyes: Since you know you might get caught plan your responses now. While it may get embarrassing, it won't be an issue anymore B) If you hang out with the kind of person who would cause problems for you if they found out then you already have issues that you need to handle or you will get what you deserve for supporting bad people :o Sorry if the truth stings but when you let people get away with being spiteful, gossipy, or an a$hole you ought to know already that your turn is coming with them. If something is humorous only because it happened to someone else and not you then it's not really humorous at all :o If you let only good-hearted people into your life you will have fewer problems and better friends :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

"It's just a temporary thing, shouldn't last more than a week or so."

And if that doesn't end the conversation then as you said:

"It's kinda private, I'd rather not discuss it."

Those particular phrases have the advantage of not lying. Don't lie and say it's something you've always had because that's bound to bite you on the arse eventually. In fact, don't say it's medical at all. That will be their assumption so don't lie about that either. By saying you don't expect it to last more than a few days, you avoid the issue coming up in the future.

I'd like to think though, that in the unlikely event of my 'friends' working out that I was diapered, they'd realise it was a private matter and keep their mouths shut.

I've not been caught but I am a person who believes in haveing a ready excuse. At my age I could claim prostate problems or surgery as long as it was more of a casual aquaintence, someone who wouldn't mention it to other friends or family members. Severe urinary tract infection is another excuse I can use. Even IBS (Irritable Bowel Symptom) can be a reason if you need to explain a "temporary" need for "protection". I sure wouldn't claim any type of permanent reason for being in a diaper! That way next time you see the person and your not wearing a diaper you could explain your problem has cleared up for now. In my case it's not an everyday thing where I wear diapers and usually out in public I take care to either make sure they are inside my jeans and not obvious, or I make sure I'm not around a place where I might run into someone I know if my diaper shows out the back of my pants a little. In the case of someone who wears diapers daily, then perhaps it would be best to tell an aquaintence that they have an actual incontinence problem (somthing believable). Think out your story so that it's believable and maybe even research the internet on types of incontinence and causes. Then whenever they see you they will not bother with talk of your diaper wearing. For those that wear often but not every day, I think it better to state a recurring problem that "sometimes" causes you to need protection. IBS might be a good one to use. That way when you don't wear a diaper you can always say it's cleared up for now. Then if they see you in a diaper again you can say if they ask, "It flares up now and then and sometimes what I eat can cause a flare up." I think you are just asking for trouble if you tell someone that you just like to wear and use diapers. Even though more people know about the AB/DL lifestyle than did 10 years ago, it's still not acceptable with most people who just don't understand this lifestyle. If you don't care who knows about your AB/DL lifestyle, then go ahead and tell them the real reason you wear diapers and be prepaired to lose some friends and get funny looks from people and relatives that you know. Otherwise, if you're still mostly in the closet then having a good "medical" excuse for "temporary problems" handy just in case you run into someone you know who discovers your wearing diapers is a good idea.

By the way, most people who wear diapers in public are not even noticed unless they are very obvious about wearing them. I feel that as long as you don't wear baby type clothes or 3 or 4 diapers at a time with sweat pants or something over them, people will never know you have a diaper on. Just keep them tucked inside your pants and not super bulky and obvious and you should be fine. If someone you know should notice and ask you about your diaper, don't call it a diaper yourself. It's better to call it "protection" or "disposable brief". Calling it a diaper just adds to their suspicion.

I tend to just yell out something that grabs their attention and sifts the conversation. You would be shocked at how well yelling out "fire!" and pointing in a random direction changes the subject. Works well in cali, I mean our state is constantly on fire anyway.

I like the "well duh" approach...

Are you wearing a diaper?

Yeah.

Why?

Uh, getting my clothes and surroundings wet is just not something I enjoy.

OR

You're a smart man/girl. I'm sure you know what diapers are used for!

The more I'm around adults since being out of school, the more I'm seeing that people are generally just curious or concerned. If they ask why you're wearing diapers, it's not a "HAHA UR WEARING DIAPERS" kind of thing but more of a "Is everything ok?"

As far as the OP is concerned... yeah I have no idea what I'd say if I was confronted. I'm not super close to a lot of people, and I wouldnt be wearing them around those people out of fear of being found out. I guess I haven't been around long enough to stop caring about what other people think :P

I like the "well duh" approach...

Are you wearing a diaper?

Yeah.

Why?

Uh, getting my clothes and surroundings wet is just not something I enjoy.

OR

You're a smart man/girl. I'm sure you know what diapers are used for!

Another scienereo is someone asks when I'm heading to get changed...

What's the diaper for?

Oh. This? The diaper I have on is soaked, so I'm going to wear this one instead.

Why do you have diapers in your purse/bag?

Because eventually I will need changing.

OR

The diaper I have on gets icky after a while.

OR

Do YOU want to hang around me for hours in the same diaper?

OR

Easier to carry.

I like your answers best

I generally start off with something like "Only ask if you must know the answer." Normally nothing more will be said about it, but if their curiosity ensues, then I'll tell them from the beginning what drove me to start wearing diapers. My reasoning is fairly legit as I did start having accidents before I ever put on an adult diaper, but if you want to craft a remarkable story for yourself go for it, just make it convincing. I normally eventually explain truthfully how wearing diapers makes me feel, but then I know some have more sexual reactions or desires with diapers. Diapers for me are comfort and protection and they put my mind in a state of security before the trauma. I'm better natured, more confident, and of course more productive. ;p

Everyone, deep down, knows their reasons for wearing diapers. The challenge is communicating such ideas to a friend or family member. Take it slow, break it down, and always start at the beginning of why, how, and when you started wearing diapers. Please turn to side 2. Click Click buzzzz... Welcome to the Joy of Crosshatching. I will be walking you through step by step in this informational audio cassette to help you to better understand the relationship between the needle and the thread.. End transmission. (This is what happens when you don't sleep)

Falling off a ladder has been used as an excuse for an incontinence problem. Whats strange is the problem was then caused by being blown up!!! Stranger still it then changed a number of times to other causes. And don't even bother using a badly photoshopped picture as proof.

Even a simple lie is hard to keep straight if your wanting to add details and people will notice that it's not the truth.

So don't be a turnip, don't say anything beyond, "It's embarrassing and i don't want to talk about it"

For those who have already lied and been caught out the old advice of "Keep it simple STUPID" springs to mind. :roflmao: