LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinent From Wearing Diapers?

So what is your story why you have been using since you were 15? I started using when I was about 20 and I am about the same age as you. I was a bed wetter until 16 and then started having day time accidents as I got older. So I turned to diapers and have basically worn them since.

Please remember to read the pinned message at the top of this section. This is where we discuss incontinence as a medical condition and not how to become incontinent.

For ages general practioners and later early pediatricians assumed the only way to toilet train a toddler was to transition him or her from pinned-on diapers to cloth trainers. Obviously it is unsafe to allow a real toddler to handle diaper pins. So it is possible there was a coore of truth to the theory. If you feel the need to go pee or poop on a toilet and you cannot remove a diaper in time, you either hold it longer than you like, or you wet your diaper.

More modern thinking is that the thing to avoid is any urine or poop outside the diaper area. Our skin there is naturally resistant to urine and poop, but the rest of our skin is not protected and thus if we sit in wet clothing or bedding, other parts of our bodies suffer. So, the medical thinking is the benefit of wearing a diaper are greater than the rish wearing the diaper prolongs or delays re-gaining control.

Several of the AB I know well and in-person are not incontinent. Most have been into AB for years, so have little trouble wetting while diapered and in their AB mode. Yet if they must switch to big-boy or big-girl panties during a Sunday night so they can leave for work Monday moring in conventional undies, they can do so without wetting accidents.

If you are incontinent, then you need to have frequent check-ups by a urologist and internest for men and in an ideal world a gyno-urologist plus the internest for women.

Angela Bauer

Well, I think it's a legitimate topic here, but barely. You can talk about your feelings regarding incontinence, but I agree that we don't want this to become a "how to."

Before becoming incontinent in any way, I was a DL or AB for a while (not so much on the AB stuff anymore, but anyway...). I suspect that it may have played some role in my OAB, but I don't know for sure. Certainly once I started wearing protection, it has gotten worse mostly since I've made no effort to reverse it. I'm okay with it though. I figure that needing diapers doesn't mean you can't like them.

I guess im not seeing this in the same light as you are andb and angela. what i see this user asking is not how to become incontinet they are asking IF anyone has become incontinent from haveing done so. which to me is not how to do so much is as it is is that why you are.

No, I saw it the same way as you. I was just validating Angela's concern about where the topic had the potential of going.

I think, though, that it's awfully hard to say what causes incontinence when it comes on. If I was not a DL, would I have developed an overactive bladder? I don't know...it probably didn't help though!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure my incontinence comes from being in diapers 24/7 - it's been almost five years now since I chose that route and I noticed a steady decline in control after about 2 years. It's not so severe and is partly psychological as I leak far more when I'm very relaxed, but I feel that I need diapers all the time just in case.

As is frequently stated here, you should always be careful about what you wish for, but personally I've no regrets at all - for me being incontinent isn't a cross to bear, it's a liberation. As long as I have my nappies on - which of course I always do - I can just let my bladder do its thing while I get on with everything else. For me, not having to think about when I might need to pee and whether or not there will be a toilet somewhere nearby (and a clean one when I'm not at home) is a freedom I really value.

For me, not having to think about when I might need to pee ... is a freedom I really value.
I like the way you think, but I have a question. How is the need to think about where you could change any different? I never had an issue with wondering where the next bathroom was, but now I know I often am on the look out for a family or disabled bathroom with some privacy to change in (as Mommy can change me in a 1 person restroom or a 'family' restroom.)

On the other hand, besides when my tummy decides its time for an emptying (too often for my tastes) I love not having to wonder if my butthead boss will be in the office to take care of customers while I take a leak. I just...take a leak and keep on working! :) I always make sure to have enough capacity to make it until lunch.

Well for better or worse, my fluid intake is not huge (I probably drink 2 or 3 mugs of tea during the day) and so I hardly ever need to change during the day. I may not know when I'm going to pee but I have a good idea of how much volume there will be over several hours and I know my nappy (abriform x plus, so pretty awesome capacity) will cope with it. I don't flood any more, but dribble quite a bit, and the diaper can cope with that much better ...

• 2 weeks later...

I am! I’ve been wearing now for 364 days and I wet all the time now without any control. I wake at night completely soaked.

I have not held it once in nearly a year. Everytime I felt like I had to pee I let it go. It got to be a habit and then just automatic. The fact that I wet myself even when I sleep means I’ve succeeded.

I have no idea if I could control it because I don’t want to try and ruin anything. Even as I type this I can feel myself peeing a little.

So, yes if you are committed, you can make yourself loose all control. No hypno or other weird stuff. Just stop holding you pee. ALWAYS!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone became incontinent from wearing diapers? How long it take and how many years have you been incontinent? Did you wanted to become incontinent or just happened? How do you feel having incontinence now?

I myself have been incontinent for many years. I started wearing diapers 25 years ago.

I've been in diapers 24/7 for about 3 years.

I wet without realizing it. However, it's really not incontinence... It's diaper trained.

If I decided to stop wearing diapers, it'd probably take a few days, maybe even a week, to make my body remember to not just let it go.

I can consciously start and stop, and I do, every so often, just to make sure I don't let those muscles get too weak.

• 6 months later...
Guest wetone82

I have worn diapers off / on since I was12. Now that I am incontinent wearing diapers is no big deal. Although wearing them at first, did help with my incontinence.

Wearing them 24/7 doesn't make everyone go incontinent. It didn't with me, it only made me want to go more often because my bladder was so used to being empty. I still have that problem and it has been seven months since I've quit.

I think I did go without knowing it because my diaper would be wetter than how often I have wet it. But when I stopped, my body knew I didn't have a diaper on so I didn't go without knowing it.