LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reusing a baby's mildly used diaper

Jeremy

Years ago I had a friend with a daughter who was around two or three and still in diapers . There was a few times when she was going to give the girl a bath or thought diaper was dirty but wasn't and ended up changing a fairly clean diaper. To me throwing that a way seems like a waste. What are your thoughts? Would you reuse one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a baby's diaper, but I have "reused" my own. Sometimes when I haven't wet it yet (or very little) and have to take it off for a shower or my hot tub I will put it back on later. Not much sense in wasting a good diaper that I paid for after all.

I did this when I was like 8 years old and back then it seemed wrong

I don't see it wrong . Why throw a way something that isn't really dirty . Maybe I'm thinking wrong on this

Sent from my my diaper

It's wrong more in the sense that it isn't your own diaper to start with. You probably won't know why that diaper got thrown out even though it's not wet. It's also very likely that by the time that baby diaper gets thrown out, and you pick it up, quite a lot of time will have passed. By then there is probably bacteria or mold growing in it (even if you can't see it yet), and that will dramatically increase your chances of getting an infection.

Aside from the fact its weird and creepy? Like everyone else said its unsanitary. Sorry to be so blunt but no one should be taking used diapers from kids and wearing them.

• Like 3

I have reused my son's diaper on himself. Why waste a diaper if it's not even used. I used to just dump the poop out and put it back on him.

• Like 1

I have reused my son's diaper on himself. Why waste a diaper if it's not even used. I used to just dump the poop out and put it back on him.

I have reused my own diapers though, if they can hold more and are only wet in the middle or unused, I put it back on. Why waste a diaper? I will not wear a diaper that has been worn by someone else though.

Babies are not incontinent BTW, look it up. We just basically teach them to go in their pants and then they have to relearn how to hold it when we potty train them. And my mom wondered why I had it figured out wrong when she attempted to train me at age two and couldn't.

yeah see that's what I'm saying. Why waste a diaper cuz they aren't cheap. Wasn't talking about using it for a sexual thing. But like personally I tend to run out early so know others likely do too.

Not saying I'm gonna do this with someone else's or I'd even have the options to . I used the above as a example as to what made me wonder about reusing .

My apologies if it came across poorly .

Sent from in my own head

If it's worn but there isn't really anything visible in it, I don't see a problem with reusing it. There's no point in wasting a diaper that's otherwise perfectly good. As for whether or not it's sanitary, unless the baby who wore it was sick, you've got a better chance of catching something from touching a door handle out in public than you do (or anyone else does) from reusing the worn but not "dirty" diaper.

I honestly wouldn't put a already worn unused diaper on my child if it was worn by another child. Something about it tells me it's gross. It's like would you put on someone's underwear if they had been worn? If they had been washed, that is different. When I would try on swimsuits as a child, I always kept my underwear on for sanitary reasons. That is what you're supposed to do. Now that will be difficult with a diaper now.

I think the OP was asking if you would put on your own used diaper or diaper that has been worn even not used and he used his friend's child as an example for if you would put your kid's unused worn diaper back on them. It was poorly worded I know so it did sound like he was asking if you would put on a diaper that had been worn by a child. Also given this was posted in diaper lovers so it does make the question look different.

Also I hear day cares will change an unused diaper. They have a policy they change a child every certain amount of hours and if the diaper is unused, they still change it. I don't know if they all do this or not but one place I was at did it for sanitary reasons. To me it was a waste and it would annoy me to no end to waste my kid's diapers but that would also tell me if my kid is dry so often, maybe it's time for potty training so they won't keep wasting them. Most day cares will not do cloth and will require disposables. Also for sanitary reasons.

More and more daycares are adopting timed changes for the same reasons hospitals do- regular changes prevent worse problems of needed changed being missed. And it offers legal protection- a BIG issue in our sue-happy society today :rolleyes: While maybe more costly, it also helps the parent keep the daycare stocked with enough diapers for their child- you know the minimum you'll need and the daycare will have iot a l9ot easier with inventory.

I think the OP was asking if you would put on your own used diaper or diaper that has been worn even not used and he used his friend's child as an example for if you would put your kid's unused worn diaper back on them. It was poorly worded I know so it did sound like he was asking if you would put on a diaper that had been worn by a child. Also given this was posted in diaper lovers so it does make the question look different.

you are correct.

Thanks for your help in this thread. I agree I did word it poorly.

Sent from in my own head

Sure if I need to release the tabs on one side of my diaper so that I can sit on a toilet to poop, if I had not been wearing the diaper for more than a couple of hours and it still had capacity, I would simply re-fasten the open tab.

More and more daycares are adopting timed changes for the same reasons hospitals do- regular changes prevent worse problems of needed changed being missed. And it offers legal protection- a BIG issue in our sue-happy society today :rolleyes: While maybe more costly, it also helps the parent keep the daycare stocked with enough diapers for their child- you know the minimum you'll need and the daycare will have iot a l9ot easier with inventory.